Trip Report Completed: How to Avoid a Rebel Invasion: a dual August trip report

Hello all! It's pre-trip report time, title explanation to follow!

Who:
IMG_20171003_015252.jpg

That's all of us back in August of 2017 at Whispering Canyon Cafe.
From the left: SIL @NessNewt, myself with my younger niece E on my lap, mom C, bf P, my now middle child R, my oldest hiding his head T, with older niece L in front of him, and my brother Z. We're all going back and we're bringing this cutie:
B8.JPG

It's baby E's first trip! Well, outside the womb that is. Lol
Where: Pop Century for Me (K), P, baby E, C, R, and T
Coronado Springs for @NessNewt (V), Z, L and E
When: August 10-16 for Myself, P, baby E, C,R and T
August 14-21 for @NessNewt (V), Z, L and E
We're getting out before Star Wars Land opens and the masses flood the parks, hence the first part of our trip title. And @NessNewt and I will both be reporting, so it's kind of like 2 trips in one!

Last edited:

NessNewt

Wednesday August 14

Early flight to see MCO
Late, late breakfast at Bon Voyage
Early dinner at O'hana
Probably pool and crash

Thursday August 15
Pre park opening Be Our Guest
FP for Enchanted Tales with Belle, Peter Pan and Mickey & Minnie (excited for their cute outfits!)
Z is going off with the boys for The Void
My girls and I will meet up with my sister who will be arriving before dinner at Homecomin'
If we are up for it we might try to pop into a park post dinner, but we'll see!

Friday August 16
Animal Kingdom Day
Priorities: Nomad Lounge and get us all on Flight of Passage
The Plan: I think my sister J and I will try to rope drop FOP. We have FP for myself, Z and daughters, L & E. BUT I don't think they'll want to ride. So my mom and stepmom (L2 and C2) can use their FP's to ride later.
😶😶😶 And/or maybe we'll try rider switch?
FPs: Expedition Everest/Dinosaur
Kilimanjaro Safaris
FOP/Navi River
(*P2, M & K arrive this day and are going to MNSSHP)

Saturday August 17
My mom and sister are joining us for the morning at MK. My stepmom (C2) is going off with my step siblings for a later morning start.

Pre park BOG breakfast (yes, again, lol)
Quick morning at MK before heading over to Epcot
Question: Best transport option for MK to Epcot? Monorail or bus?
FPs for Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Meeting Mickey and pals (for a few days this was a tier 2 so I nabbed it)
Definitely going to take a midday break because ....

Frozen Ever After dessert party! With my mom, stepmom, sister, step siblings ... The whole group!

OK, let's break up the text with a past Disney trip picture!

I swear E liked this ride!😂

NessNewt

Sunday August 18
HS with the whole crew but we may some fast passes separately
EMH at Hollywood Studios
FPs Rock N Rollercoaster for L, me and J
Voyage of the Little Mermaid for E, Z and L2
Star Tours for all of us
Slinky Dog for L, me, Z and E. BUT E doesn't want to ride. And we have another later in the week. So we might try and rope drop or do some fast pass swapping so all the adults can ride it.
Other priorities: Indiana Jones show for my husband, Muppets because we all love them, meet Vampirina and Fancy Nancy
Possibly dinner at Maya Grill that night for all of us but our SDD FP is after our reservation time, so I'm not sure if that will change.

Monday August 19
Magic Kingdom
FPs Seven Dwarves, Big Thunder/Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain
Z, the girls and I have a dinner reservation at Storybook Dining at Wilderness Lodge
J is flying home in the afternoon
L2, C2, P2 & K are doing dinner together, I think Enzo's Hideaway

Tuesday August 20
My mom and stepmom fly home this morning - plans are just for my family of four
Pre park breakfast at Garden Grill
FP's at Hollywood studios
SDD
ROCK N Rollercoaster/ Star Tours
For the First Time in Forever

We had debated the MNSSHP this night but our girls don't like "bad guys". Like, really really really scared of villains. We could probably avoid the parade and stage show, but then what's the point of going?

In any case, I have a Crystal Palace reservation at 2:15 that I think we might keep if we aren't running around too much. We might hang around the MK and people watch costumes as they show up. I think the kids would enjoy that.😁

Wednesday August 21
We leave. :(

But FIRST, we have an O'hana breakfast at 11:45 and a backup Crystal Palace late lunch if it looks like Tuesday won't happen.

FP's for Seven Dwavres, Big Thunder/Winnie the Pooh/ Splash Mountain (we have clear favorites lol)

Late flight out!

Are you exhausted from reading this? I'm already exhausted planning this!😂😂😂

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Sunday August 18
HS with the whole crew but we may some fast passes separately
EMH at Hollywood Studios
FPs Rock N Rollercoaster for L, me and J
Voyage of the Little Mermaid for E, Z and L2
Star Tours for all of us
Slinky Dog for L, me, Z and E. BUT E doesn't want to ride. And we have another later in the week. So we might try and rope drop or do some fast pass swapping so all the adults can ride it.
Other priorities: Indiana Jones show for my husband, Muppets because we all love them, meet Vampirina and Fancy Nancy
Possibly dinner at Maya Grill that night for all of us but our SDD FP is after our reservation time, so I'm not sure if that will change.

Monday August 19
Magic Kingdom
FPs Seven Dwarves, Big Thunder/Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain
Z, the girls and I have a dinner reservation at Storybook Dining at Wilderness Lodge
J is flying home in the afternoon
L2, C2, P2 & K are doing dinner together, I think Enzo's Hideaway

Tuesday August 20
My mom and stepmom fly home this morning - plans are just for my family of four
Pre park breakfast at Garden Grill
FP's at Hollywood studios
SDD
ROCK N Rollercoaster/ Star Tours
For the First Time in Forever

We had debated the MNSSHP this night but our girls don't like "bad guys". Like, really really really scared of villains. We could probably avoid the parade and stage show, but then what's the point of going?

In any case, I have a Crystal Palace reservation at 2:15 that I think we might keep if we aren't running around too much. We might hang around the MK and people watch costumes as they show up. I think the kids would enjoy that.😁

Wednesday August 21
We leave. :(

But FIRST, we have an O'hana breakfast at 11:45 and a backup Crystal Palace late lunch if it looks like Tuesday won't happen.

FP's for Seven Dwavres, Big Thunder/Winnie the Pooh/ Splash Mountain (we have clear favorites lol)

Late flight out!

Are you exhausted from reading this? I'm already exhausted planning this!😂😂😂

View attachment 382989
Fabulous job!!!
I am sure they do, but I hope your family appreciates all the work you have put into the trip. (Plus I know it’s fun for us to plan so that’s all the thanks I usually need😎)

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
My stepmom who is married to my mom.

I have another stepmom who is married to my dad. They do get all get along but not Disney trip sharing a room and bed get along! 😂
Ok, I feel a little like a jerk now. But hey, gives you something to talk about while waiting in a boring line🤷‍♀️

NessNewt

Ok, I feel a little like a jerk now. But hey, gives you something to talk about while waiting in a boring line🤷‍♀️

No worries! Absolutely normal assumption to make with the given information. I need to check with everyone to see if they mind if I share their photos. Might be easier to follow if there are pictures of everyone.

krisri18

Original Poster
So I've been trying to get premium MagicBands for P and I. My Mom (C) managed to snag 🌈 Mickey for herself, Vader for T, and the castle one for R. But P wanted Haunted Mansion or the Villains and I really wanted the Dole Whip one. So naturally when they are both available again, I keep getting errors and can't checkout. *Sigh* incredibly frustrating

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
So I've been trying to get premium MagicBands for P and I. My Mom (C) managed to snag 🌈 Mickey for herself, Vader for T, and the castle one for R. But P wanted Haunted Mansion or the Villains and I really wanted the Dole Whip one. So naturally when they are both available again, I keep getting errors and can't checkout. *Sigh* incredibly frustrating
Even more frustrating is: I also tried for days and days. Finally I got my son Vader and I was trying for Ariel. No dice. Mickey? No. Mickey bday? No. Back to Ariel. No. Donald? No. Finally I hit on one, not even sure which one I got. I put my credit card info in and checked all the boxes. SUCCESS!!! The next morning I check my confirmation email. They only charged me for my son’s Vader. I have been assisgned default gray. Oh heck no!!! I cant go in and modify like we use to be able to do. I called and the woman I spoke to is going to hand me off to the escalation team. We shall see.

Rista1313

Even more frustrating is: I also tried for days and days. Finally I got my son Vader and I was trying for Ariel. No dice. Mickey? No. Mickey bday? No. Back to Ariel. No. Donald? No. Finally I hit on one, not even sure which one I got. I put my credit card info in and checked all the boxes. SUCCESS!!! The next morning I check my confirmation email. They only charged me for my son’s Vader. I have been assisgned default gray. Oh heck no!!! I cant go in and modify like we use to be able to do. I called and the woman I spoke to is going to hand me off to the escalation team. We shall see.

What will happen is they will send you an email giving you a $15 coupon and free shipping to use on any $24.99 band on shopdisney.com and then then it will come right away. At least that's what happened to me... and then somehow they sent me an extra.... Sorcerer Mickey for $10.60 anyone plus a little shipping?

krisri18

Original Poster
I actually had both bands selected at one point and then it would not let me check out. I kept retrying. Until neither band was available anymore and the process starts all over again. Disney seriously underestimated the guest interest in these! Fingers crossed you get your band, or at least a credit to order one.

krisri18

Original Poster
Magic Band Update!
I was FINALLY able to place the order for the premium bands! Did I get our first choices? No. Second choice? Nope. But I managed to get Spaceship Earth for me (which I am totally ok with, silver/grey goes with everything right?) and a Lion King Simba and Rafiki (which I have never seen before) for P. Lion King was his favorite movie growing up so let's hope he likes it! I'm sure I could have waited for a Haunted Mansion or Villains one to be available but I am just tired of refreshing the page and constantly checking to see if it will let me check out!

NessNewt

So for our last big family trip on August 2017 I decided to make the kids and myself some Minnie ears. They are by no means perfect, I'm more of a casual crafter with minimal sewing and hot glue skills, but they are fun!

I've started making new ones for this trip and finished the first pair tonight.

(I'm holding them in front of this door for the natural light 😂).

This pair is for my E. My MIL (C) is making her a Cinderella peasant dress out of the same material.

Now to just crank out another dozen+ in the next 35 days!

Songbird76

So for our last big family trip on August 2017 I decided to make the kids and myself some Minnie ears. They are by no means perfect, I'm more of a casual crafter with minimal sewing and hot glue skills, but they are fun!

I've started making new ones for this trip and finished the first pair tonight.

View attachment 388219

(I'm holding them in front of this door for the natural light 😂).

This pair is for my E. My MIL (C) is making her a Cinderella peasant dress out of the same material.

Now to just crank out another dozen+ in the next 35 days!
So cute!! We're like that too....we have a glue gun and I can do a basic stitch, but that's about it. Did you line the inside of the band with velvet ribbon? We saw a youtube video that suggested that, and we did that because in DLP I had a pair without that, and they kept blowing off in the wind. The velvet ribbon kind of grabs your hair, but not painfully.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom