Trip Report **COMPLETED** Haven't We Already Done Everything? *Gasp* Say What?

Hi everyone! This is my first trip report, and I'm a bit nervous. Perhaps that's why I've procrastinated in getting this done. Reading some trip reports (@Tuvalu @Doc Disney @samantha788 to name some awesome reports), I realized just how little pictures I did take. And I thought I took a bunch (both with my phone and camera)!

But, seeing as how I am home all week due to damage from Hurricane Matthew (I was lucky, no damage or loss of power), this may be a time to start it.

View media item 1385

A little background:

Who: Me, celebrating turning 40 earlier this year. My niece, LaLa, who is 28 and celebrating her first Disney trip. Pic to come, as I haven't uploaded those yet. Oops! :in pain:

When: September 3 - 9, with MNSSHP on the 8th

Resort: Port Orleans Riverside

Day 1: Saturday, September 3rd
So the day before, there was a list tropical storm Hermione that came through NC dropping wind and rain. I became a Weather junkie that entire week and checked the airlines for updates. Saturday morning, it was all clear and my niece and I made out way to the airport.

This was her fist flight as well. Even though I had tried to prepare her for how to use a carry-on ("How am I to get all my clothes into one bag?") and to pack her 3-1-1 liquids, she didn't put the liquids into a clear bag. Luckily I had packed extra Ziploc bags, shoved all we could in the bag, and we were on our way.

Flight went off pretty much on-time and we landed in CLT and grabbed lunch. This was probably this first time I've landed in Charlotte and not had to run to my next connection.

View media item 1945Ready for the next leg of our trip!

We boarded the flight to MCO and arrived around 4:30. I though we were making good time. Then we hit the waiting for DME. This was my first time taking DME and I thought we had plenty of time. Once we got loaded (we sat in the front), it was onto Disney!

I was so excited to sit in the front, because I wanted my own picture of the entrance sign.....
View media item 1947Yeah, not so much.:banghead::banghead:

The DME dropped off at Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, POFQ and finally Riverside. I had already received the text for the room - Alligator Bayou Building 36. I went to the front desk anyway, so I can see where it was. :eek: :eek: Yeah, it was a bit of a hike. I believe that we got into the resort, made it to the room, and quickly dropped off our bags by 6:35. Dinner reservations were at 6:45 at Raglan Road. Um, I think we're going to be late.

Next Up: A boat, A walk, and An Irish Party

Thanks for ready thus far. Come back now, ya hear!

Last edited:

LadyBelle

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Did you attach or upload?

Excited to read more, btw! :D
I *think* I attached? I clicked the little camera in the reply box and selected pictures from the media album I created. I'm not as familiar with how to get the pictures on this form as most others. Maybe because I tried on my iPad instead of a computer?

I'll be back as soon as I figure out this picture issue!

LeighM

I love Riverside!! As you can see from my signature LOL. The next time we go, I would like to convince my husband to stay somewhere else. I was just at Riverside last week and we were in building 34. I had never stayed in the Alligator Bayou section before but this time I requested a room close to the West Depot, the first theme park bus stop. And I loved it! It was a longer walk to the main building but couldn't beat the location to the bus stop. I would definitely request this building again.

And this trip was my first time flying as well. We always drove during our previous trips and I do like a short 2 hr flight to a 13 hour drive :) Can't wait to hear what you think about Raglan Road. We had always heard mixed reviews about it but it was always on my must do list. We finally made it this trip, and my husband and I really enjoyed it.

Ciara

I *think* I attached? I clicked the little camera in the reply box and selected pictures from the media album I created. I'm not as familiar with how to get the pictures on this form as most others. Maybe because I tried on my iPad instead of a computer?

I'll be back as soon as I figure out this picture issue!

Okay so I think its because you have to upload them, there should be a button by the post button that says upload a file. Click on that, select the photo and bam! It pops up in your report. That is how i do it at least :D:D

LadyBelle

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So, let's take two with the pictures from the Travel Day:

AK_TREEBACK_20160906_7795002770.jpeg

Me on the left and my niece LaLa on the right

IMG_0385.JPG

Ready to board the flight!

IMG_0386.JPG

My attempt to get the Welcome Sign...oh dear.

Thanks to @Ciara for the help with the pic!

Last edited:

LadyBelle

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So, before I was rudely interrupted by my computer randomly restarting....

Night 1
It must have been the tiredness from the travel, because I thought that taking the boat from the resort to Disney Springs would be the best way to travel to get there for dinner. I didn't factor in the walk time from the room to the boat dock.

As we hurried to the boat dock, there was one boat already there. Yay! BUT, they were loading as we were about 200 yards from the dock. So we just missed that boat. So, I scrambled to find Raglan Road's number to call and say that we would be late. We were told that they would fit us in once we got there.

The second boat came maybe about 20 minutes later and we were then on our way. Since it was late in the day, we didn't have to stop at FQ, which made me happy.

I always love the boat ride. It's such a scenic view. So scenic, I didn't bother to bring out the camera. I like those treehouse bungalows along the way. Kind of like very fancy camping.

IMG_0002.JPG

I did manage to capture one of those cars going by us on the way into Disney Springs. That would freak me out if I had to ride in one of those. No, thank you.

So, we pull into the loading dock and now it's time to try and find the restaurant. Naturally, considering my day, it would be on the other side from the dock. We rush through the crowd and find the restaurant. Once we were seated, I think it was close to an hour after our initial reservation.

I ordered the Fish and Chips, because what (to me at least) would be more authentic than true Irish Fish and Chips?
IMG_0003.JPG

Well, turned out the fish was a little bland. I have had more tasty fish and chips at a chain restaurant. It was a tad bit disappointing :(. My niece had steak. She'd be doing that a lot. It was the beginning of the Great Steak Tour of 2016 for her.

To Be Continued (once my computer stops futzing :banghead::banghead::banghead:)

LadyBelle

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
To finish up the arrival night, I had the Chocolate Heaven and we listened to the Irish bad on stage.

IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG

Since we were seated at a high top near the bar, people would stand there and drink and it was a bit difficult to see at times. We finished up our desert and shopped a little before heading back to the resort. We took the boat back to the resort and went to the food court to grab our mugs. I am a fan of the mugs without handles. :cool: I

Sunday, Sep 4 - Hollywood Studios

I, of course, we up at my usual wake up time of 6:45 am. My niece, on the other hand, is not an early riser. So my plans for getting there for EMH was thrown off a bit. Luckily, we were up and out the door by 8:15. Our bus stop was the North Depot. Seeing as this was my first time at Riverside, we followed the signs. It was actually a bit of a longer route to the North Depot than I thought it would be by looking at the map. Thanks to LaLa for looking on her phone while we were waiting for the bus and found a short cut through the parking lot for the rest of the trip. I guess it did pay to get the "garden view/parking lot" view. ;)

The bus rides have changed since I was last there in 2004. The driver no longer talks, but the pre-recorded voice tells us the next bus stops and a bit about DHS. I kind of miss the actual history that used to be explained on the bus.

Once we got there, I scouted for the shortest line to get into the park. I was wondering why the lines weren't moving, when I realized I was in the line for people to get in who weren't resort guests. o_Oo_O So, once I found the correct line, we were through and on our way. As we were browsing some shops before our first FP+, I heard the opening welcome. Checking the standby lines for RnR & ToT, they were already 50+ minutes. Which, was good for me because I really didn't want to go on those rides. I was only doing it for LaLa. :p

We then made our way to Pixar
IMG_0007.JPG

This will be awesome once Toy Story Land is complete.

IMG_0008.JPG

As we waited for our FP+ to Toy Story Mania, LaLa said we should check out the building on the left:
IMG_0010.JPG

At first I thought it was just a line to take pictures of the scenes from Toy Story.
IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

Up next: Buzz wants a Selfie!

LadyBelle

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday, September 4 (Cont'd):

Once we got to the corner, it was picture time with Buzz and Woody! Apparently I was surprised to actually see them:
STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_20160904_7792641259.jpeg

Buzz seemed to love my Captain America Shirt. He saluted me every time.
STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_20160904_7792641265.jpeg

Really, Woody was admiring my ears. Doesn't look like it though! :hilarious::hilarious:
STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_20160904_7792641260.jpeg

As we were getting ready to leave, Buzz saluted (again) and wanted LaLa to take a selfie. I wish I had her version of it, but we got this from the Photo Pass:

STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_20160904_7792642060.jpeg

Buzz and Woody were great. Now onto Toy Story Mania!!

LadyBelle

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday, September 4th (Cont'd)
Next Stop...
IMG_0011.JPG

I was super excited to try this ride. Through the FP+ queue we go!

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

For some reason I thought that this had a ride photo, so I was expecting to see a pic of me winning on MDE. Alas, there is no photographic evidence that I won. And I did, too. :D

One last pic and off we go!
IMG_0009.JPG

As we were leaving Pixar, I noticed everyone was standing around in a rather disjointed path. Then, you hear the familiar strains of....

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

That was *super* cool to watch. We did not stay to watch the show. Instead we went to Star Wars Launch Bay. I don't think LaLa was as enthused as I was. Literally geeking out.:geek::geek::geek:

LadyBelle

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
As we were wandering through the Launch Bay, I checked the wait times on Chewy and Kylo. Chewy was a bit too long, so we headed towards the Dark Side...

Disney, if you're reading this, This might be a cool thing to add as an attraction or ride. Just sayin'
IMG_0020.JPG

Pretty nice helmets.
IMG_0021.JPG

My new favorite addition!
IMG_0022.JPG

I am still kicking myself for not finding and buying the BB-8 Mug.

So, as we were waiting in line for Kylo Ren, me being the geek that I am, I was figuring out something pithy and witty to say when it was my turn. LaLa was having no part in having the picture taken (as I said, totally not into this as much as I was).

So, I get to the spot and Kylo points to where I am to stand. As he is gliding around I say "You look just like your grandfather. Very impressive." :facepalm: Kylo stops and starts telling me about the Dark Side and I counter with there are Rebel spies among the Order. He tries reading my mind. And this happened:
STUDIO_LBDRKSDECHAR2_20160904_7792669748.jpeg

I try to look all serious and this is how it turns out:
STUDIO_LBDRKSDECHAR2_20160904_7792669753.jpeg

Yeah. I think I was cracking myself up at that point at how the whole thing went. He ordered us to leave with one last try to get us to join the Order. Next time, Kylo. Maybe next time. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I had to take this next picture for my friend who couldn't come.
IMG_0023.JPG

:cry::cry::cry:

Up Next, It's time to play the music; it's time to light the lights

LadyBelle

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So, so, so sorry guys! Just when I think I can sit back and actually work on my trip report, pesky real life steps in. I feel embarrassed that I'm still on day one, so I'll condense the rest of that trip:

Next stop was Muppets 3D. My favorite perhaps it's because it's one of the last things Jim Henson was involved in. :cry:
IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

After that, we went to the gift shop. I was tired of being the Sherpa of the day with my smaller backpack. So they were having a special of a backpack for $20 if you bought $40(?) worth of items. I snapped up a Christmas gift for my BFF, pick up a Marry Poppins Pin and voila! backpack purchased.

We then headed to lunch over by Star Tours. They were giving a Jedi Training when we went by.
IMG_0389.JPG

LaLa and I both ordered the Chicken Fingers. LaLa made the comment that she thought she would lose weight from all this walking, but the food wasn't helping! :p
IMG_0027.JPG

After lunch, we went on Star Tours. I like the new additions to the ride. A little more bumpier than I remember, but still awesome. After Star Tours, the wait time for the GMR was minimal, so we headed over there. As we were walking towards the queue, I was unaware that the Star Wars event was ending and...

BOOM!!!!!

Off went the fireworks! I jumped and screamed a little. :oops::oops:

Our Tour Guide through the GMR was awesome. I don't remember them ever getting off the ride and get involved in any of the scenes from my last visit, but they added that little bit which was cool, yet predictable as to when they would return. Sometimes being an adult and suspending disbelief can be hard. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom