Trip Report ***COMPLETED*** Happy Howdyween - September 2019

Hello friends, and welcome to another J and K trip report! Since we’re all stuck at home with no word on when the Disney parks will reopen, I thought I would bring you all along to relive the magic of our last WDW trip. After all, this is WDW Magic, and you all have only seen J and I go to Disneyland together.

Who: Myself (Katie) and my husband and Disney travel partner, Jason. We are WDW Annual Passholders (technically only I am at the moment), and Georgia peaches. We have been to WDW together 11 times since our initial trip for our first wedding anniversary in 2014.

CECCCA57-2F83-4D36-A6B9-E599FBF46664.jpeg

When: September 7th-11th, 2019

Where: Fort Wilderness! Hence the title, Happy HOWDYween!

Why: MNSSHP, Food and Wine, and seeing Galaxy’s Edge for the first time

Since it’s been 8 months since this trip, I don’t remember everything, so I’ll have to use my photos and Instagram stories from this trip to try to fill in the gaps in my memory. I hope that reliving this trip will help tide me over until we can be back in The World, and that I can help some of you who are also going through Disney withdrawals!

lindawdw

September 9th - Epcot Day- Continued

When I last left you, Jason and I had made it halfway around the World Showcase, and were pleasantly surprised by a character training.

Our next stop for Food and Wine was the Hops and Barley booth, where we split the Freshly Baked Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Icing ($4.25). I know carrot cake is one of those love-it-or-hate-it things, and we both LOVE it! This cake was warm and delicious, but very sweet, so I’m glad we just got one!
View attachment 477508

After enjoying our cake, we headed into the American Adventure pavilion to watch Voices of Liberty, and catch the next showing of the American Adventure show. We make a point to see Voices of Liberty every time we are in Epcot - they are one of my very favorite things in the park! We also like the American Adventure show, but man if that show doesn’t put me to sleep almost instantly. I think it’s a combination of the cushy seats and the air conditioning- after a few long hours walking around in the heat, a power nap is basically unavoidable.

After my nap, it was time to move on to Japan. We love this pavilion because of the massive shop, and we almost always end up with something from their festival booth. This time is was the Teriyaki Chicken Bun - Steamed Bun filled with Chicken, Vegetables and a Sweet Teriyaki Sauce ($5.75). This was seriously so good, we both agreed we could have eaten two each! The bun was pillowy soft, and the chicken inside was very flavorful. Definitely one of our favorites of the festival! Jason also got the Spicy Roll - Tuna and Salmon Sushi topped with Volcano Sauce ($5.75). I don’t do sushi (or seafood in general), so he had that one to himself. He did say that he enjoyed it, but he preferred the Sushi Donut from Festival of the Arts.
View attachment 477511

After demolishing our bun, we meandered around the shop in Japan, and if memory serves me correctly, I don’t believe either of us bought anything. After Japan, we headed to Morocco. I had enjoyed the Spicy Hummus Fries at Food and Wine in 2018, but they’re super filling and Jason wasn’t into them, so we skipped them this year. We spent some time walking around the pavilion, taking in the sights. The Morocco pavilion is the most photogenic pavilion, in my opinion! We didn’t take any pictures this day, but here is one from our May 2019 trip.
View attachment 477513

After Morocco, we headed to the Brazil booth, for the cheesy bread of course! The proper name is Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread ($4.50). This item is a favorite every year, for a good reason! Cheesy and gooey on the inside, warm and toasty on the outside - it’s truly divine. We knew enough to each get an order this time!
View attachment 477514

Next up was France. I always enjoy their festival booths, and this one was no exception. We got the Creme Brûlée - Crème Brûlèe with House-made Chocolate Hazelnut Cream ($4.75), and the La Passion Martini Slushy- Vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron, Cranberry and Passion Fruit Juice ($11.00) . The Creme Brûlée was absolutely heavenly - I love a good Creme brûlée, and the fact that it had Nutella in it just seals the deal. I always love the alcoholic slushes that France does during the festivals, so I already knew that I would love this one! They’re pricey, but I always have to get one!
View attachment 477515

We usually see “Impressions de France” after enjoying our France booth eats, but our timing was off this day, and we were going to have to wait 20+ minutes for the next show. We settled for browsing the gift shop for a few minutes, before moving on to the UK pavilion. We were both stuffed at this point, so we skipped the Ireland booth, but we’ve gotten both the Warm Chocolate Pudding with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard and the Guinness Bailey’s Shake before, and love both! We browsed the shops in the UK for a while before moving on to Canada and doing the same. Neither of us was interested in anything from the Appleseed Orchard booth, but I do believe Jason got a Moosehead Draft from the popcorn cart in Canada, as he usually does. He probably also got a beer in Germany. I never take picture of his drinks, as his mother is very anti-alcohol, and I don’t want him to get trouble. 🙄

Annnyway, after our trek around the World Showcase, we had some time to kill before we needed to find a spot for IllumiNations, so we headed back to Future World to kill some time. And that is where I’ll leave you for now!

To be continued...
All your food offerings look delicious!!! I meant to try the Brazilian Cheese Bread last year because so many posters raved about it but somehow never made it to the booth. :( I love the VOL and the AA show although I do tend to close my eyes for a few minutes during the show.

laben594

You are such a nice wife! once, my husband got food poisoning while at epcot and I took his magic band for an extra FastPass :hilarious: what sorority?? We did that too and I was chi omega!

krisri18

All your food offerings look delicious!!! I meant to try the Brazilian Cheese Bread last year because so many posters raved about it but somehow never made it to the booth. :( I love the VOL and the AA show although I do tend to close my eyes for a few minutes during the show.
Cheese bread is actually pretty easy to make it home! We do it once a month or so, it's a favorite!

k8einwdw

Original Poster
The cheese bread is soooo good! Definitely try it next time you’re at Food and Wine!
You are such a nice wife! once, my husband got food poisoning while at epcot and I took his magic band for an extra FastPass :hilarious: what sorority?? We did that too and I was chi omega!
Gamma Sigma Sigma!
Cheese bread is actually pretty easy to make it home! We do it once a month or so, it's a favorite!
I've been making the cheese bread at home too. It is really good. Hmm, now I'm thinking that should go on the menu this week.
I’m afraid if I learned how to make it at home, we’d eat it way too often! 🙈

k8einwdw

Original Poster

Accidentally took another two-week hiatus from updating this report...whoops! Work has been super busy, and also I’ve finally downloaded TikTok and now I spend all of my time watching silly videos #sendhelp

I promise I’ll get this wrapped up, but first I wanted to show you all a little fun adventure we took for my birthday over the weekend! The Atlanta Botanical Gardens currently has an “Alice in Wonderland” exhibit, and while it’s definitely not one of my favorite movies (sorry if you’re an Alice super-fan, it’s just too trippy for me!), I definitely couldn’t pass up the opportunity to see the exhibit.

First, some non-Alice pictures...

5BA85622-1AEF-49FE-9C83-E7150DD5A060.jpeg

098F744B-96A0-42EA-A52A-557BA0CE632D.jpeg

A948B93A-4D41-4047-A8CB-9D703A65758F.jpeg

03B68CF5-99BC-4224-AA47-CFB0ED38CC6C.jpeg

Now, onto the main attraction!
E910D305-A5CC-4691-A1D9-CDC9F930EB65.jpeg

B78339C6-D141-4113-8CC5-53D9B764EB0B.jpeg

423891A8-D186-4891-9235-F9983528F351.jpeg

AFD41494-630F-4055-AE2E-3904B22A7D13.jpeg

31EF1821-528D-49BB-8E88-7E08B49C2C6A.jpeg

485892BC-5FCD-448F-9FEB-B7DE0CFC06AA.jpeg

We loved this exhibit! It’s always nice to get a taste of Disney while we’re away from the parks. I know the exhibit was most likely based on the books and not the movie, but it felt a little bit like being at Flower and Garden! It was a beautiful day, albeit pretty hot, but I viewed it as a chance to get used to wearing a mask in the heat to prepare for our September WDW trip! If you’re ever in the Atlanta area, I highly recommend visiting the Botanical Gardens. They’re lovely any time of year, but I’m personally partial to their lights at Christmastime!

k8einwdw

Original Poster
September 9th- Epcot Day - Continued

Alright, let’s get back into this trip report! When I last left off, we had finished up our journey around the World Showcase, and we were headed to Future World to kill some time before IllumiNations. Our first stop was the Seas pavilion. We love hanging out in here in the evening when most people are over in World Showcase. You can take your time admiring the animals up close without feeling like you’re blocking someone’s view.
9315746D-AAA5-4384-A094-790C33586F58.jpeg

FD9E7745-6E7A-462A-B744-C51EBE5EBBEF.jpeg

57931F12-4565-47B7-9CB2-954689CF6E37.jpeg

I don’t *think* we rode The Seas with Nemo, as it’s not one of our favorites. I’d rather just go look at all of the animals. After this, I believe we rode Soarin’ as it had a very low wait time, but I have no photo evidence to prove it.

Then, we wanted a few more festival food items for dinner, so we headed over to the Future Eats area to hit up Flavors from Fire and Active Eats. At Active Eats, we got the Loaded Macaroni and Cheese with Nueske’s Pepper Bacon, Cheddar, and Leeks ($5.25). We get this one at Food and Wine every year, and it never disappoints! Creamy and cheesy with just the right amount of spice. It doesn’t look like Active Eats will be returning this year for the reimagined Food and Wine, BUT I saw that there will be an entire booth dedicated to Mac and Cheese, so I think we’ll survive! 😂
D4746DEF-D15F-4675-8EF3-9FA4D44C295C.jpeg

Next up was Flavors from Fire. Here, we got the Steakhouse Blended Burger: Blended Beef and Mushroom Slider with Brie Cheese Fondue, Arugula, and a Truffle and Blue Cheese Potato Chip on a Brioche Bun ($5.25), as well as the Smoked Corned Beef with Crispy Potatoes, Cheese Curds, Pickled Onions, and Beer-Cheese Fondue ($5.25). We loved both of these items! The slider is incredible, but pretty tiny for the price - we both agreed that we could have eaten 2-3 of these apiece. The corned beef was also fantastic, and a better portion for the price. This is one of our favorite booths every year, so we’re a little bummed that it won’t be returning this year, but we totally get the need for a scaled-down festival.
E6151765-E0F0-4F49-8D62-3627EFE70BBA.jpeg

After that, it was getting close to 8:00, so we decided to scope out a spot for IllumiNations. We walked around a bit to try to find the perfect spot, and eventually settled in for the long wait on the bridge between U.K. and France. I didn’t take any photos or video of the show, as this would be our last time seeing it. I have always loved IllumiNations, and I always get choked up during “We Go On.” Unfortunately, we had a couple sitting directly behind us that decided to talk through the entire show, so it was not as special as I had hoped it would be. I have not seen “Epcot Forever,” and haven’t heard great things, so I’m hoping that they bring out HarmoniUs as soon as they decide to bring back fireworks.

After IllumiNations, we waited for a bit to let the massive crowds get through before eventually getting up to walk toward the park exit. We decided to head into Mouse Gears on our way out, as we often do. After our shopping, we headed out to the buses. At Epcot, Ft. Wilderness shares a bus with Wilderness Lodge, and our bus was PACKED. Jason and I ended up standing toward the back of the bus, which meant that we had to get off to let the Wilderness Lodge folks out in order to avoid getting trampled. There was a young baby on the bus that cried the entire way back to Ft. Wilderness- I felt so sorry for the mother who was doing her best to soothe him/her. Thankfully, I didn’t hear anyone yell at them for having a crying baby. Babies cry, folks - you can’t just “shut them up.” When we finally arrived back at the Fort, we hopped in our golf cart and headed to the cabin, where we promptly hit the hay to get plenty of rest before our loooong day the next day.

Up next: Magic Kingdom and MNSSHP!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Your story about the crying baby reminds me of being on a bus with my daughter when she was a few months old. It was feeding time so she was crying (but not howling) and our bus ride is about 5-7 minutes in traffic. There was an old and nasty lady who starts “talking” to whomever would listen about how mothers should not go on the bus with babies and disturb others, etc. Rather than get upset, I smiled sweetly and said loudly “how proud your mother must have been to have had the only baby in the whole world who didn’t cry”. Everyone on the bus who heard me laughed. You should have seen how her face looked like she had sucked on a lemon! 😊

k8einwdw

Original Poster
Rather than get upset, I smiled sweetly and said loudly “how proud your mother must have been to have had the only baby in the whole world who didn’t cry”. Everyone on the bus who heard me laughed. You should have seen how her face looked like she had sucked on a lemon! 😊
Haha, I’ll have to remember that one for the future! It’s always boggled me how people get so upset when babies cry. That’s just what babies do!
Your day at Epcot sounded wonderful as I love trying all the foods at the F&W Festival!
Me too! I can’t wait to test out the reimagined festival in September!

Piglet_the_brave

September 9th- Epcot Day - Continued

Alright, let’s get back into this trip report! When I last left off, we had finished up our journey around the World Showcase, and we were headed to Future World to kill some time before IllumiNations. Our first stop was the Seas pavilion. We love hanging out in here in the evening when most people are over in World Showcase. You can take your time admiring the animals up close without feeling like you’re blocking someone’s view.
View attachment 482634
View attachment 482635
View attachment 482636

I don’t *think* we rode The Seas with Nemo, as it’s not one of our favorites. I’d rather just go look at all of the animals. After this, I believe we rode Soarin’ as it had a very low wait time, but I have no photo evidence to prove it.

Then, we wanted a few more festival food items for dinner, so we headed over to the Future Eats area to hit up Flavors from Fire and Active Eats. At Active Eats, we got the Loaded Macaroni and Cheese with Nueske’s Pepper Bacon, Cheddar, and Leeks ($5.25). We get this one at Food and Wine every year, and it never disappoints! Creamy and cheesy with just the right amount of spice. It doesn’t look like Active Eats will be returning this year for the reimagined Food and Wine, BUT I saw that there will be an entire booth dedicated to Mac and Cheese, so I think we’ll survive! 😂
View attachment 482638

Next up was Flavors from Fire. Here, we got the Steakhouse Blended Burger: Blended Beef and Mushroom Slider with Brie Cheese Fondue, Arugula, and a Truffle and Blue Cheese Potato Chip on a Brioche Bun ($5.25), as well as the Smoked Corned Beef with Crispy Potatoes, Cheese Curds, Pickled Onions, and Beer-Cheese Fondue ($5.25). We loved both of these items! The slider is incredible, but pretty tiny for the price - we both agreed that we could have eaten 2-3 of these apiece. The corned beef was also fantastic, and a better portion for the price. This is one of our favorite booths every year, so we’re a little bummed that it won’t be returning this year, but we totally get the need for a scaled-down festival.
View attachment 482639

After that, it was getting close to 8:00, so we decided to scope out a spot for IllumiNations. We walked around a bit to try to find the perfect spot, and eventually settled in for the long wait on the bridge between U.K. and France. I didn’t take any photos or video of the show, as this would be our last time seeing it. I have always loved IllumiNations, and I always get choked up during “We Go On.” Unfortunately, we had a couple sitting directly behind us that decided to talk through the entire show, so it was not as special as I had hoped it would be. I have not seen “Epcot Forever,” and haven’t heard great things, so I’m hoping that they bring out HarmoniUs as soon as they decide to bring back fireworks.

After IllumiNations, we waited for a bit to let the massive crowds get through before eventually getting up to walk toward the park exit. We decided to head into Mouse Gears on our way out, as we often do. After our shopping, we headed out to the buses. At Epcot, Ft. Wilderness shares a bus with Wilderness Lodge, and our bus was PACKED. Jason and I ended up standing toward the back of the bus, which meant that we had to get off to let the Wilderness Lodge folks out in order to avoid getting trampled. There was a young baby on the bus that cried the entire way back to Ft. Wilderness- I felt so sorry for the mother who was doing her best to soothe him/her. Thankfully, I didn’t hear anyone yell at them for having a crying baby. Babies cry, folks - you can’t just “shut them up.” When we finally arrived back at the Fort, we hopped in our golf cart and headed to the cabin, where we promptly hit the hay to get plenty of rest before our loooong day the next day.

Up next: Magic Kingdom and MNSSHP!

I loved Illuminations too, the last time I heard “We Go On”, I was sobbing leaving the park. How annoying that your last time watching it was spoiled, I don’t understand why people would stay to watch if they’re not going to appreciate the show. We once decided to watch at the last minute so knew we wouldn’t have the best view, but were not prepared for a person in front to be holding an iPad above their head and FaceTiming the show to someone, all I could see was some guy sitting on his sofa.

I was very underwhelmed by Epcot Forever. You haven’t missed much there.

DouglasE

I can totally relate to the lack of sleeping the night before a trip. You both look like a very cute couple. I loved your picture at the Marketplace at Batuu. I'm with you, I far prefer Soarin' over Test Track, although it's a fun ride. I just don't get the appeal of Test Track. Hasn't anyone gone over the speed limit in their car before? You and I made totally different choices for Food and Wine Festival for 2019. As you mentioned, you could spend two weeks there to taste it all. If you want to see how I felt about the festival you can read my trip report. I can't believe how much you remember based on pictures that you took. You are a wonderful storyteller. Looking forward to reading more.

k8einwdw

Original Poster
I loved Illuminations too, the last time I heard “We Go On”, I was sobbing leaving the park. How annoying that your last time watching it was spoiled, I don’t understand why people would stay to watch if they’re not going to appreciate the show. We once decided to watch at the last minute so knew we wouldn’t have the best view, but were not prepared for a person in front to be holding an iPad above their head and FaceTiming the show to someone, all I could see was some guy sitting on his sofa.

I was very underwhelmed by Epcot Forever. You haven’t missed much there.

Ugh...overhead iPad people are THE WORST!

I can totally relate to the lack of sleeping the night before a trip. You both look like a very cute couple. I loved your picture at the Marketplace at Batuu. I'm with you, I far prefer Soarin' over Test Track, although it's a fun ride. I just don't get the appeal of Test Track. Hasn't anyone gone over the speed limit in their car before? You and I made totally different choices for Food and Wine Festival for 2019. As you mentioned, you could spend two weeks there to taste it all. If you want to see how I felt about the festival you can read my trip report. I can't believe how much you remember based on pictures that you took. You are a wonderful storyteller. Looking forward to reading more.
Thank you! Test Track is fine, but Radiator Springs Racers in DCA is so much better. Essentially the same ride, but with better theming! I’ll be sure to check out your report!

k8einwdw

Original Poster
September 10th - Magic Kingdom Day

On the last full day of our trip, we woke up extra extra early to hit up Extra Extra Magic Hours - Magic Kingdom was opening at 7 AM...woof. Around 6:00, we hopped in our golf cart and headed alllll the way to the other end of Ft. Wilderness to the ferry boat launch. We ended up having to wait about 20 minutes for the first boat of the day to arrive. While we were waiting, we had the most shocking/disappointing cast member encounter ever...

While we were waiting for our boat to arrive, there was another boat that was being used for training a new captain. They were using the opposite side of the Ft. Wilderness dock (where you would catch a boat to Wilderness Lodge) to practice pulling up to and parking at the dock. The trainee was pretty obviously very new, and was having a hard time with it. They made several bad attempts, when the trainer loudly blurted out, “You just keep f*ing it up, don’t you?” At that point, there were several parties, including families with young children, standing on the dock. When we all heard what he said (because it was very loud), we all just looked at each other like...

Say what you want on your own time, but when you’re a Disney Cast Member, at work, very clearly within earshot of guests, you need to watch your language. I did let Guest Services know what happened, but unfortunately never received any follow-up communication. 😕

Aaaaaanyway, once our boat finally came (not the same one, thankfully), we were on our way to the Magic Kingdom. We arrived in plenty of time for rope drop, so we took the opportunity to grab some pics on a fairly deserted Main Street USA.

I love these pumpkin people!
32E22D33-C512-4B88-9E4B-9F474FE57D3C.jpeg

2AA5D945-D84E-4D90-A63D-C931708E43AA.jpeg

We never pass up a super short PhotoPass line...

9AAA16FD-2C2B-460E-BB00-B70BF013EF1C.jpeg

You know it’s way too early when the Main Street Lights are still on...
E6038857-1ED8-41FF-94A0-A8BC9E7B600F.jpeg

I know we aren’t having any Halloween parties this year, but I hope that they still put up the Mickey pumpkin wreaths!
16908EA7-4A73-4203-8518-73BBE54369B1.jpeg

And a quick selfie before rope-drop...
4959822F-6375-45AB-B1C8-3D997D25671D.jpeg

We typically make a beeline for Frontierland at rope drop, but since it was Extra (Extra) Magic Hours, only Fantasyland and Tomorrowland were open. We decided to do as much of Fantasyland as possible, and we were able to hit Peter Pan’s Flight, It’s a Small World, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Winnie the Pooh, and The Little Mermaid with little to no wait before the official 9:00 opening.

Once 9:00 rolled around, we made our way to Frontierland, where we first hit up my favorite, Big Thunder twice - once as a walk-on, and once with a FastPass. If I remember correctly, Splash Mountain was down, so we skipped that one, and headed into Adventureland, where we rode Jungle Cruise, and then Pirates, both of which had very low wait times. Then, we had a FastPass for Haunted Mansion, so we headed that way. I was wearing my Haunted Mansion shirt and ears, so of course, I had to get a photo.
D499A141-8364-496E-AC6E-D0621BD50720.jpeg

After Haunted Mansion, we had accomplished everything we wanted to do in Fantasyland, Frontierland, Adventureland, and Liberty Square, all before 11:00! As much as we hated getting up early for them, the Extra Extra Magic Hours really did pay off. We had a FastPass for Seven Dwarfs, but we decided to cancel it, since we had ridden earlier that morning. We decided to do some shopping on Main Street USA before heading out of the park. There, I got the Halloween spirit jersey that I had become obsessed with. It’s packed away with my cold-weather clothes, so I’ll have to drop The Disney Fashionista’s photo of it here:
FDB5CDFF-E9AE-492A-9292-D5BE019BA0BB.jpeg

SO cute!!! I considered getting the matching Mickey jack-o-lantern baseball cap, but I didn’t think I could see myself wearing it outside of the parks, so I decided to skip it. After our shopping, we made a little detour for lunch before heading back to the cabin...
54635E18-C706-4301-B115-C807BCE80F38.jpeg

Hello, Beautiful! We considered hitting up Geyser Point since we had never eaten there, but we both wanted chicken nuggs, so we headed inside to Roaring Fork instead. Lunch was, of course, delicious. I don’t know what they put in those nuggets, but we find ourselves getting them at least once nearly every trip! After lunch, we looked around in the lobby gift shop - one of our favorite resort shops on property! There, Jason spotted the elusive Double Decker bus Walker’s Shortbread tin that I had been looking for all day in Epcot the day prior! I had become obsessed with this tin when I saw Disney Food Blog post a photo of it (below) over the summer, and I just had to have it! It doesn’t hurt that there was delicious shortbread inside!
8EEE6C9C-46A3-4A26-BAA5-752F4C108F57.jpeg

Who remembers the character bus that used to be in Epcot back in the day? 🙋🏻‍♀️

After our lunch and shopping, we grabbed a boat back to Ft. Wilderness, where we quickly hopped in our golf cart and headed back to the cabin. I was pretty worn out from several long days in a row, so I decided to take a nap, while Jason had other plans...to be revealed later!

Up next: a surprise from J, and MNSSHP!

DouglasE

I totally remember the character bus in Epcot! By the reports of WDW, we have come full circle and that's the kind of character interaction you will see.

Disney Food Blog is such a great resource. Score for getting the shortbread tin!

k8einwdw

Original Poster
I love 💕 your Haunted Mansion t-shirt!
Thank you!!!
I totally remember the character bus in Epcot! By the reports of WDW, we have come full circle and that's the kind of character interaction you will see.
I’m pretty excited for the new ways Disney is implementing character interaction! Of course, there’s no real substitute for hugging Mickey, but I’m glad they’ve figured out a way to keep the characters out and about safely.

k8einwdw

Original Poster
September 10th - Magic Kingdom Day - Continued

When I last left off, we had wrapped up our morning in Magic Kingdom, and returned to the cabin for a break. I took the opportunity to settle in for a nice long nap. Jason wasn’t feeling up to a nap, so he asked if I’d mind if he popped over to Disney Springs for a bit. I didn’t mind, so off he went.

I had set an alarm to get up at 3:00 to give myself time to shower and get ready for MNSSHP. Jason arrived shortly after I got up, and he came bearing a gift for me! I looooove going into Basin whenever we’re in Disney Springs, and I had admired this hand scrub the last time we were there. I didn’t buy it at the time, and I was kicking myself about it after the fact, so I was very pleasantly surprised when Jason pulled this out of his bag! Sharing a picture from Basin’s website, since the one currently sitting in our bathroom has been destroyed over the last 10 months. It smells just like Froot Loops!
0C28E9BC-3766-4C02-9111-FDE4B9299552.jpeg

Of course, Jason also bought himself something on his Disney Springs trek - a new pair of shoes! That man has more shoes than I do! 😂 We both got ready for the Halloween party, and were heading out the door around 5:00. We are those party poopers who don’t wear costumes to MNSSHP. We did for our very first party in 2015, where we dressed up at Mary Poppins and Bert.
8A33A5DD-56B0-40C8-BC44-8BF67E256902.jpeg

We were absolutely melting by the end of the night, so we swore we’d never wear costumes again. Then in 2018 on a big family trip, I was conned into dressing up as a Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeer for a group costume. Of course I can’t find a picture of that costume. This trip, we said absolutely no costumes, so we both opted for Halloween t-shirts and shorts, and I donned my Halloween treats ears.

We arrived at Magic Kingdom before 6:00, where we quickly grabbed our party wristbands and our first bit of candy. Since we had skipped over Tomorrowland that morning, we decided to head there first. We took a spin on the Peoplemover first, which is always a wonderful way to pass some time. Afterward, I believe we hit up Buzz Lightyear, where I’m sure J kicked my butt. Right at 7:00, we hopped in line for Space Mountain. We love the Halloween party overlay on that ride, so we wanted to make sure we got it in while the night was still young!

076C9E75-934D-43DC-A55A-1BAE28DA0ABD.jpeg

After our trek through total darkness, we were hungry for dinner, and there was only one thing on our mind - Hades Nachos! So, we started making our way toward Frontierland, making a few trick-or-treat stops along the way. At Pecos Bill’s, we settled in with our Hades Nachos and dirt pudding. Why does it always feel so dark in this restaurant?
EE1D426B-A25D-4664-9A70-1E90996100B6.jpeg

After dinner, we had a little time to kill before we needed to find a spot for the fireworks, so we did some trick-or-treating. PhilharMagic was being used as a treat spot, and they were showing “Ichabod Crane.” We watch this every year at Halloween, so we didn’t feel the need to stop and watch, but the little guy in front of us kept getting distracted by the movie while we were in line for our treats! 😂 Around 9:45, we grabbed our spots for the fireworks, and settled in with anticipation for the new show.

Up next: Do we like the new fireworks show?

lindawdw

I love the WL and we enjoy eating lunch at Roaring Forks whenever we visit that resort! The gift shop there is one of my favorite shops of the resorts! That character shortbread tin is so adorable!!! I'm Scottish so I just might have to see if I can find one on my next trip. :) I don't blame you for not wearing a costume to the party when it's that hot outside! Glad you got a nap in before your big night!

k8einwdw

Original Poster
I love the WL and we enjoy eating lunch at Roaring Forks whenever we visit that resort! The gift shop there is one of my favorite shops of the resorts! That character shortbread tin is so adorable!!! I'm Scottish so I just might have to see if I can find one on my next trip. :) I don't blame you for not wearing a costume to the party when it's that hot outside! Glad you got a nap in before your big night!
I know Jason and I saw a ton of the shortbread tins when we were at Disney Springs last month - I want to say at World of Disney? We had a good laugh about how hard it was for us to just find one in September, and now they had entire shelves of them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom