Trip Report COMPLETED: BEST (DISNEY) MONTH EVER !! - Dec 2016 - 2 Continents, 2 Resorts, 6 Parks !!

Hello to all the Disney Fans

As the title stipulates the month of December was a great Disney month for me and my family

Quick introduction - I am Max and I have been going to Disney since 1979. This trip report will detail trips 24 and 25 for me. (edit 1/17)
IMG_3968.JPG

What: The first leg is a solo trip to Tokyo Disneyland and the second is a family trip to Walt Disney World.
Who: My DW (T) and 2 DD ( S 21 and C 19) and me (Max)
(I am using initials to type less and protect the innocent.
The star over my head in the shot below is awesome!!!
STUDIO_SUNSET3_20161226_7904309987.jpeg

When: Dec 10 and 11 at TDR and Dec 23-30 at WDW
Why: Business trip from Dec 2-16 in Japan & family vacation in Florida.

This is my first full length trip report that I have attempted. In the past I have asked a few questions on the boards, and then posted a few details but never really went all in. The family has agreed to this one so here goes. I will try to use Doc Disney, Nicole and Longers amazing reports as motivation.

Just a few disclaimers (and I understand if I might lose most of my viewers but I have to be up front and honest)

#1 - I am Canadian (hence the honest and upfront approach - lol). So my viewpoints and opinions come from a different perspective at times. I will try to avoid political comments but sometimes the jokes are hard to pass on. (And I know the hat gives it away - I support the Blue Jays and that is the hat the team wears on Canada Day - Our birthday - 150 Years old in 2017!!)

#2 - I do not take a lot of food pictures - I am on a seefood diet - I see food and I eat it. I do not take the time to take a picture of it - I will have a few though.(The sound you hear is of all the "foodies" running for the exit)

#3 I do not own or use an expensive camera - all pictures will be either photo pass or iPhone. (the sound you now hear is of all the photographers leaving the building)

#4 Having been to TDR before (and being on a solo trip) and having been to WDW a few times I did not take a ton of pictures. Hopefully enough to tell the story. And my night time shots are limited (see point 3)

#5 I did not take a great notes (I know - Rookie mistake) but I will rely on my family to fill in the blanks for me.

Next Up : Background on the two trips and how them came to be

Last edited:

amjt660

Original Poster
Really enjoyed this trip report! Thanks so much for sharing your adventures!
It was a month to remember and I am glad I could share it with people like you that appreciate it
I try to explain it to the folks at work (I work at an auto plant) and they usually do not get it.

Thanks for reading
Max

amjt660

Original Poster
This was a great TR--very fun reading and I enjoyed all your photos.

And I agree 100% with you about the castle--it's Cindy's castle and always will be. :inlove: :happy:
Thanks for reading it and for commenting
It was a lot of work but I am missing telling the story
Oh well , guess I will just have to comment on everyone elses!!

The castles belong to Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and I guess technically the Beast.
Elsa might get a ice castle some day soon (I can't remember if it is TDR, HK or Shanghai) but she does not own one yet!!

Max

gdisneyfans

Sorry for the like fest but I had to read your TR! I've been reading some of your commentary on some of the other TR's and you add some great humor to your posts so just had to check out your report and it did not disappoint!! Thanks for sharing. You have a lovely family - it was so nice of your daughters to share in some of the TR fun! Hope this isn't the last Max Family Vacation:)

amjt660

Original Poster
Sorry for the like fest but I had to read your TR! I've been reading some of your commentary on some of the other TR's and you add some great humor to your posts so just had to check out your report and it did not disappoint!! Thanks for sharing. You have a lovely family - it was so nice of your daughters to share in some of the TR fun! Hope this isn't the last Max Family Vacation:)
Thank you for the kind words
I try to be funny but I recently get a lot of eye rolling at home with my obvious "Dad" humour.
To be totally honest posting on these forums allows me to tell all my jokes/stories to people who have never heard them before which is fun for me.
I was glad that C and S both jumped in but really expected more because I really did not do any good note taking.
They helped me with the order of the events in Florida because I did not have enough pics
For the Japan trip the pics on my phone basically laid out the whole storyline.

I really hope for another family Max trip too but alas with 2 daughters each with BF it is getting tougher
Although if I offered to pay for all 6 of us to go........

to be continued........

Max

LisaBelle

So happy I finally managed to get caught up on your TR! Well done! It was great to see the Tokyo parks. The Dreamlights parade looks spectacular. How exciting to have so much Disney time all in one month. Love the interactions of your family! I loved that both of your daughters joined in and added their thoughts about your trip. My kiddos are getting older now (21 and 16) and I am enjoying experiencing the parks with them in a new way. The magic is still there and I love that they love Disney (almost) as much as I do. Thanks for sharing your trips with us!

amjt660

Original Poster
So happy I finally managed to get caught up on your TR! Well done! It was great to see the Tokyo parks. The Dreamlights parade looks spectacular. How exciting to have so much Disney time all in one month. Love the interactions of your family! I loved that both of your daughters joined in and added their thoughts about your trip. My kiddos are getting older now (21 and 16) and I am enjoying experiencing the parks with them in a new way. The magic is still there and I love that they love Disney (almost) as much as I do. Thanks for sharing your trips with us!
I am glad you enjoyed the TR!

My DD's are awesome and they should post even more........
(just checking to see if they are still paying attention to dear old dad)

It was my first full TR (I had done the mini reports in the past) and I learnt a lot about the importance of note taking and how long it takes it get it all in here.

We progressed through from ages 6/5 up to 21/20 going almost every year sometimes more than once.

It is cool to look back and remember how:
I used to walk past the big thrill rides at first
Followed by convincing them to go on the big rides
Followed by all going on the big rides
And now going on once and letting them do multiple on certain big rides ( backwards on Everest and the corkscrew on RRC are having a not so good effect on me now)

Thanks again
Max

LisaBelle

I am glad you enjoyed the TR!

My DD's are awesome and they should post even more........
(just checking to see if they are still paying attention to dear old dad)

It was my first full TR (I had done the mini reports in the past) and I learnt a lot about the importance of note taking and how long it takes it get it all in here.

We progressed through from ages 6/5 up to 21/20 going almost every year sometimes more than once.

It is cool to look back and remember how:
I used to walk past the big thrill rides at first
Followed by convincing them to go on the big rides
Followed by all going on the big rides
And now going on once and letting them do multiple on certain big rides ( backwards on Everest and the corkscrew on RRC are having a not so good effect on me now)

Thanks again
Max
I have similar memories with my DS and DD. Our first visit she was 4 and afraid of most characters, but couldn't wait to get on BTMR and was mad that she couldn't ride Dinosaur :eek:. He was tall enough for Space Mountain and Dinosaur. The four of us would stay together all morning, head back to the hotel for a swim and a nap in the afternoon and return to the park in the evening. During the evening my DH and DS would ride the thrill rides and my DD and I would play at Minnie's house in Toon Town Fair and ride the carousel. Now we all go on most things together (except for Kali River Rapids, which my DH refuses to ride because he HATES to get wet!).

amjt660

Original Poster
I have similar memories with my DS and DD. Our first visit she was 4 and afraid of most characters, but couldn't wait to get on BTMR and was mad that she couldn't ride Dinosaur :eek:. He was tall enough for Space Mountain and Dinosaur. The four of us would stay together all morning, head back to the hotel for a swim and a nap in the afternoon and return to the park in the evening. During the evening my DH and DS would ride the thrill rides and my DD and I would play at Minnie's house in Toon Town Fair and ride the carousel. Now we all go on most things together (except for Kali River Rapids, which my DH refuses to ride because he HATES to get wet!).
Lucky for me my dw always did a photo album for each trip it is fun to go back and bring back the memories

Thanks again
Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom