Trip Report Completed-A February Drinking Around the World, Resort-Hopping Disneymoon!

Pre-Trip Report here! You can read the Who/What/When/etc. there so I will jump right in, with the disclaimer that the only cameras we had were from our smartphones. Also, the trip report is completely written so I'll be posting regularly until it's all up! Here we go!

Day 1: Travel and Resort Hopping

At about 5:30am, we got in the Uber to Newark Liberty International Airport. Our driver was quite professional and courteous and we had an uneventful ride. Once we arrived we checked our bag (yay for Southwest's no baggage fees!) and proceeded through the security line. It seemed like it took longer than usual but we still had plenty of time to get breakfast and coffee. We shared a large mocha and two different breakfast items at Boar's Head: an egg and cheddar sandwich and a spinach, egg, and feta wrap. Both were quite delicious and I couldn't decide which I liked better because they were both so good!

tumblr_njk2s2x0H21un92rjo1_1280.jpg

Airport breakfast

We boarded right on time and took off a little early. This flight was only about half full so we got a row to ourselves. I had a nice view of New York and Jersey City from my window seat (which didn't translate so well to a photo but you get the idea). On the plane we watched reality cooking and travel shows on my iPad with the free wifi and onboard entertainment. Soon we were exiting the plane at the New Orleans airport.

tumblr_nmez5gMotH1qih9ceo1_1280.jpg

New York and Jersey City

To keep costs down and save money for exciting things in WDW we packed a simple lunch of cheese, pretzels, and fruit. As we waited at the gate it became very evident that this was a flight to Orlando because of all the families decked in their Disney gear. We once again boarded on time and enjoyed a smooth flight.

We landed early at MCO and headed toward the shuttles. We made our way to the B side level 1, scanned my band for Disney's Magical Express, and boarded at gate B44! You should know something about me: I am a little (maybe a lot) superstitious and at times obsessive about numbers. I love multiples of 22 (I was born on the 22nd of the month in '88 AND DW and I celebrate our relationship anniversary on the 22nd of a different month) and also multiples of 3 and especially multiples of 9. At the theatre/opera/symphony if I have a choice of seat number I will always pick a multiple of 3 and/or 22. Plus my name starts with B, so I took this as an amazing sign.

Between landing early and the efficiency of DME we were actually leaving the airport before our scheduled landing time of 2:30. On the bus I got the text that we were in room 9440 and it was ready! Yes, building 9, room 440! Our driver was funny and the ride went by quickly. Pop Century was the first stop and DW and I were the only passengers to exit there. We went to the check-in desk out of habit and to be honest the CMs seemed a little confused as to why we were there since check-in is done online and most people get the room text and can go straight there with their Magic Bands. I did need to make sure the right credit card was linked to the room and ask a question about tickets and they were very helpful. I'm sure they are still working out the kinks of the system but I imagine lots of guests are confused as to why they don't need to check in or even have any human contact of any kind. Oh, and I should mention that a new CM was "earning her ears" on her very first day of training. She seemed very nervous but never stopped smiling and of course the established CM was there to help.

tumblr_njl2alO1oH1un92rjo1_1280.jpg

Nothing like the first view of the WDW sign!

Last edited:

bee

Original Poster
Day 1, cont.

Finally, it was time to see our room! DW and I were both born in the 80s so it was fun to stay in the 80s area. The Little Mermaid was prominent on our themed poster which was fun.

tumblr_njmimoMmVy1un92rjo1_400.jpg

Beds

tumblr_njmimoMmVy1un92rjo2_400.jpg

The Little Mermaid!

tumblr_njmimoMmVy1un92rjo3_540.jpg

View from our room

After unpacking our carryons it was time to go buy a refillable resort mug! I mentioned in the PTR that we have never done this before so it was seriously exciting to fill it up for the first time. Now is a good time to mention that we set the goal of visiting every resort (or as many as possible) and filling up the mug at least once at each. Our first drink at Pop: good old regular classic sugar-filled Coke. We also had some tea and iced coffee before beginning our resort hopping. Side note: someone on here posted about how her husband fills his mug completely with ice and then adds coffee to "make" iced coffee. Whoever you are, I would like to thank you because I would have never had this idea and it worked perfectly!

tumblr_nm5lf8bjiw1un92rjo1_400.jpg
tumblr_nm5lf8bjiw1un92rjo2_400.jpg

Resort mug!

Outside Classic Hall we boarded a bus to Epcot because it was already there. We exited the bus and looked for the stop for Wilderness Lodge only to realize that our same bus was heading to WL! So we got in line and got right back on the same bus. DW stayed at WL as a child and I had never been there so we explored the beautiful lobby and grounds. I don't think I would necessarily want to stay there but it was fun to see the resort! We had another refill of Coke at Roaring Fork and walked back to the bus stop. This time we took a MK bus (which was also conveniently waiting at the stop) and then walked to the Contemporary Resort. We eat at The Wave almost every trip plus we like to visit the shops and ride the monorail from CR so we are reasonably familiar with the resort despite having not yet stayed there. We realized we were pretty hungry so we stopped at Contempo Cafe and ordered a Contempo Vegetable Salad and a side of fries to share. The salad had four different sources of protein (quinoa, chickpea, cheese, and tofu) and was fresh and flavorful. Fellow vegetarians, I highly recommend this quick service if you happen to be at the CR or nearby. There are plenty of choices, plus on the touch screen ordering menu you can click a button to view only the vegetarian things. I always appreciate distraction-free ordering! Oh, and if you haven't noticed, DW and I really like to share!

tumblr_nm5lgtLOm51un92rjo1_400.jpg

Salad and fries

Resorts visited: POP WL CR

Resorts remaining: Poly GF AKL OKW YC BC BW SSR CSR POFQ POR CBR AoA ASMu ASSp ASMo

Last edited:

bee

Original Poster
Day 1, cont.

After eating we headed to the monorail. It was out of service so we took a bus to the Polynesian. The last time we were there the lobby was A MESS so it was nice to see the progress in the construction. I have to say, the new center feature is pretty but it feels almost comically small compared the old one.

tumblr_nm5lj4LnDi1un92rjo3_540.jpg

Poly lobby

The new Captain Cook's was looking good, especially considering the last time we saw it it was temporarily set up in the CM cafeteria. We got some lemonade and headed outside to Pineapple Lanai for our first-ever Dole Whip! The CM was super friendly (and bored it seemed) and gave me an absurdly huge serving of pineapple/vanilla twist. About halfway into eating our Dole Whip the CM noticed we were sharing and gave us ANOTHER DOLE WHIP about the same size as what was left of the first one for free so we didn't have to share! By the time we finished the monorail was functional again so we rode to the GF.

tumblr_nm5lj4LnDi1un92rjo1_400.jpg

Dole Whip the First

tumblr_nm5lj4LnDi1un92rjo2_400.jpg

Dole Whip the First (what was left of it anyway) and Dole Whip the Second!

We have a tradition of visiting both Basin stores (GF and DTD) on every trip and trying at least one sugar/salt scrub and one lotion or body butter at each. I didn't get pictures of this since our hands were wet but I think I tried a lemon scrub and lemon body butter. At Gasparilla's we got some Sprite then took the monorail to MK. We took a bus "home" to Pop and realized we were hungry again so we shared the Baked Vegetable Pasta at Everything Pop.

tumblr_nm5llb6IAC1un92rjo1_400.jpg

Vegetable pasta

We headed to the room, eagerly awaiting our magically delivered luggage...and I realized I had mindlessly put up the "Do Not Disturb" sign before we went resort hopping and thus there was no luggage. I called luggage services and they said someone would be out to deliver our luggage as they made the rounds. While we waited we watched TV (we don't have TV at home so it was a treat to just watch whatever was on). I also arranged our accessories for the next day as Mickeys: Magic Bands, tiaras, and "I'm Celebrating" buttons. The luggage came and we showered and crashed after a long day.

tumblr_nm5llb6IAC1un92rjo2_400.jpg

The luggage finally arrives!

tumblr_nm5llb6IAC1un92rjo3_540.jpg

Buttons, Bands, and Tiaras

Resorts visited: POP WL CR Poly GF

Resorts remaining: AKL OKW YC BC BW SSR CSR POFQ POR CBR AoA ASMu ASSp ASMo

Last edited:

bee

Original Poster
Day 2: Epcot DATW

We awoke bright and early on Wednesday morning with the goal of getting to Epcot for park opening. I don't think we waited longer than five minutes for a bus. We were in line to enter by 8:55 or so and in the park about three minutes after nine. We headed right to France for breakfast at Les Halles. Along the way I had to take some pictures (again, cell phone quality!) of the empty WS.

tumblr_nm5lntxtlt1un92rjo3_540.jpg

Entering the park

tumblr_nmeyw5uW4P1un92rjo5_250.jpg

Flowers! Taken by DW

tumblr_nm5lntxtlt1un92rjo4_250.jpg

Rose & Crown in the morning

tumblr_nm5lntxtlt1un92rjo5_250.jpg

UK

tumblr_nm5lntxtlt1un92rjo6_250.jpg

France

tumblr_nm5lntxtlt1un92rjo7_400.jpg

Chefs de France

tumblr_nmeyw5uW4P1un92rjo1_540.jpg

France, taken by DW

Today was our Drink Around The World day and we decided to share one drink or flight at each country in order to avoid getting toooootally smashed. Our first drink of the day: A mimosa at Les Halles to go with our Quiches Florentines (which we did NOT share this time). This was our first breakfast in France and it will DEFINITELY happen again. The quiches were seriously delicious and the texture of the crust was just perfect. The mimosa had a good ratio of wine to juice and overall it was a great way to start the day.

tumblr_nm5lntxtlt1un92rjo8_400.jpg

Quiches and mimosa

After breakfast we went back to Future World for our first FP+: Mission: Space. We decided on the green level since we had just eaten. After Mission: Space it was time for our Soarin' FastPass. We had a bit of time after Soarin' so we rode what is now my favorite ride (RIP Maelstrom): Living with the Land, or as we like to call it, "The Vegetable Boat Ride." Then we headed to Spaceship Earth. For some reason my Magic Band wouldn't scan even though it had worked for the room, park admission, and previous rides. The CM let me through and all was fine. The ride was fun but our photos did not end up in the interactive future stuff on the car screens.

Drunk Around the World: France

Not Yet Drunk Around the World: Mexico Norway China Germany Italy America Japan Morocco UK Canada

bee

Original Poster
Day 2, cont.

It was soon time for our lunch reservation at Spice Road Table. This was our first time dining at SRT and I think this place is seriously underrated. There are so many choices in food and drink and the views of the World Showcase Lagoon are beautiful, but the décor inside is what really appealed to me.

tumblr_nm5lr7vJFV1un92rjo3_540.jpg

Spice Road Table

tumblr_nm5lr7vJFV1un92rjo7_400.jpg

Pretty table!

tumblr_nm5lr7vJFV1un92rjo4_250.jpg

Right on the water

We shared the Mediterranean Vegetable Platter and the Spice Road Aperitif Flight. EVERYTHING on the platter was delicious. EVERYTHING. If I had to pick a favorite it would be the hummus fries but I would get any and all of the items again. Of the three aperitifs on the flight, DW's favorite was the Alvear Cream Sherry while I preferred the Lillet. Next time (and there will absolutely be a next time) I think I will try a glass of wine or two. I would also love to eat here during Illuminations.

tumblr_nm5lr7vJFV1un92rjo10_540.jpg

Mediterranean Vegetable Platter. Clockwise from bottom: Baba ganoush, pita, stuffed grape leaves, hummus fries. Center: Couscous salad

tumblr_nm5lr7vJFV1un92rjo9_540.jpg

Aperitif flight

Next it was time to continue DATW. We got a frozen Kirin from Japan, which was just a normal beer with frozen beer on top. We enjoyed it but wouldn't necessarily get it again. As we drank we walked around the shops in Japan and on the way out of the pavilion we caught a bit of the drum show.

tumblr_nm5lsaJqW91un92rjo1_400.jpg

Frozen Kirin. Thanks to DW the hand model!

Our next stop was The American Adventure. Here we shared a Shakin' Jamaican coffee cocktail. It was stronger than I remembered it from the last time we got one. We also got to see the Voices of Liberty for the first time in at least five years. When DW and I were in high school and college we sang in the mass choir at the Candlelight Processional behind the VoL but I only recall seeing them alone in their year-round short a cappella sets once before. As a professional singer and voice teacher myself I was interested to hear them again and I was not disappointed. They are so versatile with their styles and sounds! Also: before they sang the CM told those of us who were waiting to hear them where the VoL would be standing and it turned out that their backs would be to us. We didn't mind (we sang to their backs for years in Candlelight!) so we stayed where we were. One guest, however, decided she didn't want to sit behind them and PICKED UP HER ENTIRE BENCH AND MOVED IT TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROOM. When the CM noticed this he of course told her she couldn't sit there and instead of offering to move it back she let the poor CM (who looked to be at least 60) move it back. She moved to another bench with a better view.

tumblr_nm5lsaJqW91un92rjo2_400.jpg

Shakin' Jamaican!

Drunk Around the World: France Morocco Japan America

Not Yet Drunk Around the World: Mexico Norway China Germany Italy UK Canada

bee

Original Poster
Day 2, cont.

We did not care to stay for the attraction at The American Adventure so we continued to Italy and enjoyed a glass of red sangria. After a quick glance in the shops we proceeded to Germany where we shared the Nudel Gratin, Housemade Paprika Chips, and Schöfferhofer Pink Grapefruit Hefeweizen from Sommerfest. Everything from here was SO GOOD. DW and I agreed that the Grapefruit Hefeweizen (which is just a slightly sweetened half grapefruit juice, half beer cocktail) and the Shakin' Jamaican from America were our favorites. In fact when we got home we bought grapefruit juice and Hefeweizen and made our own version!

tumblr_nm5lsaJqW91un92rjo3_540.jpg

Italian red sangria

tumblr_nm5lsaJqW91un92rjo4_400.jpg

Nudel gratin and chips

tumblr_nm5lsaJqW91un92rjo5_400.jpg

Grapefruit Hefeweizen

China was next and we shared a plum wine. It was fine but overwhelmingly sweet. It kind of tasted like a spiked Capri Sun. There were only two drinks we tried that day that we would definitely not get again and that was one of them. The second came immediately after in Norway, where we tried the Aquavit Glacier Shot. This just tasted like alcoholic toothpaste. We then paid our respects to Maelstrom which was formerly our favorite ride.

tumblr_nm5lv86bAB1un92rjo1_400.jpg

It wouldn't be a visit to WDW without a plane writing messages about Jesus in the sky!

tumblr_nm5lv86bAB1un92rjo2_400.jpg

Plum wine

tumblr_nm5lv86bAB1un92rjo5_250.jpg

Glacier shot

tumblr_nm5lv86bAB1un92rjo3_540.jpg

tumblr_nm5lv86bAB1un92rjo4_250.jpg

RIP Maelstrom ):

Next came Mexico and of course a frozen margarita! Obviously we know these aren't the best margaritas on property or even at Epcot but there's something about that brightly colored cup that screams "VACATION!" We enjoyed it sitting outside the Mexico pavilion; did I mention that the weather was PERFECT on this whole trip?? It was sunny and warm but never hot or humid. The nights were "Florida cold" (50s-low 60s) and simply delightful. After the margarita we walked over to Canada for the next drink, which was the St. Ambroise Apricot Wheat. Out of the beers we tried (not counting beer cocktails) this was my favorite because it was fruity and fragrant but not sweet.

tumblr_nm5lv86bAB1un92rjo6_250.jpg

Margarita

tumblr_nm5lv86bAB1un92rjo7_540.jpg

Apricot beer

Drunk Around the World: France Morocco Japan America Italy Germany China Norway Mexico Canada

Not Yet Drunk Around the World: UK

Next up: Will we finish DATW???

bee

Original Poster
Great start! Thanks for sharing, off course following along and waiting for more :)
Thanks for following!!

Great start to the report. Keep the Dole Whips coming, family favorite. Following along.
Thanks for following! Spoiler alert, that was the only Dole Whip of the trip but we may have to make it a tradition!

Following along!
Thanks for following along!

Great trip report so far! loving the food pics, I really wanted to see what the Spice Road veggie platter was like i'm definitely going to try it now it looks yummy:hungry:
Thanks!
We got pictures of ALMOST all the food we ate on the trip. Everything on that plate was delicious!

bee

Original Poster
Day 2, cont.

Originally we had planned not to make a dinner ADR on this Epcot day and just do QS all day; however, while I was browsing the MDE app I noticed an early dinner spot open for Rose & Crown Pub and we decided to take it since we had never eaten there before. We each got our own drink here: DW had a Snake Bite (cider and harp) and I had a Shandy (bass ale and Sprite). Both were huge and delicious.

tumblr_nm5lxzZVRL1un92rjo1_400.jpg

L: Shandy, R: Snake Bite

We shared the United Kingdom Cheese Platter and the Potato Leek Soup to start, then the Vegetable Cottage Pie. We would definitely eat at R&C again especially since they change the menu every few months and we would be able to try new things. I'd also love to come back to see Illuminations.

tumblr_nm5lxzZVRL1un92rjo2_400.jpg

Potato Leek Soup and Cheese Plate

tumblr_nm5lxzZVRL1un92rjo3_540.jpg

Cheese!!!

tumblr_nm5lxzZVRL1un92rjo4_250.jpg

Sooooooup!

tumblr_nm5lxzZVRL1un92rjo6_250.jpg
tumblr_nm5lxzZVRL1un92rjo5_250.jpg

Cottage Pie

tumblr_nm5lxzZVRL1un92rjo7_540.jpg

This was the point into my Shandy when I started feeling silly...

After dinner we walked back to Future World and rode the Vegetable Boat Ride again. We were craving dessert so we went back to Germany and shared a caramel chocolate cookie. The previous day of travel started to catch up with us so we left around 8:00 and went to bed.

tumblr_nm5lyudZOj1un92rjo1_400.jpg

Spaceship Earth at night

tumblr_nm5lyudZOj1un92rjo2_400.jpg

Chocolate cookie with caramel

PS Always tip Mousekeeping! They will give you extra stuff!
tumblr_nm5lzsEbvt1un92rjo1_400.jpg
tumblr_nm5lzsEbvt1un92rjo2_400.jpg
tumblr_nm5lzsEbvt1un92rjo3_540.jpg

Toiletries

Drunk Around the World: France Morocco Japan America Italy Germany China Norway Mexico Canada UK

Not Yet Drunk Around the World: Nowhere! We did it!

Resorts visited: POP WL CR Poly GF

Resorts remaining: AKL OKW YC BC BW SSR CSR POFQ POR CBR AoA ASMu ASSp ASMo

mrdrift

Keep the food pictures coming. I am getting so hungry looking at the pictures, snack time!! Following along.

bee

Original Poster
Day 3: Resort Hopping, Downtown Disney

We slept in a bit this morning since our first planned activity was a 10:50 breakfast at Boma. We took a bus to AK then almost immediately caught a bus to AKL. We arrived a bit before our reservation so we had a mugfull of coffee and some soda. Side note: DW's favorite sodas are Dr. Pepper (or Mr. Pibb if necessary) and Cherry Coke. She's decided we must stay at AKL because they were the only resort to have both available.

tumblr_nm5m0zKIsT1un92rjo1_400.jpg
tumblr_nm5m0zKIsT1un92rjo2_400.jpg

Somebody lost their Little Mermaid balloon ):

We checked in for Boma fifteen minutes before our reservation and were seated almost immediately. Our server offered us coffee and Jungle Juice and we had both. He explained the layout of the buffet and pointed out the omelet station, which is where we both went first. On my first plate I had an omelet with various vegetables and cheese, scrambled eggs with chives and goat cheese, roasted potatoes, grilled tomatoes, asparagus, a grits-like food that I can't remember the name of, and a stewed tomato dish whose name I also cannot remember. I was determined to try everything! All I can say is wow. Everything was so good and so fresh and so flavorful. The goat cheese eggs and the grilled tomatoes were standouts but like I said EVERYTHING was good.

tumblr_nm5m0zKIsT1un92rjo3_540.jpg

Clockwise from bottom left: potatoes, scrambled eggs with goat cheese and chives under grilled tomatoes and asparagus, grits, stewed tomatoes.
Center: omelet

My second plate was a little lighter; I tried the fresh fruits as well as some salads. There was a spinach and quinoa salad that was seriously delicious. I only wish I had an extra stomach so I could have had seconds of my favorite foods from the buffet! DW and I agreed that we MUST come back here. Our server kept our coffee mugs full and was super friendly and attentive. At one point I noticed a small leak in my mug and I didn't even have to ask for him to bring me a new one.

tumblr_nm5m0zKIsT1un92rjo4_250.jpg

Fruit and salads, and a chocolate chip muffin in the back topped with hazelnut/chocolate spread

After our giant Boma brunch we spent time exploring the lobby and grounds of AKL. It was a sunny but cool day so we had great animal views outside. I would absolutely LOVE to stay here one day. I know it is isolated from the rest of WDW compared to the other deluxe resorts but it's just so beautiful everywhere. Maybe we can rent some DVC points!

tumblr_nm5m1qQwve1un92rjo1_400.jpg
tumblr_nm5m1qQwve1un92rjo3_540.jpg

AKL

Resorts visited: POP WL CR Poly GF AKL

Resorts remaining: OKW YC BC BW SSR CSR POFQ POR CBR AoA ASMu ASSp ASMo

bee

Original Poster
Day 3, cont.

We next took a bus to DTD. As I mentioned before we ALWAYS go to Basin, and this time I managed to get a picture of the scrub I tried. We browsed the facial soaps because the Florida humidity was shocking to both of our faces after living in a normal place and we were both getting pimples. We decided to buy a charcoal soap and it definitely helped reduce the breakouts.

tumblr_nm5m3e9hv71un92rjo1_400.jpg

Lavender scrub

tumblr_nm5m6f0xbR1un92rjo2_400.jpg

Charcoal soap

Soon it was almost time for our reservation at House of Blues, which we scheduled to coincide with happy hour. I started with a margarita and DW started with a rum and Coke. At $4.25 each this was a great deal for WDW. My margarita was obviously higher quality than the Epcot one from the day before. We also ordered the Cornbread with Maple Butter, which we could not finish and had to take back to our resort. I had a second margarita (which was definitely stronger than the first!) and DW had a gin and tonic.

tumblr_nm5m3e9hv71un92rjo2_400.jpg

Margarita and rum and coke

tumblr_nm5m3e9hv71un92rjo3_540.jpg
tumblr_nm5m3e9hv71un92rjo4_250.jpg

Cornbread

Next we continued our resort hopping with a boat ride to OKW. We had some iced coffee at the quick service and walked around the lobby and shops. This is certainly a pretty resort but not really my style so I don't think I would care to stay here. We took the boat back to DTD and headed to Ghirardelli for an iced mocha. The check number was 440! I was excited!

tumblr_nm5m3e9hv71un92rjo5_250.jpg

DTD from the OKW boat

tumblr_nm5m3e9hv71un92rjo6_1280.jpg

SSR from the OKW boat

tumblr_nm5m3e9hv71un92rjo8_400.jpg

Iced mocha

tumblr_nm5m3e9hv71un92rjo7_400.jpg

440!

After Ghirardelli we took a bus to Coronado Springs. I stayed here briefly about seven years ago for a conference but didn't really remember much of it. What a gorgeous resort, especially at night! CSR is absolutely on our wishlist for a future trip. After a Cherry Coke and some exploring we took a bus to a park (DHS I think?) and headed home to Pop. We made a quick stop in our room then walked across the Generation Gap Bridge (which btw should really be renamed since the second half of Pop became AoA instead...) to explore AoA. AoA was so fun to see! The theming is so thorough; I wish this had been open when I was a kid because I imagine it would be so much fun to stay here. We had dinner in the food court: the vegetable plate from the (sort of) Indian station. It was good but it just made me crave actual Indian food. I don't think I'd ever stay at AoA because I don't have young children in my life and for the price I'd rather stay at a moderate but it was certainly fun to see!

tumblr_nm5m6f0xbR1un92rjo1_400.jpg

Vegetable platter

Resorts visited: POP WL CR Poly GF AKL OKW CSR AoA

Resorts remaining: YC BC BW SSR POFQ POR CBR ASMu ASSp ASMo

LisaBelle

I am enjoying your report. My sister and I are planning a trip to WDW next February and one of our goals is to eat and drink around the world. It was very helpful to see the drinks you chose in each country.

bee

Original Poster
I am enjoying your report. My sister and I are planning a trip to WDW next February and one of our goals is to eat and drink around the world. It was very helpful to see the drinks you chose in each country.
Thank you! There are soooo many choices in each country, so whether you are more into wine, beer, liquor, or cocktails you are sure to find something. Will you be there before or during Flower and Garden?

bee

Original Poster
Day 4: Epcot and Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party

It was the last full day of our trip and we had a full schedule ahead of us, starting with an 11:30 reservation at San Angel Inn and ending with EMH until 11:00! We slept in a bit and had a light breakfast in our room.

tumblr_nm5m90dLib1un92rjo1_400.jpg

Breakfast

tumblr_nm5m90dLib1un92rjo3_540.jpg

Preparations underway for Flower and Garden

We checked in fifteen minutes early for our San Angel reservation but, due to a computer glitch, were not seated until about 11:45. I was disappointed that the salsa here was the same salsa that's served in La Hacienda de San Angel and La Cantina de San Angel and not something more interesting. Also, we were so flustered about being seated late that we didn't thoroughly read the vegetarian menu and just assumed that the selections would be the same as what we had seen online. This was not the case! FYI vegetarians, the current selections are a raw vegetable salad and a flour tortilla topped with black beans and grilled vegetables. While these were both tasty I would not get them again when I can go to the Chevy's across from WDW property and have many more vegetarian choices (enchiladas, fajitas, tacos...) and fresher salsa.

tumblr_nm5m90dLib1un92rjo4_250.jpg

The pyramid inside San Angel Inn

tumblr_nmeyz8wgW11qih9ceo2_250.jpg

Table setting, taken by DW

tumblr_nm5m90dLib1un92rjo5_250.jpg

Vegetable salad

tumblr_nm5m90dLib1un92rjo6_250.jpg

Grilled vegetables over black beans and tortilla

The atmosphere of San Angel Inn is, of course, beautiful and I don't regret eating here. Another note: both selections appeared to be vegan as we did not see any cheese in either of them and I was given a packet of vegan dressing to go with my salad. Obviously if you're vegan you know to call ahead first but this restaurant may be a safe and easy bet.

Resorts visited: POP WL CR Poly GF AKL OKW CSR AoA

Resorts remaining: YC BC BW SSR POFQ POR CBR ASMu ASSp ASMo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom