Trip Report **COMPLETED** 364 Days and 8 Canceled Trips Later !

HI EVERYONE!!! I AM BACK AFTER A VERY LONG ABSENCE FROM THE BOARDS!!! WOOHOO! (sorry to all the trip reports I missed)

There were many days when I did not feel like this day would ever come. I am very good at compartmentalizing my life and hiding my emotions - it’s a bad coping mechanism I learned in residency. However, COVID got to me. Every single day was exhausting. For months and months and months. I think there were periods of time I worked more than I even worked in residency. I could not even feel that sad about not being on vacation because I was so burnt out. AND, I don’t even work in a hospital so I can’t even imagine what those healthcare workers were feeling. For weeks (really months) I did not sleep. I constantly worried about my patients who were sick and after treating/testing my own COVID patients I was terrified I would give it to my family.
A3F8A3DA-B09B-4354-A58E-674021929BE9.jpeg

01D08CF0-281C-4091-96F1-319E1B8DA870.jpeg

The few times I would go somewhere that felt fun I stressed for weeks after that it was a mistake. I obviously did not plan on going into medicine and having to deal with a pandemic. There was no outlet and we talked about it at work over and over again how none of us could leave or escape because of all the travel restrictions. Even when we were “off” there was no true mental break. I tried to make my YouTube videos and work on my Instagram, but I just wasn’t really into it. I was angry at people who got to go to Disney. I was jealous but I also felt like it was so irresponsible to travel during the big surges. I had way too many patients who got sick after travel so it just made me anxious to see it more than anything. My Mom would constantly tell me she was depressed that she could not be in Disney and I just did not feel the same way. I knew I would be anxious the whole time being there. But…then a ray of light hit in the form of a vaccine. I was so happy to receive my first dose right before Christmas. It was truly the best Christmas gift.
4BE62FEF-1D8C-4DF2-9952-C538DCD2AADC.jpeg

Then - my Mom was able to get hers too because she works in the dental field. A few weeks after my first shot (and a very depressing holiday season because I was quarantined after a work exposure) one of my co-workers who runs all our COVID stuff told me we could go to Florida since we were both vaccinated (and fully vaccinated before we leave). It was a shock, but we were both so excited! I still was not 100 percent ready to go without doing my research. The UK strain made me super anxious so I studied the numbers, the data, the vaccine efficacy against it etc and I felt like it was OK to go. I also asked all my co-workers and did as much due diligence as I could. Everyone told me go!!

WHO?: The usual....my Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan)
Photo from our last trip before COVID
616D5A02-0E9B-47E4-9A24-6D7994E124EA.jpeg

When?
February 19 - February 27, 2021 (took me a bit to get this TR started)

Where?
Yacht Club :) Nice AP deal!

February 19, 2021 - Day 1
Our flight was not until a little bit later in the morning, but one of the few things that kept me sane this last year was working out so I kept on my regular schedule and got up at 5 am to work out.
Airport ready!
tempImageG4cVK9.jpg

Then I had a work meeting at 7 am so I listened to that while waiting for my parents to pick me up!
My meeting went extra long so it lasted the whole drive to the airport, but at least I did not have time to get nervous along the way!
Guys...we were so out of practice for travel. I do not travel lightly and usually my Mom takes some of my stuff but this time she did not since we really did not decide we were officially going until right before the trip. So, both of my suitcases weighed 53 pounds :hilarious:. I was honesty going to pay the fee because I was so embarrassed, but my Mom was like absolutely not so we shuffled some things around. Then I thought TSA pre-check was closed so I took out all my electronics but I actually just missed the sign pointing us to the new location. Lastly, I forgot to take my backpack off when going through security. My Mom and I often said to each other this trip "what are you new?!" which we ended up abbreviating to "WAYN." :happy::joyfull:
Anyway....we eventually made it through security. A lot of stuff at the Buffalo Airport is still closed, but thankfully our usual go to bagel place was still open.
I made us drink emergen-c (and I packed us full of vitamins this whole trip).
tempImageC9cCJ1.jpg

Look how cute this bagel individualized packet is! I am a germaphobe by nature (before it was cool to be one) so this made me giddy :p
tempImagela85RY.jpg

tempImagesQZzlK.jpg

Side note...I took a lot of phone pictures this trip because I got lazy.
Apparently I forgot to take a photo of the actual bagel but a bagel is a bagel!
After our breakfast we headed to the gate. Our plane was already there!
tempImage5sMMoA.jpg

Squished face from the N95 under my surgical mask :)
tempImage6yzKCu.jpg

Next up: more travel

Doc Disney

Original Poster
They look sooooo yummy! I love limoncello!

Fabulous room and view! Also, you and your mom look lovely!

Why doesn't your mom like LWTL? I love it. It's so nice to get a little break and enjoy a relaxing boat ride!
Via Napoli is always one of our must-do's! We had to create our own pepperoni pizza last time, too! I love how the pepperoni's curl up! Splitting a pizza there last year was the first time DH said he didn't feel "overly full!"

They were so good! And thank you!
My Mom hates anything having to do with gardens/flowers - its just not her thing :hilarious:
Yes we usually do not feel super full either which is always nice. The pepperoni is the best part!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
February 23, 2021 Day 5
We woke up around 6:30 am, got ready and tried for a Boarding Group.
7E0E24E5-9525-4AFC-BEC8-1E901BDF9DAB.png

Success!
For breakfast we had a brownie and cupcake. I did not take any photos apparently!
After "breakfast" (aka desserts) we walked over to Hollywood Studios
tempImageiFpfdq.jpg

The parking lot was empty. It was so weird to see!!
tempImageFOiE4v.jpg

I wore all the Baby Yoda things...
tempImageaazvXw.jpg

We arrived at DHS around 8 am and we were let in at 8:15 am (for a 9 o'clock opening time). Yay!
If you know us you know we headed right to TSL!
tempImageBpTYCL.jpg

We headed right to Slinky Dog Dash
tempImageFjE1hD.jpg
tempImageoJbGP2.jpg
tempImageujlHFF.jpg

We were in Row 1 :)
We only waited 10 minutes !!! YAY!
tempImagetpS6m9.jpg

First ride of the trip!
tempImageJCd9Md.jpg

Next up: more HS

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
While it was tempting to ride Slinky Dog again we had something else in mind so we moved on and into Galaxy's Edge
C336CDCC-75A3-470E-8F69-F455975D1363_1_201_a.jpeg

tempImagedQeyMl.jpg

This is the first time we saw the Millennium Falcon without tons of people in front of it!
tempImageBokWfE.jpg

We never rode Smugglers Run so we headed there! I am not sure how we made it this long without having gone on this ride!
tempImageBAIq9D.jpg

tempImage6fQSu4.jpg

We made friends with that family in front of us, but there was not much time to chat because we constantly moved through the whole que. I don't even remember half of it!
tempImagekHG2VR.jpg
tempImagenx6v8n.jpg

tempImageTBlu9O.jpg

tempImagezU7DR3.jpg

tempImagekZgEd8.jpg

Next up: more Smugglers Run

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
tempImageXr1c5g.jpg

tempImageeTHszv.jpg

tempImageZiSn8n.jpg
tempImagecsDrvs.jpg

Actually the real reason we have been avoiding this ride was because I knew we would be horrible at piloting and I did not want to ruin it for other people if that was our assigned job. So, when the CM asked us what position I wanted I asked how many other people would be on with us and she said no one! Phew! So we picked pilot of course! (I think now they are letting multiple parties on).
Enjoy this blurry photo...
tempImage5sNnyC.jpg

We had a blast. My Mom was cracking me up because she kept moving up and down and crashing into things. I was like you do not need to keep moving! I also felt bad because she was not paying attention so I pulled the lightspeed lever both times. She said she didn't care. She is not into Star Wars anyway!
Oh I should mention we only waited 10 minutes!!
tempImage1CAsPp.jpg

A kind couple offered to take our photo for us!
B0015963-B1F5-42F7-8054-60049C372C50.jpeg

tempImageJ5unSL.jpg

Oh shoot forgot our SDD photo
28F7FCC3-13ED-4E1E-835B-5E801EFE7045.jpeg

My Mom made me take some PP pictures...
5BA7502C-63ED-4CDC-A0EB-1AC4DCE0C554.jpeg

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
More aco taco PP photos
3973C290-1FE9-450F-8C27-D1C019AF84F6.jpeg

42986882-9476-4106-AC37-5DEBEFC900ED.jpeg

After this we headed back to TSL to ride Alien Swirling Saucers
We only waited 5 minutes ! We were rolling through Hollywood Studios
tempImageubWMMV.jpg

tempImageLv11p8.jpg

Then we headed to TSM to complete the Toy Story trifecta
07F91B40-BBE1-4E71-B0B8-EDA80E327B22_1_201_a.jpeg
tempImagedW8Zi5.jpg
tempImageBlQhWv.jpg
tempImageanklit.jpg

A little side eye from Mr. Potato Head
tempImageLsCkMv.jpg

I had to ask on my IG what this card was from. Thankfully so many people told me Old Maid !
tempImageFnOJ5R.jpg

slipperalwaysfits

First ride of the trip!
Slinky Dog is worth the wait! Glad you made it the first ride!
We had a blast. My Mom was cracking me up because she kept moving up and down and crashing into things. I was like you do not need to keep moving! I also felt bad because she was not paying attention so I pulled the lightspeed lever both times. She said she didn't care. She is not into Star Wars anyway!
This would be my story! When I piloted it this fall with my DH, his sis and mom, I totally crashed into many things. DH was the other pilot and also crashed once or twice. I'm sure I pulled the lightspeed lever a few times. Crash or no crash, it's sure a fun ride!
I had to ask on my IG what this card was from. Thankfully so many people told me Old Maid !
I remember playing OLD MAID as a kid but I don't remember Lifeguard Louie! I LOVE the theming of TSM and the whole land, really. I love that we are the size of a toy! How long was your TSM wait?

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Slinky Dog is worth the wait! Glad you made it the first ride!

This would be my story! When I piloted it this fall with my DH, his sis and mom, I totally crashed into many things. DH was the other pilot and also crashed once or twice. I'm sure I pulled the lightspeed lever a few times. Crash or no crash, it's sure a fun ride!

I remember playing OLD MAID as a kid but I don't remember Lifeguard Louie! I LOVE the theming of TSM and the whole land, really. I love that we are the size of a toy! How long was your TSM wait?

I'm sure I crashed a few times too but I was too distracted trying to help my Mom :hilarious:
I love the land too! We waited about 15 minutes!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
We only waited about 15 minutes!
tempImage2aFIl5.jpg

After this we headed towards Aerosmith. We discovered a very long line when we got there and we were nervous we would miss our Boarding Group (we had lunch plans so wanted to get in line as soon as we could) so we turned around.
We decided to have a popcorn snack!
179C7B01-682E-4833-B431-1CCCAD974CB7.jpeg

Then we headed over to watch Vacation Fun.
tempImage1XVML2.jpg
tempImagebB5FOa.jpg

These seats are so cute!
tempImagecnGZ60.jpg

That short was so cute! I legitimately laughed out loud at several points!
After this we headed towards Galaxy's Edge
We sat along this wall and took a bunch of random photos :joyfull:
tempImage8ptssN.jpg
tempImageFeC443.jpg
tempImageBcVkpz.jpg
tempImagePcj1wb.jpg
tempImagewFrJwj.jpg

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
tempImageZac8xv.jpg

tempImageJAH4cG.jpg

We had a blast! There were a few changes with COVID, but I did not think they interfered with the overall experience. We were off by 11:05 am so we had about 25 minutes to make it to our lunch reservation (should I call it a ressie @wdisney9000 ?? JKJK I hate that word too). It was at Beaches and Cream so we sprint walked there! We made it just in time (albeit a little sweaty). I picked up this reservation about 3 hours beforehand!
tempImage4G7X3W.jpg

tempImagekI41Td.jpg

tempImageVDTbsf.jpg

For lunch I ordered the burger
tempImagevWbbeV.jpg

And my Mom ordered a grilled cheese
tempImageZk8eMP.jpg

For dessert I ordered the No Way Jose (which I proceeded to take 2 bites of because I don't really love ice cream so why did I order it?).
tempImageAlUxUD.jpg

And my Mom ordered an Old Fashioned Sundae. She was pretty excited.
tempImagefnJq9z.jpg

tempImage4oYprx.jpg

I've said it before and I will say it again .....this place is just so meh to us. The ice cream was good but the food was not great. I've had better burgers at McDonalds. I'm sure it won't stop us from going back though :joyfull::joyfull:

Next up: Day 5 continued

pkkurz

Day 4 February 22, 2021
We got up around 7, got ready for the day and headed for our morning stroll around the Boardwalk
View attachment 543069
Another day another photo shoot :hilarious:
View attachment 543070View attachment 543071View attachment 543072View attachment 543073
For some reason the Joes slogan cracks us up. We always try to turn it into a jingle but it seems like it should rhyme and it doesn't.
View attachment 543074
View attachment 543075
We were supposed to go to Topolino's Terrace for breakfast but the menu really did not appeal to us especially at the price so we ended up going to Ale and Compass again!
View attachment 543076View attachment 543077
A light for you....
View attachment 543078

Next up: more breakfast
Topolino’s is great just for the view (and the Characters). Don‘t left the menu or the price stop you. They will fix you anything you like and as much as you want.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
After our lunch we decided to head to Disney Springs. We had plans to go later in the week but we had to schedule our COVID testing that day (to get back into NYS) so we decided to just go this afternoon instead.
We spent some time shopping....loving these new lego displays! They may not even be that new but new for me!
tempImageTQQEcu.jpg
tempImagelW7f5n.jpg
tempImageUWCpC3.jpg

I have no idea where I took this light photo .....maybe the Co-Op ?
tempImagepjENjy.jpg

We really did not get much...I think just a few things at the Christmas store.
We had plans at Boathouse for dinner this week but we canceled that since we were not coming back to Disney Springs. We really wanted to go there for a drink so we popped in and we were able to sit at the bar. I feel like people were always confused when I asked if we could sit at the bar just for a drink. In NY you can not sit at a bar currently or if you do it has to be for a meal.
tempImageAmNmDk.jpg

A light for you...
tempImagemEKizS.jpg

tempImageOvEBqx.jpg

Duck Duck Razz (STOLI RAZZ, PEACH SCHNAPPS, BLUE CURACAO, LEMON JUICE, SIMPLE SYRUP) - the main reason we came!
So cute and so yummy!
tempImageBCtgPe.jpg

tempImageaaBK6V.jpg

Next up: more DS

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
tempImagefPamgN.jpg

tempImageYewB6i.jpg

tempImageuF3QB8.jpg

The store was cute but not really worth waiting to get in :hilarious:
After this we took a bus back to the Yacht Club
We saw this bus there...I'm pretty sure this transports the characters between resorts
tempImageSp8k5e.jpg

We took a little break so I could do some work then got dressed for the evening
tempImageEu5o2D.jpg

tempImageoXCmX1.jpg

We took the Skyliner over to Hollywood Studios
tempImagejnlC6l.jpg

tempImage2Qp8kA.jpg

tempImagejEvsT7.jpg

My feet were apparently not used to Disney and I had really bad blisters from old flip flops. My Mom took this attractive photo of me fixing my foot with bandaids :joyfull:
E4AF59BC-74FE-402E-AC3A-049F5B07379C.jpeg

Next up: HS

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom