Trip Report COMPLETED!!! 2 Brits, 2 weeks and 2 Tonnes of fun!!!

I’ve been lurking on the WDWmagic website for a while and have fell in love with all your trip reports. With a trip coming up soon me and the other half thought why not give it a go!!

So who will be in the report?
I’m Tasha (Natasha) and I’m a veterinarian from the UK and my family are Disney lovers for life. My parents are DVC members and this will be my 20th (I think??!!) visit to Disney world Florida :O

20180805_161316.jpg

The other person you’ll mainly be seeing in this trip report is Adam. Adam is my fiancé who has caught the Disney bug also! This will be his 3rd visit to the world. Adam is a die-hard American football and New Orleans Saints fan (he says he bleeds black and gold if this means anything to anyone…). He is looking to expand his jersey collection of every NFL team and is welcome for suggestions on places to go to buy them.

This is the last holiday we go on before we become husband and wife after 11 years of being together (its about time… :p )! It’s also the first trip that we will have at disney world as a couple without other family members present through the whole trip. Both of us may write up parts of this report so I will be N and Adam will be A from now on.

When, Where and How long?
We will be staying in the Avanti resort on international drive for 15 nights from the 22nd September to the 7th October. We have stayed on Disney property many times previously but decided that we will use our hotel as a base this trip and save our pennies for experiences and the wedding next year. We also have a large family trip planned for the world in September 2019, staying in boardwalk villas so we’re happy to wait until then for our ‘on property’ experience.

Tickets
As we have two, two week trips planned within a year time frame we have bought annual passes for both Disney world and Universal. We love Halloween and have also purchased the frequent fear plus pass for Halloween horror nights (HHN). I think we will mostly spend our time in disney but we’re happy to be flexible and make the best of both locations!

Planning
We have been really torn this trip between allowing free time to relax and see what we fancy doing vs booking fast passes and ADR’s. The compromise has been to have fast passes planned for must do rides and parks and ‘relax days’ but we will ultimately let how we’re feeling guide the holiday. Staying off site has meant we have been unable to catch some of our most sought after fast passes e.g. slinky dog dash and FOP, but we keep checking the MDE app and are planning standby line if we need to (i really hope we dont!!). I should also mention that my mum and dad have a trip planned that overlaps ours by a couple of days at the end of the holiday so we’re planning to catch up with them as well.

Last edited:

Tashifer90

Original Poster

Today we were spending the full day in Universal (Islands of Adventure to start). I think we got there around 1000 checked out the wait times and headed straight over to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. Which is always good fun and the wait times are never too long, however i was super paranoid about breaking my phone on the ride, a few years ago when we came in 2012 i left my digital camera in my pocket, after we came off the ride, some movement i guess had knocked the camera and snapped a small part of the SD card, (which is amazing it managed to do that actually) but yeah, that was the day before our last day and i lost every single one of our holiday photos!

So understandably i was very cautious of my phone on the ride this time!

20180928_113634.jpg

we headed over to Poseidon's fury, we've always thought ride/show was really underrated as there's never a huge queue but the actors always put on a great show with little bits of improv here and there.

20180928_121346.jpg

We were feeling fairly hungry by this point as it was getting on for about midday and we could smell all the food around park, however before eating we thought it would be best to conquer the Hulk Coaster otherwise we may not have kept our lunch down!

I had never done hulk coaster before, and to my surprise i wasn't nervous at all, i was just really excited to get on! Compared to how i was the first time we ever came to Disney (I was a wuss when it came to coasters) this was a huge difference! (Although i think i now prefer coasters to simulators)
20180928_131909.jpg

By this point we were well ready for food, so headed over to The Simpson area. So we walked out of the park and round to universal instead of taking the Hogwarts Express.

This is where our day took a turn for the worst unfortunately, we got into Krusty burger to find every single table either full or reserved, it was so full that even TM's were stalking the rooms to put down more reserved signs immediately after families left! We weren't sure what they were reserving them for either? (Unless we were unaware you could book?)

So we gave up, and headed round the other side to Richter Burger... my god... what a terrible place... our meal at Richter Burger was probably the worst experience of the entire holiday. We waited in line for 25-30 mins before ordering, the food that arrived was something that i wouldn't even expect to see from Mcdonalds, We both ordered 'The aftershock' burger, and had loaded fries, quite frankly the only aftershock on it was the price! 12.99 for a less than basic burger! Plastic cheese on the chips too... :hungover:

We don't mind loud music now and again, we both like live music shows etc, however when we were trying to eat, we couldn't even hear each other from the other side of the table because the music was so loud! There was no area to escape the speakers either! Generally overall a very, very bad experience and put a real dampener on the rest of the day.
20180928_144124.jpg

'The big one' yeah... ok...

By this point we were getting a little overheated, and a little grumpy with all the crowds, so we gave up and headed back to the hotel to nap for a little while.

The only thing that cheered us up when we were leaving was that we stopped via Voodoo doughnuts and picked up a selection box for us to share. We got the Flyer Fryer Dozen for about 28 dollars. (Still better value that Richter burger!)
20180928_153655.jpg

My favorite was easily the peanut butter one, N loved the Bacon Maple Bar which was amazing! In the future we would probably just order one or two that we really fancied as a fair few of these got chucked away cause we physically couldn't eat them all.
20180928_160908.jpg

Sidenote: The moment we got back, we decided against napping and dived in the pool to work off those calories!

After a refresh, we decided to pop out for a bit of light shopping at Vineland Premium Outlets, (You may notice we like to shop, back at home our nearest big mall is about an hour and half away and doesn't even have a wide variety of shops, especially no kind of outlet locations, so when we come stateside we go a little bit crazy!) I bought myself a couple of pairs of levis, but mainly window shopped after that. N just window shopped as there was nothing she was interested in this time.

we decided to head out for tea somewhere, we had already researched a few places down International Drive and with one that was directly across the road from our hotel, we headed there. A place called 'Bahama Breeze' we arrived and was told it would be a 35 minute wait, however we were seated in about 10 minutes, We got sat right next door to a musician playing the steel drums and he was fantastic and made a really good atmosphere, there was a drunk lady who loved the music so much she never stopped dancing in front of him all night! It was a really good place with all the staff being helpful and our server was super upbeat and happy to give us suggestions on what to order.

We decided to share the firecracker shrimp for starters. (Oh my days it was amazing)
20180928_220140.jpg

Then N opted for the seafood paella however there was so much she couldn't even finish half of it! It had had mussels, scallops, prawns and chorizo, i think there was even some chicken in there to!
20180928_221726.jpg

I went for the 'Taste of Caribbean' sampler plate. Everything on this plate tasted absolutely amazing.
20180928_221732.jpg

There was Jamican Jerk Pork, Jerk Chicken, Empanadas, with fried plantains that little pot to the right had pineapple chutney in it as well, it was amazing!

Also... they did very flavourful cocktails
20180928_214216.jpg

It came in a souvenir glass, Captain Morgan Rum, passion fruit, lime, vanilla & bitters. Also... how good is this new trend when they just leave the bottle of spirits in your glass? At least you know they're not trying to short change you on the alcohol!

Got back to the hotel about 2230/2300 ish.

Tashifer90

Original Poster

Today was going to be another relaxing day, to ensure we were over our grumpy mood from yesterday.

We bought a huge sub sandwich from Wal-mart the night before and took it with us to Typhoon Lagoon. We got there around 1000 and got pretty good seats too! Just near the wave pool.
20180929_102744.jpg

We headed straight into the wave pool and had fun filming each other getting wrecked by the waves.
20180929_130458.jpg

This one was taken post wave hit. :D

Although i think this one i took of N caught her in all of her raw beauty...
20180929_130538(2).jpg

...So beautiful... :oops:

After getting battered by the waves for some time, we decided to relax in the lazy river. This is N's favorite part of the water-parks apart from the odd moments where you get some cold water splashed on you :p
1539524780535.png

'So cold!!'

We decided to try and get on all the slides as well, even tried the new one 'Miss Adventure Falls' which was brilliant, so much so that we immediately went round and did it again! There was practically no queues all day, i think the worst we had was a 5 minute wait.

We did, pineapple plunger, Banana blaster on the crush n gusher, headed over to do the storm slides & Humunga Kowabunga and then finished off with Mayday falls and Keelhaul falls.

We decided to get dried off and then head of for Disney springs, it was about 1500 when we left. Good job we did as well, as when we came back to our sunbeds we had found that a large family had "assumed" they were theirs and were sat on our beds which had our bags and towels on! We found this to be quite common with large families staying at Disney, assuming they were entitled to most things around them. We tried not to let it bother us anyways, bad manners is one of my major pet peeves. :mad:

We got into Disney springs around 1530 and headed to the earl of sandwich to grab a drink as we were absolutely gasping. Naturally i opted for the frozen pink lemonade and N went for the regular frozen. (Note: Frozen lemonade is something we also don't get very often in the UK, mainly because it's never warm enough!)

We wandered through the Disney store but found it to be somewhat disappointing with all the construction that was underway on it, it had significantly reduced the size of the store. We eventually made our way to Paridiso 37 and was told it would be a 40 minute wait, however when the Waitress asked N for her mobile number she couldn't put a British number into the notification system, so she asked us to wait nearby and we got sat down in 5 minutes!

Immediately ordered some AWESOME nachos when we got in there though...
20180929_181714.jpg

I had the fish tacos and N had Enchiladas, unfortunately no photos of these as we were just too hungry to take photos first!

We headed back to the hotel for an early night, as we had an early start on Sunday morning!

slipperalwaysfits

I'm enjoying reading your trip report! How fun to have two whole weeks to enjoy Disney and Universal. We loved our experience at Teppan Edo last year, too! Thanks for the warning about not eating before Midway Mania! I'm so sorry your Fantasmic show got cancelled. That's always a fun show to watch!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
I'm enjoying reading your trip report! How fun to have two whole weeks to enjoy Disney and Universal. We loved our experience at Teppan Edo last year, too! Thanks for the warning about not eating before Midway Mania! I'm so sorry your Fantasmic show got cancelled. That's always a fun show to watch!

Glad you are enjoying it! Yeah fantasmic has always been my favorite show, the moment when mickey first appears? Just love it :) N's favorite show is happily ever after which I think is super clever with all the projections!

Tashifer90

Original Poster

Sunday is Gameday!!

This was easily my most anticipated part of the holiday, I had never seen an american football game in the US before and i had been told that the environment was so much better stateside. So today i was going to be a jags fan for the day to watch them play against the Jets. We got up and left the hotel probably about... 0700, stopped by Mcdonalds (Didn't see the ordering booth and drove right past it to the window... oops!) and then we were on our way!

The drive was long and N was going to be navigating but unfortunately fell asleep so i was by myself for some time ha!

But about 1000 ish we made it! Got parked a little offsite, probably about 10-15 mins walk from the stadium and it cost us about 35 Dollars.

And we were there!!
20180930_102752.jpg

Kick off wasn't till 1300 so i was eager to get in and just have a look around the stadium and do some of the fan zone experiences they had, oh. my. days... we got so much free stuff!! considering back home if you go to a game you have to pay just to get a programme, we got that for free, a free towel (This was super useful for keeping the sun off us), fan (This was great for keeping N cool), won a pair of sunglasses, won a free draw string bag. I was just generally amazed.

We went deeper into the stadium N bought herself a vest top so she could top up her tan during the game (She not a big American football fan, so thought she would make the best of the situation)
20180930_104356.jpg

We could see some of the players training which was great and then N was starting to feel a bit of a headache and thought she best eat something, so I went and got her a slice of pizza. One slice was 11 dollars... my initial reaction was... really??

But when the slice came I need not have worried...:eek:
20180930_120619.jpg

Hand for scale!

N still wasn't feeling great so i managed to get her some Painkillers from the store in the stadium which was a great help.

We started to make our way up to our seats and found this cool little area where they looked after peoples dogs, and they were treat well! Fans to keep the dogs cool with a misting spray, and all game the supervisors there did not stop playing with the dogs at all, and they were having a great time!
1539539346660.png

We got to our seats and sat next to a lovely couple who were really interested that we had come all the way from the UK to see the game, her husband darted off out of his seat at the end of the first quarter and went to guest services and got me a first game badge! Which i thought was really nice of them!
20180930_143023.jpg

Badge at the bottom left on the photo, note the towel conveniently placed around my neck to avoid sun burn. (I burn quicker than cheese on toast) It was scorching that day i think it was was late in the late 90's heat with no shelter from the sun apart from the occasional cloud.

Also our seats were great, we were surrounded by lovely people, we kept getting high fives by everyone whenever the Jags scored overall it was a really great atmosphere. We were told we had to come to their next game as they didn't score a touchdown until me and N turned up, so we were now their lucky gameday charm!
1539540233279.png

Unfortunately N still had a killer headache, and being at a football match is really not the best atmosphere for trying to get rid of one of those, I felt so bad for her, i offered to leave at the end of the first quarter cause obviously there's nothing worse than being stuck with one of those. Luckily the painkillers started to kick in at the end of the 2nd quarter and i kept going to get water to keep us hydrated. So she got into it a little more towards the end. Overall it's was a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
20180930_151841.jpg

I adjusted my towel placement to make sure the right side of my face wouldn't come out bright red. I knew it looked ridiculous but it was just too hot! haha!

At the end of the game though they really clamp down on security, i found this a little weird cause this doesn't really happen back home, but i went to get a picture of the field but was immediately stopped but a police officer who said i had to leave, i politely just asked if i could just grab a picture of the field and was told. 'Be quick... be really quick' when i came back N was stood with two other police officers who were making sure she didn't go anywhere either! I'm not sure if this is common or what in the states? But yeah, we find it a little strange.

Here's the picture i almost got arrested for...
20180930_162808.jpg

Getting out of jackonsville wasn't as much fun, lots of busy roads combined with two British tourists who were a little lost didn't help haha!

I took several wrong turns on the way home. (Personally i blame the navigator, but she still says it was me) went threw a toll that we literally didn't have any change for so i tried stuffing a dollar bill in the bin that your supposed to throw the change in just so we wouldn't get fined or told off. But yeah that part was a little bit stressful.

Eventually N had to take over the driving (She's driven in the states one more time than me)

When we got back we were starved! N just wanted to order food in so we decided to order Chinese food, and were over the moon when they asked what room we were in, cause not only did they deliver it to the hotel, they brought it right to our room! Unfortunately we cannot remember the name of the place, we think it was maybe Pearls Chinese takeaway? But can't be 100% sure.
20180930_211344.jpg

Dumplings were amazing though, Chinese takeaways back home rarely offer these, so we ordered some whilst the opportunity presented itself. N ordered the honey garlic chicken and i went for orange chicken, we needn't have bothered ordering two meals though because the food did us well enough for breakfast the next day!

Also... check out that gameday swag!
20180930_204756.jpg

We collapsed in bed around 2300 with our belly's thoroughly full of Chinese.

slipperalwaysfits

So happy you had your first NFL experience! So exciting for you! Glad you're enjoying all your swag! I hope N's headache went away and she was able to enjoy the rest of the day following the game.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Hi. Me again. So when you say you are going for tea it doesn’t mean you are actually getting tea? Because if captain morgan counts as tea, count me in ;)
Also, next time you need to drive in the states download the app WAZE. It is hands down the best navigation app out there.
Lastly, the jaguars could have used you and your good luck today!!!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
So happy you had your first NFL experience! So exciting for you! Glad you're enjoying all your swag! I hope N's headache went away and she was able to enjoy the rest of the day following the game.

Thank you! Yes the bottle holder has been pretty useful since then! Yeah she was feeling much better after the game thank you, i think a quiet drive definitely helped her. :)

Rista1313

After that there wasn't an awful lot to do in Epcot

Not a lot to do in epcot? You missed (or didn't mention) my two favorite rides there.. Soarin' and Living with the land!

(Thank the lord for sketchers!)

This is true... I was just telling someone Saturday that I will never buy anything but skechers because I walked my whole Disney vacation in them and my feet never hurt once!

Looking forward to the rest of your vacation TR!

Gurt

Hi. Me again. So when you say you are going for tea it doesn’t mean you are actually getting tea? Because if captain morgan counts as tea, count me in ;)
Also, next time you need to drive in the states download the app WAZE. It is hands down the best navigation app out there.

OP is from the UK, and flying from Manchester I assume he is a fellow 'Northerner' we call our evening meal our 'Tea' so our meals are breakfast, dinner & tea, however this is only a North thing Southerners would call their meals breakfast, lunch & dinner.

Tashifer90

Original Poster

Thank you for the tip! We were just using google maps, but we weren't impressed, will definitely check out WAZE next time we go! In regards to Tea, @Gurt has pretty much hit the nail on the head. Sorry for the confusion! Will try and avoid English slang in the rest of our report! I know! Poor Jags! i felt bad for them seeing that result! :(

OP is from the UK, and flying from Manchester I assume he is a fellow 'Northerner' we call our evening meal our 'Tea' so our meals are breakfast, dinner & tea, however this is only a North thing Southerners would call their meals breakfast, lunch & dinner.

Yep, you are spot on there Gurt, me and N are both northerners! :) Glad you are enjoying the trip report!

Not a lot to do in epcot? You missed (or didn't mention) my two favorite rides there.. Soarin' and Living with the land!

This is true... I was just telling someone Saturday that I will never buy anything but skechers because I walked my whole Disney vacation in them and my feet never hurt once!

Looking forward to the rest of your vacation TR!

Haha! We do enjoy those rides, however i think the wait times were just that little bit too long for us to justify waiting in standby for it. Also... Yes! I don't think i will ever wear anything other than sketchers from now on!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
This day started at the Florida Mall for MORE SHOPPING! we skipped breakfast when we got up though and headed straight to the food court for some brunch/lunch. We have Tacobell back home but we didn't realise we were missing so much by having it stateside!

Look at this beauty!
20181001_123201.jpg

It's a tacoshell made of Doritos!! (Does Homer Simpson drool)

N went for the beefy melt burrito it was all very tasty.

We found this place called 'Boxed lunch' N is addicted to novelty t shirts and this place had them by the bucket load. I think all in all she bought about 7 t-shirts... i may have bought about 4 as well...

N bought some makeup, handbags and purses and perused the windows store to have a look at their new laptops and N had a play with the new Iphone. (Shes currently in the market for a new phone)

After strolling round there, we headed to Magic Kingdom! as we had reservations at Skipper Canteen for dinner. Also N had bought some Mickey ears and was eager to 'test them out' in magic kingdom.
20181001_144734.jpg

Magic kingdom was super busy! but we managed to do Haunted mansion, Buzz lightyear, TTA, Thunder mountain, but we skipped on splash mountain as we didn't want to me wet for our meal. However the weather had other ideas and decided to pour it down anyways!

Skipper canteen was of course as we expected... Puntastic! We shared dumplings for starters. N had Steak for mains as the waiter advised her it would be a big mis-STEAK not to order it :hilarious: and i went for the Char Sui pork which was delicious! Sorry... again... no pictures... i know... we suck...

We planned to hang around for the Happily ever after show, it was very difficult to find a spot where we could see the castle and where we were allowed to stand as apparently we kept picking spots where we couldn't sit. Luckily... enter our hero CM Brian! who could see we were looking a little lost and said that he would walk us to his favorite spot to watch the show from.

He took us to the astro-turf area in front of kaceys corner. He said usually it's reserved but on this occasion was open so we were more than welcome to sit and watch from here. (Brian, you are awesome)
20181001_195453.jpg

20181001_195622.jpg

It started getting a little crowded towards show time. (Lots of people with no personal space issues) seriously... i looked behind me at one point and there was a guy sleeping on the floor with his head literally no further than 30cm from my butt! (Brave guy)

We were looking forward to sitting down and watching the show, until the tallest man you had ever seen (Probably about 6ft 6) stood right in front us, so naturally everyone else started to stand up and eventually everyone did. Sad times for our feet!!

We still enjoyed the show though, despite my pet peeve of everyone trying to record the entire show with there phones. (Does this seriously not annoy anyone else?) N told me apparently there was a guy who was pretty much recording the show with his phone on top of my head!

Either way, one happy N after the show
20181001_212119.jpg

After that we made a quick move to get over to space mountain before the crowds, i think it was about 30 mins wait

Doesn't Space mountain look so cool at night?
20181001_213054.jpg

Of course all of this fun came at a cost... the trip out of the park... I know there's the boats and the Monorail but damn... it took us a full hour just to get back to our car! Sometimes i wish they would let us swim across the lake! We've stayed in wilderness lodge before in 2017 and not having access to that quick departure really does make a difference!

Either way, we got back to the hotel about 2300 :)

LeighM

Following along. My husband and I also dated for almost 12 years before finally getting married. No one thought we would actually do it because we were so content with how things were. Also - I sit toward the back of the plane for the same reason, even though I know it wouldn't really do much to save my life LOL. But it's a small comfort to me when I'm afraid of flying. Plus, sitting in the back of the plane makes me think the plane is actually larger because of all the space in front of me. Fools my claustrophobia into thinking something else:) Whatever works, right? :)

Tashifer90

Original Poster
We woke up and immediately changed our first fastpass so we could have a longer lay in as we were still a little fatigued from the night before. We got to Animal Kingdom at about 1100 and headed for expedition Everest.
20181002_114033.jpg

We tried to do Jazz hands but because we were sat right at the back so you can see our attention was firmly focused on the drop!

We went to see the Up bird show as it was about to start as we were walking past. The show was entertaining (But very corny) with appearances from Doug and Russel. I feel like the age range this show is directed at is very young. I think we would watch it again if we fancied sitting down and having a rest!
20181002_120520.jpg

sidenote: we found the 'lead actor' hilarious although not for the reason we were supposed to. Myself and A really enjoy the netflix show 'The Good Place' and the lead actor just reminded us of the character Tahani:hilarious: if you watch the show you'll know what we mean!!

With our legs and feet feeling refreshed we headed over to africa and fancied a snack. We tried our first ever mickey pretzel with cheese dipping sauce and it was super salty but the perfect snack to share. large soft pretzels are not something we have at home which makes me sad!

Feeling a bit less rumbly in our tumbly's we noticed the wait for kilamanjaro safaris was 15 mins so couldn't resist the opportunity to see all the animals when the sun wasnt beaming down. we practically walked onto the ride although it did amuse us that some families completely ignore the cast members and try to fit themselves in with the bus ahead of them, 8 people do not fit in a row no matter how hard you try!

The animals were a bit more active than during our last visit and it was nice to see them move around. We didn't take many photos but I will share with you a screen grab from our walk along the harambe trail of one of the hippos waiting for his feeding time.
1539630089154.png

just as we were about to head to the gorilla enclosure we alerted by a CM that the area was closed due to lightning in the area and large fat rain drops started to fall. since we couldnt finish the trail we walked back to the entrance getting wetter by the second.

we were already getting quite soggy so made the decision to go to our fastpass at na'avi river journey. This was probably a mistake since the rain got heavier the longer we walked and by the time we reached the entrance to the ride we were wet through!
20181002_134315.jpg

we enjoy na'avi river journey but i dont think we'd ever ride on it without a fastpass or a wait time less than 30 mins.

It was now approximately 3pm and we were feeling the effects of only having had a pretzel between the two of us. We didnt fancy any of the food in animal kingdom and were thinking of going to hollywood studios for fantasmic in the evening. Still feeling damp we decided to find a place to eat and dry off. I had a look on MDE app and managed to get us a reservation for a late lunch/early dinner at ESPN bar at Boardwalk. we figured we could eat at boardwalk and then we could get the boat over to studios for fantasmic.

20181002_145931.jpg

the rain left unfortunate wet patches... not ideal!!!!!

We'd accidentally booked two reservations for ESPN bar by accident however the podium staff were kind enough to get rid of one without charging us the missed reservation fee. We shared the buffalo wings for starters, A had the fish tacos (again) and I had a chicken burger (i think)
20181002_155318.jpg

the restaurant was quiet but the food was tasty. as we ate it seemed to get busy with people from a 'splunk' conference turning up everywhere... not a clue what that conference was for?!

Feeling happily full we headed and got the boat service over to hollywood studios. (i really miss boardwalk... bring on Sep 2019!)
20181002_164104.jpg

Feeling happy because were not quite so hungry and soggy!

once in hollywood studios i managed to nab us a fastpass for star tours although we needn't have bothered as the wait time was less than 5 mins. this meant that we just 'had' to ride once as standby then again with our fastpass.
20181002_170739.jpg

This turned out to be not the brightest idea we've ever had. Not only did two consecutive rides make us feel queasy, after all that food, we also got the same ride outcomes we've had previously :banghead:

The wait time for toy story MWM was 20mins on the MDE app so we decided to head over there next. Turns out the app was fibbing or they increased it in the 5 mins we took to walk over there. the standby queue now said the wait was 40 mins! We had a look at the rest of the waiting times for the park and this was fairly average so we decided just to wait it out. A beat my score... again... i say its only because he loves to play video games!

I managed to get us a fastpass for fantasmic and it was now starting to head towards 7pm so we grabbed a drink and headed over to get our seats. I dont mind waiting for fantasmic to begin because its always such a good atmostphere in the amphitheatre! A got to know the gentleman next door to him and his tales of his knee op whilst i sang along to all the songs.
20181002_191414.jpg

Luckily the show didnt get cancelled this time and i swear they have changed some of the effects since we went last year? either way it was thoroughly enjoyable. i question whether there will ever be a day when we get bored of this show!

We managed to get on one of the first boats back to boardwalk and A was fancying some dessert so he went over to amples creamery whilst i watched the last part of the 'movie in the stars' which was a nightmare before christmas. A went all out and got himself an ice cream cookie sandwich with peanut butter cups ice cream and rolled in mm sprinkles. i was too full to even look at ito_O
20181002_212110.jpg

A says he thoroughly enjoyed it but also felt a bit sick afterwards. next time he says he 'might' not have the sprinkles... yeah, ok.... :p

we headed back to the car and got some gas on the way back to the hotel. we got back at approx 10pm i think.

Fun fact: getting gas is interesting as a british person because the colour used for unleaded and diesel is the opposite to what we use in the uk! i had to check at least twice to make sure i wasnt going to ruin the engine!

Tashifer90

Original Poster
Following along. My husband and I also dated for almost 12 years before finally getting married. No one thought we would actually do it because we were so content with how things were. Also - I sit toward the back of the plane for the same reason, even though I know it wouldn't really do much to save my life LOL. But it's a small comfort to me when I'm afraid of flying. Plus, sitting in the back of the plane makes me think the plane is actually larger because of all the space in front of me. Fools my claustrophobia into thinking something else:) Whatever works, right? :)

we're glad we're not the only ones! I studied abroard for 4 years so its not very conducive to planning a wedding ha! A says he feels exactly the same way and when you have a 9 hour flight you need that reassurance! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom