Complete newbie, completely overwhelmed

thorsmar

Original Poster
Our family is traveling to Florida for a family reunion and the NASCAR race over the 4th of July holiday. We have ONE day for WDW, and because I have 10 and 11 year old daughters, I determined Magic Kingdom is the best choice for us since we must see princesses. I had no idea you could book attractions through Fast Pass before arriving at the park. We were planning to purchase tickets upon arrival, and then try to Fast Pass two or three attractions that we really want to do... particularly the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Is it possible that these attractions would be completely pre-booked and hence not available to the guest who did no pre-planning? I want this day to be the best it can be for us since this is probably our "once-in-a-lifetime" trip to WDW, but both my daughters have ADHD and one has a sensory processing disorder, and I don't want to stress everyone out, pushing them on to the next attraction so we get to see everything. I'd appreciate any advice or even redirection to another place in the forums that may have some ideas for us. Thank you!

thorsmar

Original Poster
You most likely won't be able to get 7D day of. Possibly splash or big thunder. That's a busy time period so those may be hard to het as well.

Wow... I had no idea. You really have to know what you're doing. It's almost as if parts of WDW are inaccessible to those that don't have the inside scoop. No more just "showing up" to experience the magic. Thank you so much for your input.

CAPTAIN HOOK

No more just "showing up" to experience the magic.
Welcome aboard

You certainly can just show and still have the time of your life - but July 4th is up there in Disney's Top 5 busiest times.
If you're planning to go at this time, there is still time to plan but you have to act fast. Set up your My Disney Experience and start booking any Table Service restaurants you may want to eat at. Then, you need park tickets. Once you have their serial number you can book your 3 Fast Passes for your day.
As a last resort arrive at MK in time for rope drop and head for................. well, princesses or 7 Dwarves. I'm afraid that you'll have to be prepared to stand in line.

officialtom

Jump on the FP+ train... it'll help you plan out your entire day. A lot of people complain about needing to plan because of the FP+ system, but it makes our entire experience a lot more enjoyable. I don't like having things planned down to the minute, but I do enjoy having a few key things to kind of plot out my map/itinerary for each day.

That all said, there are lots of people who just want to show up and experience the magic. I can see how FP+ is likely making that harder to do nowadays.

ariel90

Well yesterday my friend and I were selecting fast passes for that day and if I remember correctly the fast pass + are all booked out for the mine train however you never know what could become available again. I do think there are still passes available for the mountains that you want. I also heard that according to many that Magic Kingdom just about always reaches capacity on the fourth so make sure that you arrive to the park as soon as you can.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Also if only visiting for one day in MK prepare yourselves to not expect to see and do everything as even on an extremely slow day that is not possible. MK alone is a multiple day park for us and it's just me and DH.
With that said around 4th of July is one of the busiest in the parks with to capacity attendance several days around and on July 4th in MK.
Prepare to get there at rope drop and stay until closing if you want to get the most out of your 1 day at MK. If you want FP+ I would buy your tickets ASAP so you can make them soon and if you want to dine at any TS in MK I would book ASAP also.
Hope you all have a wonderful time! :)

erasure fan1

Wow... I had no idea. You really have to know what you're doing. It's almost as if parts of WDW are inaccessible to those that don't have the inside scoop. No more just "showing up" to experience the magic. Thank you so much for your input.
I would really start planning the rides and attractions that are most important to you now, because 1 day at the MK during the 4th of July weekend probably won't be enough time to do it all. Once you know what you have to see, you can then start to make your plan of attack. Just make sure you have a contingency plan because things have way of going wrong. We just got back and we planned 7DMT for the rope drop with no FP+, got to the ride and it was down, didn't open for 3hrs or so. If you can get your tickets now, I would, so you have a better chance of getting what you want. And if you can't then you can always check everyday to see if something opens up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom