Comparing Sept/Oct/Nov

CP_alum08

In the preliminary stages of planning a trip for fall '15 and having a difficult time deciding when to go. A little background info; it's just me and my girlfriend, no kids, we used to be FL residents and this will be our first trip back to WDW as non-residents. Here's when I'm thinking so far...

Sept. - Theoretically the lowest crow levels, which is important. Also, theoretically the 'cheapest' time to go. Still stupid hot for most of the month. MNSSHP, we might do this if we are there during it but it's not something we would specifically go for. F&W, this is actually something we would try to avoid, it's in the "been there done that" category especially with how crazy it's gotten.

Oct. - Pretty much the same as Sept. but a little better weather and slightly higher crowds(?). If I remember right, isn't there some type of competition during October? Cheer, football, soccer, etc.?

Nov. - MVMCP, same type of deal as a Halloween party, something we might do but not something we would specifically go for. Good weather. Christmas decorations up which is always nice to see. Obviously the closer you get to Thanksgiving the crazier it gets. We have the luxury of being able to go whenever we want so we would stay away from the end of November.

So thats it. Am I missing anything? What are your thoughts?

KCheatle

We've been in September, and I love it. The only downside is the MNSSHP, simply because it cuts into your time at MK. However, no matter which month you go in your selected 3, you will run into that problem between MNSSHP and MVMCP.

We're looking at going Nov 7-14, 2015 so that we can catch the tail end of the F&W, plus the Christmas party. So, I'm curious to see what anyone has to say about November??

Upvote 0

Anotherfaceinthecrowd

Can I ask a dumb question I'm not from America and have just booked 10th till 24th November 2015 so when does thanksgiving start? This isn't something we took into consideration when booking as we don't have it in the UK

Upvote 0

Clamman73

Can I ask a dumb question I'm not from America and have just booked 10th till 24th November 2015 so when does thanksgiving start? This isn't something we took into consideration when booking as we don't have it in the UK

It's the 27th. You should be in a crowd level lull for most of your trip, and then the last weekend you're there before Thanksgiving, you should see a pickup in crowd levels.

Upvote 0

bee

As someone who also used to live in Florida I HATE the gross summer weather and would pick November, all else equal. If you're not into Food and Wine you could go between the end of F&W and the week of Thanksgiving.

Upvote 0

Redsky89

December definitely has the best weather but best to avoid the last two weeks of the month during the Holiday madness. Crowd levels outside the holidays though are all pretty low during these months.

Upvote 0

CP_alum08

Original Poster
As someone who also used to live in Florida I HATE the gross summer weather and would pick November, all else equal. If you're not into Food and Wine you could go between the end of F&W and the week of Thanksgiving.
Thanks, this is what I'm leaning to right now.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

Second week in November is a really good lower-crowd week. The weather has been great for us when we've gone that week. We did have a little rain one year and one very hot day one year during that week.
We're doing Oct. since that's the only break my daughter has from school. This is fine, though, as we really enjoy MNSSHP.

Upvote 0

Mr Anderson

We've been in September and being a northerner, coming from perfect fall weather to brutal hot summer in Orlando was a shock to the body. I've vote for later simply because of weather.
How fun it is to see such different perspectives on the forums! Being a Texan, the September weather in Florida is simply delightful compared to what it is back home. In 2011, we left Texas for DisneyWorld during a 45-day over-100-degree marathon drought (actually, zero rain that whole time also) and we were so thankful for the comparatively cooler temps and near daily rain storms in Florida. People looked at us like we were crazy when we didn't run for cover when it started raining each day and stood there, looking up at the sky, arms out, smiling. However, if you're not used to warmer temps, I can totally see how it could be unbearable.

Here's an idea, check a crowd calendar and look at historical temps, and figure out what would make it so you get the best mix of weather + crowds!

Upvote 0

bee

How fun it is to see such different perspectives on the forums! Being a Texan, the September weather in Florida is simply delightful compared to what it is back home.
Great point, perspective is everything! I'm originally from Fort Worth and I spent several summers there with family while I lived in Florida. What joyous memories I have of Six Flags in 100 degree weather...:cautious:

Upvote 0

DisneyDaver

October and November are my favorite times to go to WDW. I slightly prefer October because (a) I love MNSSHP and (b) occasional the temperature in November can get a little too cold for comfortable pool/water park weather.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom