Company D in the Studios

monorail256

Original Poster
Being a part time employee now at my local Disney Store, I want this next trip to be filled with new experiances.

A fellow friend and castmember was telling me about the Company D stores that are scattered throughout WDW. I think the only one I would be able to visit during my visit would be the one in the studios.

Can anyone give me directions to get there? :lol:
If you dont find telling me on the forums comfortable, feel free to IM me on AIM at GSdiz87.

Thanks in advance!! :D

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
for general info call 407-824-4254 (tie line 8-273-4254). It covers all company D's

Disney University

Operating Hours:
Monday - 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday - 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday - 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday - 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday - 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Instructions:
Located on the first floor of the Disney University Building (Suite 110).

----------------------------------------

Disney Reservation Center

Operating Hours:
Monday - 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday - 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Instructions:
Located inside the Disney Reservation Center off property. In the I-Drive/Universal Area

Maingate Office Complex

Operating Hours:
Monday - 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Instructions:
Located near ATM at Maingate Office Complex. Closest to DAK/DAK Lodge

Disney-MGM Studios

Operating Hours:
Wednesday - 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Thursday - 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday - 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
This location may be closed from 1:00 p.m. until 2:00 p.m. for lunch.

Instructions:
Located inside Take 5 Cafeteria. Behind the Villains Shop/DVC Cart

Epcot

Operating Hours:
Saturday - 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Instructions:
Located inside Cast Services Building adjacent to Cast breakroom. Behind Test Track/Mexico.

Team Disney

Operating Hours:
Monday - 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday - 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday - 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday - 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Instructions:
Located inside Team Disney Building, south side past Vista Federal Credit Union near elevators.

ImaginationHost

Thanks MKT for the quick response :)

Next ? for you...As TDS cast members, we're allowed to go to Company D, right? My store manager was telling me this but I wasn't 100% sure that we could. Any insight?

Also, if we are, which I assume we can, what's the easiest way to get into one? I assume if I went into the Studios using my CM ID and then walked backstage to Take 5 at the Studios, everything would be fine?

monorail256

Original Poster
Yea, as DS cast members we are allowed to go into Company D stores (thanks to MKT for his response, even though it did come a little late.. but very informative none the less). I talked to some managers down there who gave me directions on how to get to them.

I'd say that the eaisest one to find is in the Studios. Don't expect it to be a hug gigantic store, because I did, and boy oh boy was I dissapointed. Still neat though. :D

2much2do

No, no, no, no. I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, but this is NOT allowed! Actually, even us (WDW CMs) are NOT allowed backstage unless we are working in that park on that day. So, for instance, tomorrow is my day off and my family and I are going to Epcot for the food and wine festival. Since I will be a guest tomorrow, and I am not scheduled to work, I am not allowed in any backstage areas at all. Even though I was just backstage working UK today! I could get in trouble if I am caught backstage with no bussiness being there (i.e. work). Also, a TDS ID is not a WDW ID (they even look different) and if you were asked by a CM to show your ID backstage, they would have to tell you to leave. Granted, for the most part, nobody will say anything if you act like you belong and bring no other non-Disney people with you (children!), you do run the risk of getting caught, and you should know what you are doing is not allowed. Also, in order to buy anything at a Comany D you would need WDW IDs (they scan them).

ImaginationHost

Then our store managers need to stop telling us that, b/c we were told that we can go to Company D and use our TDS ID's. It's even listed on our benefits thing for the store.

mkt

Premium Member
2much2do,

part of what you said is right.. part of what you said is wrong.

any CM who does not have business backstage is not allowed backstage (ie.. you don't have to be working, say... coming in to use the Disney Learning Centers, or to talk to a manager regarding an issue at work). However, any CM with a Valid ID can go to Company D (and property control). Not just WDW CM's.

monorail256

Original Poster
Originally posted by 2much2do
Also, in order to buy anything at a Comany D you would need WDW IDs (they scan them).

I went in there and shopped, and they could've cared less that I worked at the DS or WDW. I even talked to a manager backstage... she asked where I worked, and I told her. We even had a nice talk about the Disney Stores. Everyone I work with goes backstage when they are on vacation, including my managers.

Coree

mkt and monorail256 are both correct. I've worked at TDS for several years and on trips to WDW always go to Company D. I've purchased items, talk to the CMs there, and never had any problems. You can't randomly wander around backstage, but it's no problem to go to Company D. I'd definitely recommend hitting Property Control (you can sometimes find some great deals) and stopping by the Company D store in the Disney University on the way. The Company D store at that location is much larger than the one in the Studios and if you can only get to one that's the one I'd recommend. Have fun!

2much2do

Originally posted by mkt

any CM who does not have business backstage is not allowed backstage (ie.. you don't have to be working, say... coming in to use the Disney Learning Centers, or to talk to a manager regarding an issue at work). However, any CM with a Valid ID can go to Company D (and property control). Not just WDW CM's.

Okay, so is going to Company D business enough to be allowed backstage on an "off" day? And why do they make such a big deal out of not being allowed backstage when you aren't working if they let Joe Schmo Disney Store CM there anytime? A friend of mine just got a "discussion" for being at Pride Rock on her "off" day!!!

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by 2much2do
Okay, so is going to Company D business enough to be allowed backstage on an "off" day? And why do they make such a big deal out of not being allowed backstage when you aren't working if they let Joe Schmo Disney Store CM there anytime? A friend of mine just got a "discussion" for being at Pride Rock on her "off" day!!!

They make a big deal if you go there to "mingle." As for the cast cafeterias... they are only supposed to be used by CM's who are scheduled to work. If you're in the parks on your day off, you can't go backstage unless you have business backstage. If you want to eat, you have to eat onstage. Thems the rules.. lol. That doesn't mean we follow them. But those are the rules.

2much2do

Thanks for clarifying. Guess the best place to get away with this type of thing would be MK. It's so big and managers generally don't come out of their offices, besides, they really don't care too much over there. Too bad my friend was at AK!

monorail256

Original Poster
Originally posted by ImaginationHost
Anyone know the prices of One Day tix at company d?

Oh, also, what other cool things are available at Company D?

Can you buy tickets there? I didn't think you could. I was told if I wanted to buy tickets at the castmember price... I would have to buy them 2 weeks in advance through the cast portal or something like that.

Things they sell in company D.. well haha. I was really dissapointed with it. They sold a lot of crafty things that weren't even Disney merchandise. They do sell some 'cast exclusive' pins, posters, pin lanyards... they also sell pens, watches..videos/dvds and other misc. things.

Its not what I thought it would be.. but it was neat to see.:)

mkt

Premium Member
they do sell tickets at CM prices.. generally the discount isn't that good. Imagine not paying sales tax.. that's the discount usually... like $5 off

TURKEY

Originally posted by ImaginationHost
Anyone know the prices of One Day tix at company d?

Oh, also, what other cool things are available at Company D?

I think the 1-day, 1 park ticket is $45 and maybe some change.

mkt

Premium Member
all prices include tax... limit is 15 each per week:

1 day 1 park

Guest Ages 10 and Up -- $49.85
Guest Ages 3 - 9 -- $40.26
----------
4 day park hopper

Guest Ages 10 and Up -- $199.37
Guest Ages 3 - 9 -- $160.07
----------
5 day park hopper

Guest Ages 10 and Up -- $229.09
Guest Ages 3 - 9 -- $184.04
----------
5 day park hopper plus

Guest Ages 10 and Up -- $257.85
Guest Ages 3 - 9 -- $207.05
----------
6 day park hopper plus

Guest Ages 10 and Up -- $286.61
Guest Ages 3 - 9 -- $230.04
----------
7 day park hopper plus

Guest Ages 10 and Up -- $315.37
Guest Ages 3 - 9 -- $253.06
----------
Annual Pass Certificate

Guest Ages 10 and Up -- $353.69
Guest Ages 3 - 9 -- $300.97
----------
Florida Resident Annual Pass Certificate

Guest Ages 10 and Up -- $286.60
Guest Ages 3 - 9 -- $243.46
----------
Florida Resident Premium Annual Pass

Guest Ages 10 and Up -- $382.46
Guest Ages 3 - 9 -- $324.95
----------
Florida Resident Seasonal Pass

Guest Ages 10 and Up -- $181.16
Guest Ages 3 - 9 -- $154.32
----------
Premium Annual Pass

Guest Ages 10 and Up -- $468.73
Guest Ages 3 - 9 -- $398.76
----------
other ticket discounts....

50% off water park admission at the gate

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom