1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Compact camera

Discussion in 'Photography and Video' started by Mr Ferret 88, May 18, 2017.

1. Mr Ferret 88

Mr Ferret 88 Situational swearer Premium Member

Howdy Y'all
    I am contemplating trading in my Eos-m for a mid to high end compact camera. wanting to cut down on the whole lenses space issue. Looking at a powershot G9x MK2 .
    Thoughts,alternatives.

TIA

2. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

Looks a good choice, I'd also consider Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 V

Mr Ferret 88 likes this.
  3. thomas998

thomas998 Well-Known Member

I've bought the RX100 for my wife, and while it is nice to be able to carry it in your pocket I do miss having a bit more zoom on it. If I could repurchase that camera again I would probably get the RX10 instead, it is basically the same camera with a longer zoom and you just trade off with a bigger size camera... Wife didn't want the bigger camera at the time but I think now after her trying to use it on numerous school activities she realizes she would probably rather suffer with a larger camera than one that doesn't zoom enough. Not sure how much you are willing to spend... the RX100 is about $1000, the RX10 will be closer to 1300 or 1500 depending on which version you get (one has a much longer zoom the other a constant 2.8 aperture but a shorter zoom)... all the RX's are 1 inch sensors so you get decent quality shots but they do suffer a bit in low light due to the the smaller sensor size.

Mr Ferret 88 and fractal like this.