Comments on NYE experience at WDW

rcsnyder1

Original Poster
Below is my some highlights from our trip. Would like to hear from anyone else on how their experience was:

1. We went to AK in the morning. I didn't think it was too busy for being NYE. No wait for KRR. First time we went to Nemo Musical. I thought it was great!

2. EPCOT was very busy. There were long lines to just get in. Wonders of Life was not busy. I asked a CM if it was going to perminately close after the Holidays. He said that it would open again from Thanksgiving to New Years again. They use the pavilion throughout the year for banquets, etc. I personally think it is a waste of space. I would love for them to put something great in there. Wouldn't it been nice if SORIN went in there, so THE LAND wouldn't be so congested?

3. We had a late lunch at Chefs de France. The food wasn't horrible, but it wasn't special at all. We want to eat at each country and France is one of the ones we never ate at. For $30 a plate. I we weren't impressed at all. In fact, our counter service food was better. Does anyone else feel this way about Chefs de France or did we just not have a great one time experience?

4. It was the first time we got to see The Living Seas with Nemo. We had seen Talking with Crush several times before. Crush is awesome. A breakaway hit for Disney. We did like the new ride, but it isn't incredible. If that was it and there was no Crush, I think the pavilion wouldn't draw many people after the newness of the ride wears off. What do you think?

5. It was our first time at Pop Century. Like the resturants, we would like to eventually stay at each resort. We thought Pop Century was a tad nicer than the All Star Resorts. The food court/store is nicer. I also heard a rumor when Pop Century opened that the bus transportation was very bad. We thought they came very quickly. I also think that you don't have to wait as long since there is only ONE stop at the resort. Many of the other resorts have to stop at multiple bus stops within the resort that takes more time.

6. We then went to MGM for the rest of the evening. No lines to get in. We didn't think it was terribly busy for NYE. We thought the Countdown there was very nice. They had a stage in front of the hat with a band and DJ. The firworks were very nice, in sync with popular songs. The finally was to "Let's Go Crazy" by Prince. (Prince is my all time favorate artist, so I'm a little bias about that!) It didn't take us long at all to get to the buses and they had plenty to get everyone out quickly.

7. Ok. So here are a few things we were alittle let down about:
a. we just purchased season passes for 2007. I purchased them a few days ago over the phone. I told them that we were coming for NYE, so I would pick them up then. They assured me that I could pick them up at Pop Century. When we checked in, they said I had to go to Conseorge (misspelled). I went there, they said I would have to go to Guest Relations in front a of park. We did that, they printed out tickets for us, but since we weren't using them until our next visit, they are really useless and we need to go back to guest relations on our next visit and get new ones. No one really knew what to do. I believe it is just poor training.
b. On our way back from MGM to Pop Century, the bus driving took a wrong turn and I believe really got LOST! She ended up clear on 192 past Animal Kingdom Lodge. We were off property! It was hillarious, but not funny at 1:00am in the morning after being at the parks all day.
c. there were a few places where we noticed alot of trash around and not picked up. The inside of Body Wars wasn't too clean. Had alot of shoes marks, etc. on the walls. We did take most of the trash because of the huge crowds.

8. In summary,
a. for the thousands of people they had to deal with over the past several days, I still think Disney does a great job. Most CM were very nice. I can't imagine dealing with all those people and all that comes with it.
b. it was very busy, but to me, not unbearable.
c. the food at pop century food court is very good and I believe very reasonable. Think about it, you are getting a nice variety and pretty good quality food for about what you would be paying at a fast food joint. Even in the parks, I believe the counter service food is not too expensive.

P.S. We always love watching Stacy on TV doing her countdown of top attractions at the parks. We think she is totally funny and cute. Anyone else think the same? Does she do anything else? They really should utliize her more.

crazydaveh

Sounds like you had fun. I bet the bus driver was tired or something and didn't realize where they were going.

Did you ever get your passes?

lpet11984

Our experience at Chefs du France was alright- enjoyed conversing with our waiter and learning a bit about the food/wine choices, but the food wasn't all that stellar.

We too enjoyed Pop Century- the theming, the food court, and the store are all very well done. The only part we didn't enjoy was staying in a room too close to the stairwell and people going up and down at all hours. The tye-dyed cheesecake was SO good!

Can't say I share your opinion of Stacy...I liked what they had back in 1999/2000 more. She just reminds me too much of those too cheery show hosts you see on the Travel Channel. I favor having the information over the whole "top 10" ideas, although I see the reason for formatting it like that.

Thanks for sharing- sounds like you had a great time!

rcsnyder1

Original Poster
We will be picking up our tickets the next time we visit, which will probably be next Sunday. My best friend is running in the Disney Marathon. I was going to run with him, but I signed up too late.:(

surfsupdon

Our meal for 7 at Les Chefs on New Years Eve of 2004 was downright terrible. And our waiter was from Italy and spoke Italian so he wasn't fun at all. French is the only other language I can speak, and the one vacation we plan "the French restaurant" we get stuck with an Italian waiter.

This meal was one of my all time biggest dissappointments EVER at Disney. So, no, you aren't alone with a poor review of Les Chefs.

Thanks for the report; I've always wanted to go to Disney during Christmas and New Year's. I disagree with you on Wonders of Life...I believe it is an awesome place and should be opened throughout the year.

"Thanks for Soarin' with us."

Scar Junior

Sounds like you had fun. I bet the bus driver was tired or something and didn't realize where they were going.

Did you ever get your passes?

Or possibly drunk? :eek:

Thanks for the report. I totally share your sentiments on Chefs de France. Same with the food court and shop at Pop being better than All-Star. I only stayed there one night but liked the resort alot. Do you think you'd stay there again?

rcsnyder1

Original Poster
Scar Junior. I would definitely go back. I have now stayed at all the ecomomy and moderate resorts. I haven't stayed at:

Grand Floridian
Polynesian
Contemporary
Old Key West
Saratoga Springs
Boardwalk Inn
Yacht and Beach Club

As you can see, I will need to save up my money and go when I can get some Florida discount rates!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom