Comments on Caribbean Beach?....

disneydancer2

I've stayed at Carribean Beach a few times and it is one of my favorites. It makes you feel like you are really on a Caribbean Island with the white sand beaches and colorful decor. I love how they separate it into little Caribbean villages. Port Royale has good food that's not too expensive. Check out the main pool too..Its lots of fun!

Have a great time! :wave:

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I've stayed here 11 or 12 times. It's the absolute best.

Do a search for surfsupdon and youll see very recent posts about what I had to see about Caribbean Beach, my last trip being this past christmas.

you will absolutely love it, every aspect!

Upvote 0

GoofyMike29

surfsupdon,

2 questions

where in the carribbean beach is the best to stay, which building?

also where in jersey are you located? i have a house in wildwood crest

peace

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Martinique and Trinidad North are the closest to Old Port Royale with the main pool and food court. Trinidad South is basically off by itself. I've stayed at Trinidad North and Barbados and other than the slightly longer distance from OPR to Barbados, I didn't notice much difference.

I really love this resort.

Upvote 0

AdLibSean

I agree. It's a beautiful resort; wonderfully themed. We stayed there this past July. The food court area isn't bad at all- but my only two complaints were that resort is so big and spread out that you have to do a lot of walking to get somewhere. They do offer a resort shuttle service to get you around the resort, but we never waited to catch it. Another minus for me was that since the resort was so big, it had SO many bus stops. I know I'm being picky, but it got kinda obnoxious when you were raring to go in the morning, or you just wanted to get back to your room to sleep. It took FOREVER b/c of all the stops. Who knows- you might get lucky and get a room close to all the action. Either way, you really can't go wrong here.

Upvote 0

pooh071567

We stayed at this resort on our very first trip to WDW and loved it. Our room faced EPCOT so in the mornings we would open the curtains and look at Spaceship Earth. Definitely put me in the Disney mood. We stayed on Martinique...probably the best island to stay on. First on and off the buses.

Have a wonderful time and let us know how you like it!!

Upvote 0

slinger

I hate to be the only negative in a sea of positives, but I'm afraid I must disagree with the previous posters. My wife and I stayed in the Carribbean Beach Resort the week of Mar. 4, 2001, and we hated it! We would definitely not stay there again. The main problems were as follows:

1. Our room looked and smelled dirty. To be fair, at the time they were remodeling much of the CB resort, and they hadn't got around to our building yet, but nevertheless our room sucked. The carpet was dirty and had stains all over it, the bathroom area was so small it was almost unusable, and we had to complain in order to get laundry service.

2. Not knowing what we were getting into, our room ended up being on the island on the exact opposite side of the lake from the main area where the food court, shops and pool were. If we wanted to go there in the mornings it was a ten-minute hike across the middle of the lake.

3. Due to the fact that this single resort has six or seven different Disney bus stops (one for each island), you're guaranteed to have long bus rides anywhere you want to go. My favorite was the time the bus river picked up in front of our island and proceeded to make two complete circuits of the six or seven islands before leaving for the park. I don't know if he forgot that he'd already made one pass, or what.

Anyway, I heartily recommend that people stay away from this resort.

-Robert Hildinger

Upvote 0

kennedy

We stayed at the CBR about three years ago, and found it, overall, to be nice. I would, however, agree wholeheartedly with the comments about the bus stop. However, one of islands is always the last to be picked up, and the first to be dropped off. I just can't remember which stop that is. I would recommend calling the concierge, asking him that questions, and then making a room request for that island. You would then avoid entirely what I see as the one down side to the resort.

Upvote 0

EchoOfOphelia

I love the Caribbean Beach, we've stayed there the last two trips we've made to DisneyWorld (two years in a row).

In response to what the previous poster said about the rooms being dirty, we were there the exact same week he was, however our room had already been updated and changed over. The rooms are very clean now and we've had no problems. Maybe that is why there were totally redoing them.

The first time we stayed there we were in the Aruba complex, which was a little far from Old Port Royale, but certainly not more than a 5 or 6 minute walk. If you like to walk, the resort is beautiful! Take a walk anyway! Last year we stayed at Trinidad North which is RIGHT next to the resort and I liked it a lot better. You could just run over when you needed anything and we bought the resort mugs so that we could run over and get a drink for free whenever we wanted to. Just a word of advice, ask to not stay in Trinidad South, its off in the middle of nowhere.

All the buildings are a different color, everything is very tropical, its a lot of fun. Old Port Royale has good food for a decent (decent for Disney anyway) price. Shopping is right there, and the main pool. However, each "island" has its own smaller pool which is nice because kids are always in the bigger pool, so the smaller pools gets you away from that.

The entire resort is situated around a very pretty lake and there are "beach" spots with hammocks and volleyball nets and the like, which are really nice. Take advantage of that. Its really nice to lay in the hammocks at night.

I hope you like the Caribbean Beach and please keep in mind that even the best hotel in the world is going to have someone that doesn't like it. The majority of us, I'm sure have been very very happy with this resort. Enjoy your stay!:wave:

Upvote 0

Parrotheadlois

We're looking forward to going in July. We were supposed to be there last October, but then they closed for rehab and we were upgraded :)lol: ) to AKL, but I still wanted to try CBR! So off we go again!!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

A slight thread drift........

Lois,
Are you Parrot Head, as in Jimmy Buffet (which would explain the longing for CBR)

or

Parrot Head as in Mary Poppins' umbrella??

(originally I was thinking of everyone's favorite nanny, but then the other occurred to me. Just curious)

Upvote 0

DisneyWonders07

When we go to Disney on April 12th, we're staying at the Caribbean Beach resort for the first time! I'm sure it's as wonderful as you all say it is, and I can't wait to get there! I'll make sure to post my opinions on it when I get back (don't worry, my opinions WILL be excellent:animwink: )!

Upvote 0

Parrotheadlois

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
A slight thread drift........

Lois,
Are you Parrot Head, as in Jimmy Buffet (which would explain the longing for CBR)

or

Parrot Head as in Mary Poppins' umbrella??

(originally I was thinking of everyone's favorite nanny, but then the other occurred to me. Just curious)

Jimmy Buffet! I never thought of it that way, but you're right, I just love the Caribbean! what better way to do a little "wastinaway"!

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I get frustrated when people complain about the size of the moderate resorts, particuraly Caribbean Beach. A "resort" is not a hotel, a resort is spread out over beautifully and exquisitively landscaped land, as opposed to everything being on top of eachother in a single building, like in a hotel. The beauty of the CB is walking aorund the lake, over the tropical islands, around all the flowers and parrots and over the wooden bridges.

The best building, room specifcally, where we have stayed for almost all of our 12 trips to CB is Aruba anywhere from 5256--5260. It is the only place that offers an unobstructed view of the lake and overlooks the colorful area of Old Port Royale and the Marina. Second story too.

Every sinlge room has been fully renovated, and they are amazing now, so much better thanbefore. They really did a bang up job. Kudos!!

So for all you complainers who dont wanna walk far for whatever reason, stay at the Dolphin or Swan, actual "hotels," granted not Disney owned. Or even the deluxe resorts seem cramped for space compared to moderates.

Upvote 0

Parrotheadlois

We spent 4 nights at the moderate Port Orleans Riverside (Magnolia Bend) and felt the same way. It was just beautiful, peaceful, beautifully landscaped. Looking at the CBR pictures, looks like it will be a similar experience. We're really looking forward to it.

We're planning at staying at Martinique, but you're making me think about Aruba!

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Hey Parrothead--

We stayed once at Riverside when it was Dixie Landings and liked it a lot as well, very peaceful and beautiful. The only problem we had was the theming, though exquisite, it was not tropical, not florida-esque. That's why we love CB!

Martinique is not that bad a place to stay, all island villages are great. My family would never stay in Matrinique, however, because of its proximity to Old Port Royale. Everything is too close and the wlak is real short. But if that is what you are looking for, then stay.

But ARUBA, specifically rooms 5256--5260 as I previously mentioned, have what we consider the absolute best views. Also, to get to the CenterTowne, you cross a wodden footbridge, walk through a peaceful island in th center of the lake with towering bamboo, parrots, caribbean steel drum music, and tropical plants and flowers and finally over another wooden bridge that crosses a nature sanctuary of flamingos, many many birds (that always eat seed out fo your hands) turtles and other aquatic animals. It is only a 7 min walk TOPS and is the most beautiful to do early morning or at night. The ligting everywhere is gorgeous and mood-setting at this Resort.

Wherever you choose, the Caribbean feel of tropical plants and laid back atmosphere is everywhere, but our personal preference for the best view and overall great time at Caribbean Beach is in Aruba, lakefront, 2nd story 52 building!!

Have a GREAT trip at Caribbean, you will love, love it!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom