Coming I-10 west from New Orleans...Detour Advice

Snoballego

Hello Folks from west of Florida,

I remember the recent hurricane wiped out some of the bay bridge. How is traffic routed now? And what kind of delays should one expect? Any short cuts or routes to minimize delays?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Snoballego

Toughbug63

Debbie, I remember him but I think we hung out in different circles in high school. That was a while ago.

And we don't fly because it is a bit expensive when combining the cost of the trip in there also.

Upvote 0

DizWiz

My wife and I are natives of Louisiana (me from Metairie/Bucktown area and she from Harvey), but we live in the Orlando area now. We've lived here for ten years. We're actually going back to New Orleans for Mardi Gras--haven't been there for Mardi Gras since '99. We make at least two trips a year back home to see family and friends.

It's funny how times change...I used to come to Orlando to vacation at WDW, but now I spend all my vacation time going to New Orleans. Although, I do spend most of my weekends out at WDW :)

I hope everyone has a safe trip down here. Wave to me as you pass me on I-10. Have a great time!

P.S. Rummel Class of '89 (me) and Archbishop Blenk Class of '89 (my wife, Tammy)

Upvote 0

frazierle

Just fyi - a co worker with me whom is going also for Mardi Gras was planning to split his travel day driving to Lake City Friday, then the rest on Saturday. He called to make reservations in Lake City and could not find a room because of the Superbowl in Jacksonville. A couple of places that had rooms but wanted a 3 night minimum. Wanted to let folks know hotels may be scarce in that area if you plan to split the trip.

John Ehret '85

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom