coming Feb 26-March ^ shorts ? airport taxi

lollypopj

Coming from canada :sohappy: Feb 26 .March ^ Is it $ to get a cab to Kissimee hotels . Comfort Inn on 192 ? Should it rain? Do we need sunscreen ? Shorts ? Is Typhoon Lagoon warm water? Is Chinatown in Kissimmee safe on 192?? Ideas to keep kids busy on the plane (10 & 12-girls ) :confused: :lookaroun

The Mom

Premium Member
I can answer SOME of your questions.

1. I don't know...I always drive.
2. It will probably rain at least once during your trip.
3. Definitely need sunscreen!
4. It's currently 75 degrees in Jax...at least 5-10 degrees warmer at WDW. I'm going in 2 weeks, and will be bringing both shorts and a swimsuit.
5. The water is heated, but the air is not!
6. I'm not familiar with Chinatown.
7. Mine always listened to books on tape (with player & headphones) read, played cards, did crossword puzzles, worked on needlework (might not be able to anymore)and drove me crazy! ;)

Upvote 0

NowInc

I can most certainly confirm the facts that Mom has posted...

It WILL be shorts weather,...it most likley will rain at LEAST once, Sunscreen is a must here all year round..not just when its warm...

In a pretty vauge way of answering some of your other questions...Orlando and surrounding areas are decivingly unsafe. Meaning that its not always a good idea to go to "new places"...Tourists are easy targets...

Upvote 0

lnmjameson

Check the book "The Unofficial Guide To Disney World". I found it extrememly helpful with our visit. We just got back on Martin Luther King day.

My parents joined us. They took a bus from the airport to the hotel. It was about $17.00 a person. Maybe a cab would be less is there are a few of you.

Have a blast! It was a wonderful vacation!:animwink:

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by lnmjameson

My parents joined us. They took a bus from the airport to the hotel. It was about $17.00 a person. Maybe a cab would be less is there are a few of you.

Have a blast! It was a wonderful vacation!:animwink:

I agree with you! If there are several of you in a group,it's sometimes cheaper (and a lot faster) to take a cab or LIMO. Once when we were staying at the Marriot World Center, there were 5 of us going to MVMCP. The bus fare was $5/person each way....a limo was about $10 more for all, and brought us to the front gate; then we had a number to call when we were ready to go back. It was much more convenient than planning our evening around a bus schedule!

Upvote 0

Craigw

I can highly recommend www.happylimo.com.

We used them back in August 2001 and felt like movie stars. Not expensive and a great start to the holiday. It's a very welcome treat after a long flight.

We got a taxi back to the airport when we leaving and that cost MORE than the limo.

:veryconfu Figure that out.

free drinks from the fridge, television, and all the other limo stuff. GREAT!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom