Coming back to the magic....

Hi all!

So after making my first ever trip to Disney and the United States. We have booked our next trip...

23rd Feb we arrive.

As a newbie I was wondering what you could recommend.
I hear there is a flower festival at Epcot?

I am not a fan of rollercoaster so haven't been on that many rides. What rides would you recommend. Last time I went on:

Buzz lightyears space ranger spin
Expediton Everest (hated every second)
The great movie ride
Haunted mansion
It's a small world
Jungle cruise
Kilimanjaro safaris
Living with the land
Pirates of the Caribbean
The sea with memo and friends
Soarin
Spaceship earth

I can deal with rollercoaster if it is only a bar that goes over your waist and doesn't go backwards.

I saw a few shows
Philharmonic
Little mermaid
Beauty and the beast

What do you suggest for a Disney beginner :)
Thank you
Lilo

mf1972

the frozen ride in epcot is the hot ticket now if u want to try & get a fast pass for that, as well as the newer version of soarin (also in epcot).
the toy story ride at HS is also a lot of fun. it spins, but nothing too crazy. you can probably go to many of the disney sites online & see what u might prefer.
we only went to the F&G festival once, but enjoyed it. very colorful.
hope u enjoy your trip. :)

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

Welcome to WDWMagic. Gosh, it's probably a whole lot easier to list the rides you should skip. IMO (after over 40 years of visiting WDW) you should try to see everything at least once. Then if you don't like something, you can skip it in the future. And you really need a long stay to see and do everything.

Since you don't really like rollercoasters, and hated EE, skip Rockin Rollercoaster at DHS, and Space Mountain in MK. I'd recommend that you try the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Big Thunder Mountain. They're coasters, but no loops, corkscrews or going backwards. Even kids enjoy these.

I really hate rides with huge drops, so I avoid Tower of Terror ( but go through the queue at least once, for the theming. There's a chicken exit you can take just before you board the ride - just ask the CM). Funnily enough, while Splash Mountain has one large drop, I actually love it. It's one of the best themed, most entertaining rides at WDW. Don't let the look of that drop scare you off - it's not nearly as bad as it looks.

The only other ride you might want to skip is Primeval Whirl. It's a coaster with over the shoulder restraints because it spins as it goes around the track. Not scary, but it's really jerky, and it's done in my back a couple of times.

The Flower and Garden Festival doesn't start til March 2. Epcot will be beautifully planted, and on the weekends there will be concerts and gardening seminars.

Upvote 0

PrincessRiot

Original Poster
Thanks mf972 and Minnie Mum.

This is my second trip and I'm a big kid. We have 3 weeks this time and annual passes so booking fast passes as soon as we can. Really wanted to try Snow White but last time we were there in November we couldn't even get fast passes :(

We have also booked The Ohana character dining and just managed to get a table at the Be Our Guest restaurant who has been. How are these?

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

Hi OP: Glad you are returning to the US and to WDW:)
We have eaten at BOG for lunch, and loved it. The total atmosphere of the castle is just amazing. Loved everything about it and the food was very good too. You'll have a great meal. I have not eaten at Ohana yet, so no help there. You might try Columbia Harbour House for quick service. They have very healthy and delicious entrees.
I agree with MinnieMum. You should try all the attractions (except for the roller coasters), and you might be amazed at something you thought you wouldn't like but turned out to love.
We will be at Disney from Feb 2 to the 16, so just before you guys. Never been that time of year but are only about 5 weeks out now. Yea!!!

Upvote 0

mf1972

never tried ohana, but heard it's good. we've done both lunch & dinner for be our guest. both are good, but it's the decor & atmosphere that blows most people away.

Upvote 0

Bacon

Hi all!

So after making my first ever trip to Disney and the United States. We have booked our next trip...

23rd Feb we arrive.

As a newbie I was wondering what you could recommend.
I hear there is a flower festival at Epcot?

I am not a fan of rollercoaster so haven't been on that many rides. What rides would you recommend. Last time I went on:

Buzz lightyears space ranger spin
Expediton Everest (hated every second)
The great movie ride
Haunted mansion
It's a small world
Jungle cruise
Kilimanjaro safaris
Living with the land
Pirates of the Caribbean
The sea with memo and friends
Soarin
Spaceship earth

I can deal with rollercoaster if it is only a bar that goes over your waist and doesn't go backwards.

I saw a few shows
Philharmonic
Little mermaid
Beauty and the beast

What do you suggest for a Disney beginner :)
Thank you
Lilo
Wait you say "your" favorite Attractions from last time but it's your first time to Disney

Upvote 0

belledream

Ohana and Be Our Guest are both great restaurants to really "feel" the spirit of Disney. (FYI, Ohana only has characters at breakfast, so I assume you've got a breakfast reservation). BOG is one of my favorites at all meal times of the day. Have fun!!

Upvote 0

JimW

Premium Member
Wait you say "your" favorite Attractions from last time but it's your first time to Disney

She's asking for suggestions for her second trip. To be honest, I also misread it the first time. :)

Upvote 0

Bacon

She's asking for suggestions for her second trip. To be honest, I also misread it the first time. :)
images%2Farticle%2F2016%2F05%2F31%2Fshamecube.gif

Oh i read it wrong

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom