Comcast Could Buy Disney

MouseRight

Interesting commentary on the Comcast deal:

http://www.forbes.com/columnists/2004/02/13/cx_pp_0213disney.html?partner=yahoo&referrer=

My comments:

Plus - Let the animators do their jobs and empower them....

Minus - They think that with their experierence in programming (e.g., E! Channel, QVC) they can fix Disney & ABC's recent slump. I don't think so!!

Minus - 1st Priority will be to launch new cable channels. HUH? Talk about not focusing on the right things.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt assuming that this entire week has been a whirlwind of activity and stress. But......

prisoner

Originally posted by DME
Does anyone know how a hostile takeover occurs and would Comcast do such a thing?

The basics of a hostile takeover are basically "buy or control enough stock to replace the board". This doesn't necessarily require you to buy 50% of the voting stock, just enough to control policy.

Would they? I don't know, but from their proposal so far I'd say the answer was "no". The original proposal was financing the purchase with Comcast stock (Disney shareholders would get Comcast stock), and a hostile takeover would take cash. They've also indicated they're not willing to up their offer, but that could just be part of their game right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom