Comcast Could Buy Disney

General Grizz

Anyone see the Disney stock this morning?

WOW.

I have no clue what Comcast has to do with Disney. I got a call this morning from the wife of a Walt Disney Imagineer who seemed to be half-shocked, and somewhat optimistic - - only because this meant the end of Eisner.

I really don't know what to think.

imagineersrock

my goodness this is huge.. my gut instinct was NOOOO!

however, if comcast's proposals are tuthful -and only if they really are- then this would be an amazing thing.. -bringing life back to animation, imagineering, the parks.. wooow.. one can only imagine the possibilities.

as much as i would like disney to be its own company, if comcast could do this well, -and i mean WELL.. i don't think i'd be all so against it.

:confused: i'm kinda scared right now.. just need to wait it out and see what happens from here.....

cherrynegra

Anyone who thinks Eisner is going to leave ever so gladly out the door is sadly mistaken. He has his vision for Disney, and especially with the returns from last year's financials, I'm sure he feels he is in a position to fight. I'm sure he's in a raise-the-drawbridge-we're-in-for-a-long-seige-at-the-castle kind of mood.

cherrynegra

Everything I've read so far says no comment from the savedisney camp. However, I did run across something with Gold saying he was initially against it. I'm sure we'll get more comments once the dust settles and everyone looks at what's on the table.

testtracker

If I had to choose a company to take over disney, than one of the last i would want to would be comcast. At the local store, you have to wait hours to get a remote control fixed or replaced. The digital cable here is a ridiculous price and their customer service is just plain horrible where I live. The kind of people you would worry about taking your money. thats all :zipit:

ISTCrew20

This still makes me sick. Comcast will NOT do all that is says with Animation and Parks. Do they think it's that easy to come in, and change everything? What makes them think Disney hasnt been trying to do the same exact stuff, making more B&TB and LK films, and making more creative rides?...That is the job description of a large majority of the company, and they have all been trying to pull it off...But it must be tons easier for a company who knows nothing about that stuff to come in and do it all correctly.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Wow, shocked to hear this news. Actually, my History teacher knows I like Disney a lot, so he was on the internet during his lunch break and found an article on CNBC Business news or something, and he printed it out and brought it to me while I was sitting in Science class!:lol: (it was nice to know what was going on though)

If this means Eisner's removal, and if Comcast can live up to what they say (sprucing up the parks) and bringing back traditional animation, I think I may enjoy the change. But to tell you the truth, I really don't know if this is a good idea or not right now. Steve Burke, Comcast president, is a former president of Euro Disney, so he should know what he's doing. I'd like to see what Roy and Stan have to say about this though.

Terp02

Is anyone here a VERY LARGE shareholder? Or know any of them personally? Cause we need to stop this train wreck from happening.:confused:

Has anybody wondered if Roy could be asked to run the company if Comcast takes over or if the shareholders want him to?:veryconfu

Gregory

They see their chance- everyone's at war in Disney, and it seems both sides are up for the merger... So, they can easily come in, and take over the whole company... They're going to be looking out for themselves, so Disney doesn't stand much of a chance...

Blizz

One thing everyone is forgetting is, this is big biz. It doesnt matter if you know how to run a theme park or draw a character. Its can this company make me money if I buy it out? Comcast just sees this as their time to strike. They have obviously waited until the perfect moment since Comcast knew they wanted disney since Dec. and Jan.

KRZ4WDW

My stomach dropped when I heard this. If this happens, I fear for the future of the company (especially the Theme Parks).

Please say it ain't so. :(

Terp02

According to my friend who reads The Economist, the FCC probably won't let this go through, but honestly, who knows?

According to CNN.com, Comcast's bid is now $54 billion.

I'm really confused because I thought it was supposed to be $66 billion. Anyway, I hope this is a sign that it won't go through.

djmatthews

Originally posted by Terp02
According to my friend who reads The Economist, the FCC probably won't let this go through, but honestly, who knows?

According to CNN.com, Comcast's bid is now $54 billion.

I'm really confused because I thought it was supposed to be $66 billion. Anyway, I hope this is a sign that it won't go through.

Some of the figures you see include the debt they are buying, some don't.

MouseRight

Originally posted by isnet396
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4239739/

...maybe its not so bad?

There's an old saying - "I'd rather deal with the devil I know than the devil I don't know"

Disney must remian independent to preserve the legacy and heritage and quality, etc, etc. Roy knew it in 1984 when he brought in Eisner and Wells and he has to know it now. Everyone, including Roy, should rally around Eisner, "Save Disney" as an independent company, and plan for Eisner's succession.

This will truly "Save Disney" Let's hope all can put their ego aside and do it. Let's remember folks - This is a cable company (e.g., poor customer service, lack of attention to the details, the E Channel, etc.) trying to buy Disney. They wil be in charge and I don't like the sound of that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom