College Student Discounts?

tractorm3

Original Poster
the title says it all. there are so many local and bigger vacation getaways that offer a considerable college discount i was woundering if Disney did any thing like that? i tried a few different key words on there website but didnt turn up any thing!

Thanks for your help!

DisneyJoe

No college discounts, no senior citizen discounts.

Mostly annual passholder, florida resident, military, and AAA.

See mousesavers.com for a list of all possible Disney discounts.

Jesùs_Carioca

ha...

they barely offer cast discounts on park tickets

But they do offer free passes for fellow guests and family members, which the number you receive increases as the amount you work for the World does.

I don't think they do offer college student discounts. If they did, I would so be over that like nobody's business. But again, it's not as if I have any "official no" on it.

But they do offer free passes for fellow guests and family members, which the number you receive increases as the amount you work for the World does.

I don't think they do offer college student discounts. If they did, I would so be over that like nobody's business. But again, it's not as if I have any "official no" on it.

Yeah, just become friends with a manager and you can get in almost everyday!

Shere_Khan

I don't see how they could without it being fairly difficult to verify. I still have my College ID and there is no dates on the ID as to when I went to school. I am graduated and could probably still use the ID for discounted things if I wanted to. The picture is only from 2 or 3 years ago.

Jesùs_Carioca

Yeah, just become friends with a manager and you can get in almost everyday!

Haha, it sounds like the equivalent of a US native for citizenship.

but I won't lie, being able to go to Disney over the right to vote? Some choices I'm happy that I don't have to make.

Yeah but what about the blackout dates, the fact they expire, and the small limitations on persons admitable.

well, of course. DisneySaint brings up a good point. There are always little things here and there.

Piebald

At UCF they sell Disney tickets for (I think) 45$ and like 35$ for Universal except I just wait till March where they let the UCF students go for free.

These are for students only though.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
the title says it all. there are so many local and bigger vacation getaways that offer a considerable college discount i was woundering if Disney did any thing like that? i tried a few different key words on there website but didnt turn up any thing!

Thanks for your help!

Bigger than Disney ? :lookaroun

I don't see how they could without it being fairly difficult to verify. I still have my College ID and there is no dates on the ID as to when I went to school. I am graduated and could probably still use the ID for discounted things if I wanted to. The picture is only from 2 or 3 years ago.

:eek:

primetime52

College Discounts at Disney??? Not a chance in Hades.

Trust me, if WDW offered college discounts I would be the first to know. I've been out of college for a year and I still use my expired student ID to get fraudulent discounts every chance I get.... Oh the joys of cheating the system.

Rob562

Well, they accept a student ID from a Florida college for Florida Resident discounts, even if your permanent residence isn't Florida. So that's one possibility.

I seem to recall that the AMC movie theater at Downtown Disney had a student discount ($2-$3 off), but that's most likely AMC's own pricing rules and not Disney.

As for college IDs, I work for a university, and they recently removed the title "Staff", "Faculty", etc from our IDs. There's nothing indicating any kind of standing with the university, whether employee or student (though I don't know if the actual student IDs are the same design). If I wanted to, I could probably use it as if it were a student ID everywhere else *but* my university.

-Rob

At UCF they sell Disney tickets for (I think) 45$ and like 35$ for Universal except I just wait till March where they let the UCF students go for free.

These are for students only though.

Yeah, here at UCF its $45 for a one day, one park ticket and you can't add MYW onto it. Also, I'm pretty sure the student union ran out of disney tickets. Last time I checked there was a notice saying they were out.

ImaYoyo

Yeah, here at UCF its $45 for a one day, one park ticket and you can't add MYW onto it. Also, I'm pretty sure the student union ran out of disney tickets. Last time I checked there was a notice saying they were out.
What do you mean you can't ad MYW onto it? Magic Your Way is the branding name of all tickets. Do you mean park hopping?

Anywho, as far as cast members... what's the complaint? Maingates only have blockout dates on the days most cast members WOULDN'T want to go anyway, and if you have a silver pass, you could technically get in approx. 1,080 guests during the course of a year. Not too shabby if you ask me... :shrug:

And even if you have a blue maingate, you could get in 36 people on that, plus your 4 comp tickets, plus your holiday celebration ticket, plus united way tickets, plus anything your local area gives away.

Shere_Khan

*sigh* People are so quick to point out your mistakes here. At least I use capitalization and punctuation and it can be understood. That is normally all that I ask for when reading people's posts. Heaven forbid a word is used incorrectly while chatting on a message board!

HRT+3

It struck me odd that even though my DH is a veteran...we don't get the military discount b/c we're NOT from Florida...although when he was in the Airforce that's where he was stationed.

BSikor

They used to have a spring break deal. I don't know if they still offer it. I know I used to organize a trip from my college every year. It was a one day/one park ticket that included free admission to Pleasure Island in the evening. Again, this was seven or eight years ago so I don't know if they still do it. They didn't advertise it and the info was pretty well buried on their website. Keep and eye out and ask once March and April show up.

Rob562

It struck me odd that even though my DH is a veteran...we don't get the military discount b/c we're NOT from Florida...although when he was in the Airforce that's where he was stationed.

Active military personnel, their families, DoD employees and military retirees have always been able to purchase discounted tickets over at Shades of Green (even if you're not staying there). Military discounts aren't done through the Disney ticket windows.

Unfortunately, these discounts aren't available for veterans, just active and retirees.

-Rob

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
*sigh* People are so quick to point out your mistakes here. At least I use capitalization and punctuation and it can be understood. That is normally all that I ask for when reading people's posts. Heaven forbid a word is used incorrectly while chatting on a message board!

Sorry, I just found it funny. No harm meant! :wave:

HRT+3

Active military personnel, their families, DoD employees and military retirees have always been able to purchase discounted tickets over at Shades of Green (even if you're not staying there). Military discounts aren't done through the Disney ticket windows.

Unfortunately, these discounts aren't available for veterans, just active and retirees.

-Rob

Man I wish I had known that...we just spent one and a half hours on the phone with Disney with a woman who couldn't speak English well,who didn't understand how to process just tickets, and spent about $1100 (full price) b/c I was calling there to make ADRs so figured I'd buy tickets while I was at it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom