College Program Questions

brittany3

Original Poster
I'm attending a campus presentation on Oct 1st for the college program. My sister is also attending the presentation with me. What are the chances of both of us getting accepted?

joanna71985

I'm attending a campus presentation on Oct 1st for the college program. My sister is also attending the presentation with me. What are the chances of both of us getting accepted?

Chances are pretty good for being accepted. As long as you are in good standing with your school, are at least 18, have completed at least 1 semester there, have a good personal record, and apply early enough (this is the one that most people get declined on), you should be fine. Good luck to both of you!

brittany3

Original Poster
k thank you!

I have another random question. If I have a car would it be a good idea to bring it, or would flying out probably be the better option?

Also, how diffucult is it to get into specific roles? Like I'm interested in working in a hospitality role at one of the resorts. How likely am I to get into that?

joanna71985

k thank you!

I have another random question. If I have a car would it be a good idea to bring it, or would flying out probably be the better option?

Also, how diffucult is it to get into specific roles? Like I'm interested in working in a hospitality role at one of the resorts. How likely am I to get into that?

If you can bring a car, BRING IT!! It makes everything so much easier.

As for roles, it depends on how many people they take and how early you apply. The earlier you apply, I think it is easier to get one of your top choices.

Bug715

k thank you!

Bring your car! You can use to bus to get to work to cut down on gas money but its nice to have a car and not have to rely on the buses.

The hospitality roles are the most popular and for the most part only go to people who have previous experience. The College Program Recruiting staff are really good at gageing which role you belong in. When I applied I wanted Vacation Planner and got Merchandise and I thanked my recruiter last semester for putting me there because I loved it. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me; this is my second semester being a campus rep. Good luck!

krueg66

Has it really become that easy to get in??? When I went in '98 they took just over 3000 of us out of well over 15,000...

I guess the cheap labor is too good to pass up!!!

Bug715

Has it really become that easy to get in??? When I went in '98 they took just over 3000 of us out of well over 15,000...

I guess the cheap labor is too good to pass up!!!

They don't take just anyone. I don't remember the numbers but there is a large amount that don't get in. I don't know anyone who doesn't but I really don't know any people who wouldn't be good to work at disney and most of my friends are from my program or recruiting.

khelinski

Bring your car - no ifs, ands, and buts. You will enjoy yourself - can venture where some can't (like Old Town, 192, Universal, the beach, stores, everything and anything).

brittany3

Original Poster
another question..

on the role checklist, how many roles do people usually check? I have a few that I would really like to do and others that I wouldn't mind doing, should I check them all?

joanna71985

another question..

on the role checklist, how many roles do people usually check? I have a few that I would really like to do and others that I wouldn't mind doing, should I check them all?

Only pick roles you feel comfortable doing. You don't want to take a chance that the one role you don't want, will end up being the role you get. My recruiter recommends picking 4+ roles. This helps your chances of being accepted.

brittany3

Original Poster
sorry about all the questions..

I'm thinking about doing:
hospitality
full service food and beverage
attractions
merchandise
vacation planner

does anyone know if some of those are better than others or does it just depend?

joanna71985

hospitality
attractions
merchandise
vacation planner

does anyone know if some of those are better than others or does it just depend?

Well, that would depend on you. Some people love a role, and other people hate it. And vice versa. Out of the ones you listed, I have done merchandise. It wasn't that bad. And I loved working in a park (I worked mostly in Fantasyland at MK).

jiminy.cricket

hospitality
attractions
merchandise
vacation planner

Well for some roles it depends on where you work. I enjoyed working in my area, but I think no matter where you work you'll have days where it just seems redundant.

I know for hospitality you could be doing either front desk, luggage, or both. Full-service food and beverage you'll definitely be in a seater position for the entire season, and may have some interaction with banking. Merchandise you'll work with the register and cash and Merchantainment; I think that would be good for building sales skills. Vacation planner I know works with ticketing so you'll learn all about different packages, but I don't really know much else about that position. I did quick-service food and beverage and attractions. My attraction was a lot of fun (and I was a fan of the ride), and of course got redundant at times. You may be involved with standing, working with buttons, announcements, and dealing with a lot of angry people. It really depends on where you are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom