Collaboration. A MUST read for any would-be Imagineer

cookiee_munster

wat about.....

a land called "Mythical England"? this would contain stuff about dragons, stone henge, the beast of bodmin e.t.c a BIT like the dragons section at IOA.

woofboy111

I'd be happy to be part of this thing. The only park idea that I have right now is a midievel waterpark (tell me if you want to know about it), but I have plenty of ride ideas that could fit into almost any theme.

Jimengland

Sorry to add ANOTHER park idea but how about Disney Movies park so have all the rides and areas are from their films. For example Main St. could be replaced by the Beauty and the Beast village with the Beasts castle at the top and the Cathedral from the Hunchback of a side street (all French areas). Other things could be a circus area for Dumbo, a creepy wood for Sleepy Hollow and the cave of wonders containing a fast carpet ride rollercoaster.
What d'ya think?

Chad

Original Poster
Cookie_munster, I was thinking about a 1700's England as a future land-to-be with things like vampires and werewolves, along with a sherlock homes dark ride, something were the riders are involved with solving the crim, finding the clues through the ride, then putting them together at the end...

The civilization idea is almost exactly as I envisioned land of legends, different regions, celebrating their cultural stories, The arichetecture would be amazingly fun to design :) But, do you want me to put Civilizations down as a voting decision?

Anyways, keep it cool guys, and make sure all your pencils are sharpened, because as soon as friday rolls around, Phase II begins....Mwahaha!

Here's how Phase II is gonna work,
1 We'll brainstorm up 4-5 lands for this new park, and vote on them.

2 Take one land, and think up attractions for it, voting on them.

3 Draw up concept art, ride plans, etc.

4 repeat with the other lands

Obviously this will take quite a bit of time, and thats why I need people who are willing to check back often. Most voting will eventually start taking place in 4 day increments, please E-mail me, or just post a message if you'll be unable to vote for some reason :) All voices will be heard if I have anything to do about it :)

Here are the Current Standings:

Disney's Civilizations
Disney's Medievil Water Park
Disney's Utopia
Disney's Land of Legends
Disney's Shadowlands or Dark Kingdom (evil magic kingdom)
Disney's Elements Water Park
Voting to start Friday September 28!!!! Get your ideas in!

DisJosh

Well I love you legends park idea........so lets just keep civilizations as an alternate name and keep the idea along the same lines. I know the architectur should be interesting! I've got tons of stuff I need to get on paper! Cant wait for the decision!

DisneyKid

You can definately count me in :D

I can't wait to vote and get started on this project!!

I love all of your ideas, and, I am still unfortunatley hooked on the villains idea. But all of your other ones are soooo great that it is going to be a very tough decision. I would also like to contribute a park idea.

Here is my idea:

A park revolved around ToonTown. You could have such areas as: ToonTown street, Storybook Square, Character Courtyard, and Animation Avenue.

Well, those are just my daily contributions. Hope it helps!!:p

space*mt*ranger

i just got an idea for a park,a scifi city type park that revoles around the future and sc-fi & jule vern and other authors sc-fi storys, kind of like a whole park of tommorowland,i will not put out any ideas i have or this park so if this is the one choosen everyone can put out ideas on it,this park would be surely a park for the whole family and an e-ticket!

wagner92

Well boys, I guess I will throw my hat into the ring. Chad-- have you checked out my site yet? www.geocities.com/wagner92_83/shadowlands/
It has two land name designs and a quick thumbnail of the entrance to Paris with architecturally correct buildings from the 16th century. I will suggest this for the park idea. Shadowlands... but not the exact same as my version. However, it could be a park with all the animated movies represented in it. Not necessarily only the villians. This kind of a park could incorporate all of the ideas so far in some way. For example, if you recall from my Shadowlands idea... I had lands with each villan, and they also had: Egyptian pyramids (Jafar), a Mayan temple/pyramid (Yzma), 17th Century pirates (Hook), Ancient Greece (Hades), Paris (Frollo), London (Headless, Cruella), Angkor Wat (Shere Kahn, Kaa), as well as the Forbidden City (Shen-Yu). These are actual historical locations... and they were already all represented by villians... all we have to do is add in the good guys too. I vote for the original Shadowlands idea, or the modified version which represents all the animated heroes and villians.

wagner92

And by the way, please give me credit if you use any of my ideas from my Shadowlands post... I am getting increasingly paranoid as the time approaches for my personal interview and meeting with the casting director of Walt Disney Imagineering, which was set up by my contact. Thanks.

Chad

Original Poster
Yes, yes, yes, don't worry wagner, you will be glorified for all your Ideas. Afterall, no-one EVER came up with the idea for an Evil Magic Kingdom Before you, and basing a roller coaster on Alladin? That's completely unheard of! I will make every effort to ENSURE that everything even mentioning something you thought up all by your little old self is copyrighted.

On a less sarcastic note.
I guess I should have made a disclaimer that any and all ideas that are submitted here belong to no one person, the group working on this project is one collective person, Infact, perhaps we should make a name for ourselves? SOJI-Society of Junior Imagineers? Any more * Imaginative* names?

Anyways, Current Standings:

Disney's Civilizations
Disney's Medievil Water Park
Disney's Utopia
Disney's Land of Legends
Disney's Shadowlands or Dark Kingdom (evil magic kingdom) (The above mentioned is Copyrighted Wagner92, 2001)
Disney's Elements Water Park
Sci-Fi/ Jules Verne Theme park
Disney's Movie Magic Theme Park (Sorry Jim,England but the name 'Movie Magic' Seemed to fit the park, it doesn't have to be an official name)

Voting to start Friday September 28!!!! Get your ideas in!

WeirdOne

Hey...

Count Me In...

I Would Like To See Us Come Up With A Westcot Idea or even something like Wild Magic Kingdom...

Also, I hate it when every junior imagineer puts big six flags coasters in disney parks. Disney doesn't do that...pllease be realistic. We aren't going to see a 300 foot coaster named Yeti in Animal Kingdom EVER...please put realistical and not unrealistical idea in this please...

The WeirdOne :D

wagner92

Hey Chad, want to take this outside? :mad: ;) That's ok. All I meant was that the specific details of the rides, not the overall idea. Granted, there are several rides in my park that have been touched upon by others... Tarzan (Copyrighted, Edward Burroughs, Disney, and wagner92), Sleepy Hollow (Copyrighted Washington Irving, wagner92), etc. It is not a good idea to have this be a melting pot of ideas. Trust me on this one. Everyone needs to have credit for their own idea. (Idea of own ideas copyrighted wagner92) So when everyone comes up with the park concept, we need to divide it up into parts. That way, we actually get something done. I don't know if I can do it... I am pretty busy. But if any of you fellas want to get anywhere, you will need a resume, and by making sure everyone gets credit for their ideas, its all good. And Chad, if you are done being snippy, you would've noticed that I proposed another park too. A park that celebrates the animated Disney movies by bringing them to life. Imagine the streets of Agrabah, Hades Underworld, the ruins of Atlantis. Call it Disney's Animated Park for now. Chad- my previous post was making a POINT about how the general Shadowlands idea can also include the land of legends and not be just about villans and NOT about what I have thought of. (This post, font, wording, word order, idea for WDWMagic forums, idea of Disneyland, idea for Aladdin ride, idea for Mickey Mouse all copyrighted wagner92) Just chill Chad. Stop taking everything I say as being sarcastic. I'm just trying to be open. Let's all just get along here. But this has been a good exercise in diplomacy since I am one of those weird geeks, a jock that can draw. I'm like a fish out of H20 here. Let's all hold hands and sing Friends. Here are some smiles for everyone: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Chad

Original Poster
I do owe you an apology. I was rather mean last night when I wrote that, but I was in a bad mood, so accept my apology. I am determined to make this a melting pot, Thats why I wanted to sort of come up wit h a name to represent ourselves, instead of individual people. I mean, when you go on ToT, it doesn't have credits at the end telling who made what, it is done by the IMAGINEERS, in one collective group, thats what I want here. Sue me for trying to do something that shouldn't work, or is theoritically impossible. Also, I didn't view this as something to add to my resume, which is what I think you meant in your last post, I'm not organizing this to put in a portfolio, I'm doing this for fun. All art work will belong to seperate people, but noone can claim Ideas. When you vote today, You are binding yourself to that agreement, and you officially become part of SOJI (But someone, please come up with a better name then that!)

Oh, wagner, sorry, your Idea will be added into the vote, I sorta wrapped your movie idea in with the other movie idea, seeingh as they were similar, but I'll seperate them.

Chad

Original Poster
OK! VOTING IS STARTING THE POLL IS NOW ON A THREAD TITLED SOJI VOTING ROUND 1!

No more ideas are being accepted for theme parks, be sure to join in for phase II.

DO NOT POST ANY MORE ON THIS THREAD

Believe100Years

This is Fantastical!

:king: I think these plans for the park is wonderful!!

This is my first day on here and I love it!

I want to help with the "show" and entertainemnt aspects:
-parades
-evening finale's
-costumes
-fireworks

Parade IDEA: "Sparkle, Shimmer & Wonder"

Count me in guys!!!

Cheers!
Marshall Edgar M.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom