Coffee!

polynesiangirl

Original Poster
Hey gang, question for you:

I'm a fairly new coffee drinker (blame this on finally caving in on one of my many sleepy mornings at work.) But, I'm a bit picky -- where on WDW property do you guys find has the best coffee? (I'm not really into coffee-esque drinks...just plain ol' coffee is my favorite, but I prefer stuff that is strong and fairly good quality.)

Any fellow caffeine addicts have favorite spots to get their fix? :lol:

Yellow Shoes

The overwhelming favorites are the pressed pots of Kona and Kenyan at the Polynesian and Animal Kingdom Lodge, respectively.

Be prepared to pay for your pleasure, however--$7 per pot.

campdisney

If you're staying on grounds, avoid the coffee dispensed in the food courts. All they offer is nasty Nescafe :hurl: . Most gas stations have better coffee.

luna99

what about that coffee place at MGM studios?

it used to be fashioned after the book store on the tv show "Ellen" but now it's just a little coffee shop.. they have books and chairs in there to relax in and serve coffee, cookies, and pastries.

I've never had the coffee there though but my family likes to take a little break in there and relax.

LpMcQuack

Another vote for Kona.............also ask about their Kona Frappacino, CM was kind enough to make this for me one morning after suggesting it, was told it can be made by asking for it at the Kona Cafe......pricey but soooooo worth it!:slurp:

Scooter

The Kona Cafe at Disney's Polynesian offers 100% Kona coffee.

They also offer 100% Kona coffee beans for sale but it isn't cheap.
I liked the coffee so much that I insisted we buy some grounds to go.

I ended up paying $35.00 for a 12 oz Bag of the stuff.:eek:

Now I buy it on the internet and it's delivered to my home for a much better price.

Foolish Mortal

Add another vote for Kona. Also try Ghirardelli at the Marketplace. For my next trip, I'm planning on bringing a bag from my favorite local convienience chain so I can be guaranteed at least 1 good cup a day as opposed to that Nescafe slop. Not that I'm a coffee snob or anything, but Nescafe is the worst coffee I've ever drank.

Tiggerfanatic

DD (17) is a cuppacino and latte fanatic - she's already marked all the locations that offer these and is planning on trying them all (There go all our snack credits!!) I figure the caffeine buzz ought to last her through Christmas!!

27 days from right now I'll be walking through the gates at Epcot!!:wave:

lawyergirl77

Another good place for a great cup of coffee after dinner is at Raglan Road. It was the first cup of non-press-pot coffee that didn't taste like swamp at WDW! :slurp:

polynesiangirl

Original Poster
Wow, guys! Thanks much for all the replies. :sohappy:

Kona coffee *is* so good. I've never had it in WDW, but I have had it in Kona itself. Brought back a LOT of coffee last time we went to Hawaii. :) I forgot that they have that over at the Poly (the horror! Forgetting about the coffee at my favorite resort!) I will have to make a point to stop there.

Well, we're down to one more measly day before we leave! Too bad I drank so much coffee this morning at work, now I can hardly concentrate and I'm practically bouncing off the walls!!! :p

Tiggerfanatic

Well, we're down to one more measly day before we leave! Too bad I drank so much coffee this morning at work, now I can hardly concentrate and I'm practically bouncing off the walls!!! :p

Yeah, yeah - blame it on the coffee!! I know I'll be bouncing around my last day at work, and I don't drink the stuff!!:lol: :lol: :lol: WOO-HOO 27 more days!!

polynesiangirl

Original Poster
Hahaha, oh, I know...I haven't left yet for work today (we leave tomorrow! Holy cow! :eek:) and thus have not had coffee yet and I'm definitely already flipping out.

27 days for you? It'll go fast. I always feel like it's taking forever while waiting fo our trip and then suddenly it's like, I blink and it's time to leave (and, for the millionth year in a row, I haven't packed yet, haha.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom