Coca-Cola Store at Disney Springs

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I know all fountain Coke is supposed to taste the same, but one time a lady told me that McDonald's fountain Coke tastes the best. I didn't think much of it at the time, but that comment stuck in my head. From there on I always payed attention to the taste of any fountain Coke I got, whether from McDonald's or wherever... I can say now, I definitely agree with her, McDonald's does have the best fountain Coke.

BUT I was surprised at how good WDW fountain Coke is. To me it is nearly identical to McDonald's... Something about that fizzy fountain Coke that just washes down your food so well haha.

Sry if this is off topic, just thought I'd throw it out there.
They chill and filter the water to the right temp which melts less ice and helps keep the carbonation level optimal.

lazyboy97o

I really doubt this would be much like Atlanta. None of the other World of Coca-Cola experiences have survived.

Who told you its 'supposed to taste the same'? It isn't and it doesn't. It can vary greatly based on the amount of syrup vs water, the amount of carbonation, etc.
Of course the soda is supposed to taste the same. While the strict enforcement element is now gone, the idea that a brand would want inconsistency is silly.

peep

I had no idea this was coming to Disney Springs. I really loved the Atlanta one, that bear meet and greet is amazing <3

Anyone have an idea of when this is due to open?

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Yeah, this looks way too small to be a full World of Coke experience. I wouldn't doubt that it's set up exactly like it is in Vegas. Large retail area, a place to buy samples, and a M&G with the polar bear. But I would love to see a little museum or something like it in there as well if they can pull it off with the space.

mm121

did they rip off all the white foam insulation from this building?
thought this was one of the buildings built with the foam blocks

The Vegas one offers the samples, but charges for them on a tray
197398_680072487340_3816285_n-2B-600x402-.jpg

So I expect it will be similar at Disney Springs. Epcot offers samples for free and the DS is mainly merchandise and a small amount of sampling which is charged for.
charging for them on a tray is way lame, trying them from the fountains with the ability to go back to the ones you wanted to repeat was like the best part

do the retail stores sell the sodas from around the world in cans or bottles? when i went as a kid in Atlanta before it moved i dont think it did.

OliveMcFly

I didn't know Coke was building a store in DS. Looking forward to seeing it. I'm surprised Disney hasn't brought a Hershey store in, like NYC. I live close to Hershey, PA and Chocolate World would fit great in Disney, I think.

JEANYLASER

I love World Of Coca-Cola Experience at Disney Springs awesome! I can't wait! I wanted to know is Who made this announcement about the Coca-Cola Experience at Disney Springs?:confused:

Last edited:

dstrawn9889

using the layout of the OLD WoC as a reference, you start on the top floor and work your way down to the shop, that has a one way from the exhibits... so the outer ramp would be the start of the 'tour'

halltd

No. The foam blocks are still there...now covered in brick. The white that you see up behind the top level of scaffold where the guys are working is the foam you're asking about.

World-of-Coca-Cola_Full_26476.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If they used what I think they used it is a product called ICF (Insulated concrete forms). The forms are set up then filled with concrete. They are then covered both inside and outside with the finish of choice.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Here is what the contractor said about the project on their Facebook page...

"Done! Our Turning Leaf Construction team has completed the Insulating Concrete Form scope of work at the Project Sunshine project in Disney Springs. 2 and a half levels of ICF walls with structural steel embeds and CIP concrete beams and cantilevered concrete decks. Using the 8-inch core ICF from Fox Blocks. We wil post pictures as the building is completed...wait until you see the final look - it will be amazing. Another top-quality ICF job completed by our Turning Leaf team. Excellent work guys!"

disney4life2008

I know all fountain Coke is supposed to taste the same, but one time a lady told me that McDonald's fountain Coke tastes the best. I didn't think much of it at the time, but that comment stuck in my head. From there on I always payed attention to the taste of any fountain Coke I got, whether from McDonald's or wherever... I can say now, I definitely agree with her, McDonald's does have the best fountain Coke.

BUT I was surprised at how good WDW fountain Coke is. To me it is nearly identical to McDonald's... Something about that fizzy fountain Coke that just washes down your food so well haha.

OMG yes!!! I live for McDonalds fountain coke. It is the tingle in the back of your throat. Other places like BK and Wendy's that sale coke products sometimes is flat. And while freestyle coke is the rage, often all the flavors never work and is flat.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Still wondering if this will have any impact on Club Cool at Epcot since its basically a smaller version of this?
I doubt that. I would bet that it would be a different experience or something on a much grander scale. As long as Sprite is there then we are cool.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes, that is what they are using. The contractor has been putting up pictures as they built this. A couple recent pictures show the interior..

https://www.facebook.com/turningleafco/photos/pcb.951727078226487/951726151559913/?type=3&theater
The next house I build will be ICF.

I have a couple builders I work with that use it and the energy calcs they can get are just insane. It is not uncommon to see a 4000 square foot house with an AC system and power bill of one half its size.

Last edited:

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
The next house I build will be ICF.

I have a couple builders I work with that use it and the energy calcs they can get are just insane. It is not uncommon to see a 4000 square foot house with an AC system and power bill of one half its size.

A former coworker used them to build his home in Iowa years ago, he was able to primarily use a heat pump to keep his home warm in the winter as opposed to a full furnace and only used the gas furnace occasionally when it got extremely cold outside. The insulation factor alone makes it a fantastic building material especially in very warm or cold environments.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

http://hubpages.com/food/Why-does-Diet-Coke-taste-better-at-Mcdonalds

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom