Coal for Christmas?

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
Would you ever or have you ever given your child coal from Santa for Christmas?

If your child is having serious problems listening or behaving around Christmas, have you ever considered "putting them on the naughty list?"

I just want to know how others handle this situation. It is purely out of curiosity. I don't even have kids yet. 🤣

But I have wondered a couple times why my older brothers kids get Christmas presents from Santa when they have been fighting all December over silly things. My other nieces and nephews are well behaving kids so it would never be an issue with them. But my older brother's kids.....dang. They say you get kids that treat you the same way you treated your own parents and if that's the case, he is in for a wild ride.😂😂😂

Thanks for your opinions!

lovedug

My kids get their fair share of punishments, and I might hold Santa over their heads (even did that creepy Elf on a Shelf with my youngest after her K teacher had one). However, ultimately I would never withhold gifts from Santa for Christmas. I think that would ruin Christmas for me as much as for the kids.

The Mom

Premium Member
If you think about the true meaning of Christmas, any transgressions your children committed should be forgiven, and gifts should be received. But maybe not until Epiphany. ;)

And let's not drag the possibility of their future revenge into it! :eek:

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
If you think about the true meaning of Christmas, any transgressions your children committed should be forgiven, and gifts should be received. But maybe not until Epiphany. ;)

And let's not drag the possibility of their future revenge into it! :eek:

I like this! Forgiveness feels like a safe loophole to misbehaving kids. Like, Santa forgives you for hitting your brother because he knows your sorry and won't do it again next year.

macefamily

There is a "coal candy" out there. It's actually a black licorice molded into nuggets that look like chunks of coal. I don't know what's worse, coal or black licorice....can't stand it.

KikoKea

No, we never withheld presents as a punishment because we try to emphasize Christmas as the birth of our Savior...despite the pile of presents under the tree.:happy: But, we never went crazy with expensive toys or presents, and encouraged our children to earn or help pay for some expensive things they wanted- just a way to help them appreciate things.

I've always told my boys that I loved them "no matter what" and I truly meant it. We handled any discipline separate from Christmas, and we always assured them of our love, even if they messed up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom