CMs: how bad/good is tipping at WDW restaurants?

Jaly05

Soooo not an answer to your original question, but just an interesting little tid bit I learned recently. It's actually illegal for a company to prohibit conversations with co-workers about their pay: The National Labor Relations Act says that employers cannot prevent employees from discussing wages and working conditions among themselves. The idea is that employees need to be free to organize, and preventing them from discussing these topics would prevent them from organizing.

However they CAN prohibit talking with others outside of the company. Im sure that's the case with CMs.

Having been in management for big companies I was shocked considering the lengths they go to to teach us never to ask about kids, religion or anything of that nature but thought nothing of having us tell employees to never discuss pay.

However you weren't asking how much they were getting paid, just whether the tips are better, worse or the same given the number of foreigners who visit from places where tipping isn't customary. I thought was a pretty innocent question and I became curious myself. Mostly because I'd probably tip more if I knew tipping was worse.

I grew up in ft lauderdale and have lots of friends who worked at bars or restaurants. I've seen how hard it is from difficult and rude people to just how crazy it can get. Because of that I tip 20% because it's easy but will tip more whenever I can and the service received warrants it.

NonnaT

The people on here are generally a good group, but heated discussions do take place. But I find debate to be healthy. On that other board, they lock things up instantly if there is even a slight disagreement. The mods here are very cool in my experience.

And check out my June trip report for the gay factor. That hasn't been locked yet although one person on here tried hard to make that happen. I think he may have been banned by now.

;)
Hi Buddy! Loved your TR! Lol... Different thread, I know!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom