CM pranks?

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
Original Poster
One time when i was in MK and we waited about 45 minutes to ride JC. We FINALLY got there and a skipper said: How many? and me and my mom said 11. Yes we had alot off people! Then she said ( the Skipper): Oh, I'm sorry, you wont be able to ride today. My moms face dropped! :dazzle: She said what, and i was like , Guys we cant ride! After a minute she said, Just Kidding! SO my kmom was like. If you didnt say that i would have freaked!!

So i conclude this story with: Has any CM pulled a prank on you?

ImaYoyo

All the time. But my favorite is one I do to DW almost every week. When I stop by to visit her at work (Capt Jacks at DTD) I stop by the podium and ask if they have room for 40. Some poor CP always gets wide-eyed and says "let me talk to the manager". She comes out ready to prepare a guest for a 2 hour wait and then sees me...

She doesn't much like that one.

westie

I always get the,"A reservation for whom? Are you sure it was for tonight?" Then the CM's laugh and I lose my appetite...

iheartdisney91

hmm.... yeah but im not sure if its a prank but when my mom brother and i were in the HM by our selves the HM CM's were extra scary and extra... hmm.. whats the word... "crazy" ? cuz the 3 of us were thier targets. especially in the foyer. and in the stretching room she said "GET YOUR RETCHED TUKIS (sp) OFF OF MY WALS!!!" she was sturn.hahah LOL
it was fun:animwink:

Josh Hendy

Years ago when we visited Haunted Mansion for the first time ever, DW was amused by the gloomy face on a CM working in the area where you get on the Doom Buggies, so she made a funny face at him. He didn't react at all, but right after we were loaded, this evil-looking clawed hand reached around from beside the buggy, and poised right in front of her face. Did she scream! The rest of the ride felt tame after that.

ChuckFromCanada

Parrothead & Disney Fanatic.
Last summer we were at HM and the ghost host saw there was only me and my wife and another couple in the lobby it was almost closing time and she and fellow CM's were joking around a little out of character and said with a cheerful laugh " oh get in the elevator" we all laughed it was fun and nice to see the break in tradition and the nearly private ride was awesome.

Jesùs_Carioca

My friend who works on photopass/crowd control at Magic Kingdom would always tell me stories of how when the first batch of people would come into the park in the mornings, sometimes they pretend that whole sections of parks are closed off that day.

Literally, they'd all shout "We're sorry, but Adventureland is closed for the day for refurbishing" and start waving people off. And then, of course, give the beautiful "Just kidding"

One i experienced a long time ago was at the tower of terror. Of course the castmembers there are supposed to scare you, but usually they'd take the whole "spooky haunted mansion" way out of it. One time, one of the cast member's acted as a paranoid junkie who freaked out and jumped at everything, and he'd always repeat himself and pretend he's wiping the sweat off and he'd keep repeating numbers and get all shaky "yess, row five...five...five....and six now..yes...six...six...six... six six six...AH!"

and then when he sits us all down, he goes to some sort of switchboard and says "um...ladies and gentlemen, don't worry...there's...there's nothing wrong...just...um..." and he starts pacing back and forward in front of the door for what seems like forever, and it sounds like he started crying when he shut the door.

Hahaha, oh man, i swear if half of the ride didn't start laughing when those doors closed, i would've peed my pants at the ripe age of 12 right then and there.

Dwarful

Our group was getting ready to board the LibertyBelle Riverboat (official name??) (our first and only time riding this ride) and there were 13 of us including children, all of whom were in St.Louis Cardinals tshirts. The CM's announced that they would begin boarding the boat for all guests "Except for that crazy mob of Cardinals fans, all Mets and Cubs fans will be assisting you to your proper seating area...over the side of the boat!" Our youngest thought they were serious, but we all had a good laugh about it.

JML42691

...One i experienced a long time ago was at the tower of terror. Of course the castmembers there are supposed to scare you, but usually they'd take the whole "spooky haunted mansion" way out of it. One time, one of the cast member's acted as a paranoid junkie who freaked out and jumped at everything, and he'd always repeat himself and pretend he's wiping the sweat off and he'd keep repeating numbers and get all shaky "yess, row five...five...five....and six now..yes...six...six...six... six six six...AH!"

and then when he sits us all down, he goes to some sort of switchboard and says "um...ladies and gentlemen, don't worry...there's...there's nothing wrong...just...um..." and he starts pacing back and forward in front of the door for what seems like forever, and it sounds like he started crying when he shut the door.

Hahaha, oh man, i swear if half of the ride didn't start laughing when those doors closed, i would've peed my pants at the ripe age of 12 right then and there.
Wow...that is quite funny.

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Guest: "Where are the nearest restrooms?"

Co-worker at Epcot: "The Magic Kingdom."

That is hysterical!!! I have another one!

We were at HM and there were 6 of us i think and we all started walking in and all of sudden the hall to get in the stretchuing room got dark! Then the workeer says: Your time has not come! and made this look! I screamed and ran out. I was frweaking and when we were walking in for the REAL time he kept looking at me and was after me and whe was in the stretching room with us! I was on the ground hiding the whole time! and to make matters worse i had to ride alone in a doombuggy and my brother and friend keprt standing and banging the back of the Dommbuggie!

jasondiff

Guest: "Where are the nearest restrooms?"

Co-worker at Epcot: "The Magic Kingdom."

I've been to WDW enough that I am usually prepared for when CMs are having fun, so I usually have some fun with them. My response to the above would be, "Well I can't hold it that long so I guess I'll just use this planter over here." Then we all get a laugh!

The one that happens frequently is when DD is with DW and I am pushing the empty stroller. It never fails that a CM will come up to me and say something like "Excuse me sir, your daughter is missing!". Then I say "Oh no!" and start yelling or running or something.
Similarly, when DD is with her grandparents, DW and I are pushing the empty stroller, and the CMs say the same thing. Then I will turn to DW and say "I thought you had her!" and get into a mock argument!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Last February DS and I were at the P&PP. After about an hour and a half, we were approaching POTC and the CM at the entrance loudly announced "As of 9PM, orange wristbands only!" :eek:

We were wearing the silver wristbands we'd been given... DS was almost apoplectic! :lol:

The CM very quickly waved us through! :D

Disney4648

Wow, these stories are horrible, not for the faint of heart. If any of these happened to me, someones getting drop-kicked and roundhoused in the face, no joke. :hammer:

Chernobog

When I worked at The House of Magic on Main Street, I used to hold the fake cockroaches in my hand and hand them to unsuspecting guests. They're so trusting when you're wearing your costume! ("Costume" being Disney-speak for "uniform" - I was not a character in the more literal sense.) One lady threw the fake roach up on top to the masks shelf behind me! It was a lot of work to get a ladder to retrieve a 25 cent rubber cockroach, so that prank came to an end.

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Last February DS and I were at the P&PP. After about an hour and a half, we were approaching POTC and the CM at the entrance loudly announced "As of 9PM, orange wristbands only!" :eek:

We were wearing the silver wristbands we'd been given... DS was almost apoplectic! :lol:

The CM very quickly waved us through! :D

What were the wrist bands for?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
What were the wrist bands for?
You get a wristband when you enter to prove you're a paying customer. After the park closes for the party they start very politely, but firmly, steering people without wristbands to the exits and checking for wristbands to ride rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom