CM complimentary ticket question

horizons82

Original Poster
Greetings to all,

My dad has been a CM for many years and in the past he has given me some of his complimentary tickets to use for park admission. These are the limited comp tickets CMs receive several times a year that are printed off from the employee HUB.

I haven't used a comp ticket in a while because I had an annual pass for a year. I no longer have a pass, and now that I want to go again I need to use the complimentary tickets that he has offered to me.

However, something new he mentioned is that now the passes have to be printed from the HUB on the SAME DAY they are being used at the park.

He said that if the comp tickets are not used the same day they are printed there is some kind of fee or something to use the ticket, so he's afraid to print them for me in advance.

If this is true I'm bummed about not being able to arrange any FPs without them, which makes this policy seem silly.

My parents are not very good with technology and I can't help but to think they saw something that maybe said there's a fee to re-print the tickets in case they get lost or something, but I can't imagine the comp tickets having to be printed and used the same day.

Hopefully someone who has recently used them or who is a CM can confirm or clarify this info and whether they do have to be used the same day as they are printed to avoid a fee.

All help is appreciated...thanks in advance.

horizons82

Original Poster
Thank you for confirming what I was pretty much thinking. It just didn't make sense to have to print the comp tickets on the same day they are used. It would make it difficult to give to people and/or for those people to link to make FP plans, arrangements. etc.

What my dad might be thinking is the expiration date as I know these tickets do expire, and perhaps there is a fee to re-instate them, but now with another voice saying they do not have to be printed same-day I'll convince him to print it off in advance.

Thanks!

cflwcast

From what we were told there will be no more paper tickets. Some cast members/operating participants were caught selling them or trading for services. Now they are being linked to their main gate and the CM must be with the person during their time at the park. That's what we were told in January.

horizons82

Original Poster
From what we were told there will be no more paper tickets. Some cast members/operating participants were caught selling them or trading for services. Now they are being linked to their main gate and the CM must be with the person during their time at the park. That's what we were told in January.

Thanks for the input, but if this is how they work now it would almost make the concept of complimentary tickets seem pointless.

I know that when CMs take and get people in on their gate/family passes the CM has to be present and the CM is supposed to accompany the guests in the park, but this had never been the case with the comp tickets, which could be used by anyone at anytime. I surely hope this is not the case...

Dasnowz

those who have been caught lost all comp privileges. I have seen nothing about taking this benefit away from cast. This is a perk and one reason many choose to work for disney. Seasonal lost comp tickets i think and seasonal maingates are based on their hours worked but I have seen nothing about part time or full time changing. Once a pass is expired there is no way to get it back. Its simply gone. They can be printed off any time and used any time before expiration. I know some who print them out then convert them to the hard plastic tickets and keep on hand so if a trip is being discussed it can be easily planned as well or if chosen to give away its easier on everyone.

Dasnowz

maingates are the ones you are supposed to accompany friends in the park with but if you maingate in family you are not required to stay with them. some cast will get older there older kids in while at work or kids will split off from the parents and go to a different park once all of them have entered.

After the initial entry into an eligible Disney Theme Park, the following guest(s) who are family members of the Employee or the Employee's spouse/domestic partner (herein after referred to as "Family Member(s)" and are at least 14 years of age are able to enjoy the parks unaccompanied by the Employee or the Employee's spouse/domestic partner:
  • Sons* and sons-in-law
  • Daughters* and daughters-in-law
  • Parents and legal guardians
  • Fathers-in-law and mothers-in-law
  • Brothers and brothers-in-law
  • Sisters and sisters-in-law
  • Grandparents and grandchildresn
  • Aunts and uncles
  • Nieces and nephews
  • First cousins

*including step, adopted, foster or temporary custody children

All other Guests not listed above must be accompanied by the Employee or the Spouse/Domestic Partner throughout the length of their theme park visit unless accompanied by a family member. Note: All Guests, regardless of relationship, must have access to a valid form of admission throughout the length of their theme park visit.

Marsha_Garthwait

OK sorry if this has been answered before but can someone please tell me if the one day park Hoper guest comp tickets need the CMS or employee their at the gate to get the family in? I know before that wasn't the case but someone said they changed it as of January? If so that sucks huge:(... please help.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
OK sorry if this has been answered before but can someone please tell me if the one day park Hoper guest comp tickets need the CMS or employee their at the gate to get the family in? I know before that wasn't the case but someone said they changed it as of January? If so that sucks huge:(... please help.

Comp tickets do not need the CM to be present. Nothing has changed.

horizons82

Original Poster
Just a little follow-up to my recently having used CM comp tickets to get into the park...

The tickets ended up being printed off well in advance of the date we used them with no problem. As long as you don't lose the tix and use them before the expiration date there's no fee or anything.

We were easily able to link the comp tickets to our MDE accounts and make FP plans within seven days of our trip.

We were able to use our MagicBands to get in (since the tix and our bands were linked in MDE), so we didn't even need the paper tix, though I had them with me just in case. Once in the park, we used our MBs to get on attractions we had made FP plans for.

Having the MagicBands allowed us to be able to link the comp tickets to our MDE account...otherwise I assume we would have had to exchange the paper comp tickets for one of the plastic card tickets at the ticket window. We were able to skip that process in this case.

No CM needed to be present when using the comp tickets...we entered the park as normal as if they were tickets had had purchased ourselves.

disney4life2008

My friend works for Disney cruise line and gave me 2 comp tickets. Yes, they are park hopper within the resort and can be used at any park worldwide except China and Japan.

My question is, when I try to link the ticket to mde it says trouble getting passport information, try again later. What does this mean? I have the e-ticket and it expires tomorrow.

Here's a question about Comp Tickets
I am a former CM, I left the company last July.
However I have about 6 comp tickets that I got before I left.
2 of them will expire in a few weeks, I'm an Annual Passholder and I have no need to use them to go to a park, and no plans of taking a trip to DL, DLPR, HKDL, or SDL in the next few weeks.
My question is can you use them for the waterparks? I don't have the AP that includes waterparks. It doesn't say no on the actual tickets but it doesn't say yes they can be used for them.
Any answers?

disneygeek90

My friend works for Disney cruise line and gave me 2 comp tickets. Yes, they are park hopper within the resort and can be used at any park worldwide except China and Japan.

My question is, when I try to link the ticket to mde it says trouble getting passport information, try again later. What does this mean? I have the e-ticket and it expires tomorrow.
While I'm not sure about your original question, are these the same comp tickets anyone working at Disney receives?
If it's a friend, would they need to be at the gate with you?

I’m planning a DL trip in November and could probably easily be able to track down a couple tickets from WDW employees if they would work there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom