Clue(do) Manor (Open Brainstorm)

Garfield Builder

Original Poster
Got this idea in my head for an attraction based on the Hasbro game Cluedo (known in the USA as Clue). The murder is not of Dr. Black (UK) or Mr. Boddy (US) or even Mr. Meadow-Brook (in fact all three are hosts), but of Black's blackmailing cousin, Lady Heather Black. The object is to find the culprit, the weapon, and the murder location by undergoing a scavenger hunt, interrogating suspects, making suggestions, and a final accusation.

Suspects:​

The Miss Scarlette, Colonel Mustard, Mrs. White, Mr. Green, Mrs. Peacock, Professor Plum, Dr. Orchid, and Prince Azure.

Weapons:​

The possible weapons are the original six plus the poison, sword, statuette, meat pounder, shotgun, and planchet.

Locations:​

The attraction is set in Hasbro-tastic Homestead with eighteen rooms, the original nine plus the Arcade, the Ice Room, the Observatory, the Gallery, the Studio, the Carriage House, the Drawing Room, the Graveyard, and the Crypt.

MickeyMouse10

Hasbro board games could be a great theme park.

Candyland, Monopoly, Clue, Battleship, Mousetrap, Twister, Hungry Hippos, Jenga, etc

Miru

Oh really? Do you have a location down, where you want to put it?
Downtown Disney sounds nice. Other than that… New Orleans Square seems pretty spooky. I could see a second murder (randomly chosen between Boddy, Black, and a few others) happen halfway through the show. Realistically… doesn’t Universal have the Hasbro license? (Potato Head is a special case because he was in the Toy Story films)

MickeyMouse10

Downtown Disney sounds nice. Other than that… New Orleans Square seems pretty spooky. I could see a second murder (randomly chosen between Boddy, Black, and a few others) happen halfway through the show. Realistically… doesn’t Universal have the Hasbro license? (Potato Head is a special case because he was in the Toy Story films)

I don't think anyone else owns Hasbro, they just lease out their characters like Peppa Pig (Legoland).

Last edited:

cdunlap

New Orleans Square seems pretty spooky. I could see a second murder (randomly chosen between Boddy, Black, and a few others) happen halfway through the show.
Maybe it could be Captain Gore’s Mansion, with some pirate spooks jumping out from behind doors with rattling doorknobs, floating pirate treasure, secret corridors lined with skulls, and a painting of Captain Gore and Priscilla in the foyer. The facade is the 2003 film manor, because we need it somewhere!

Garfield Builder

Original Poster
Maybe it could be Captain Gore’s Mansion, with some pirate spooks jumping out from behind doors with rattling doorknobs, floating pirate treasure, secret corridors lined with skulls, and a painting of Captain Gore and Priscilla in the foyer. The facade is the 2003 film manor, because we need it somewhere!
Now, you're getting it! You know what my attraction needs.

WowFactor

Hey gang, cool project @Garfield Builder brought to us huh?

Despite loving the movies (the original, and this one) and the board game variations (especially this deluxe version), I believe that murder is not a very "family-friendly " subject to add to Disney universe.

My two cents:

1) Swap murder for the theft of something magical, precious, priceless!

2) Keep the structure of 8 suspects

3) Instead of weapons, 12 creative tools used to steal the unique artifact

4) Reduce the area to only 15 places where the object is still hidden, eliminating all places that are not indoors (better ambiance control).

The PLOT would be, in short, something like: during the annual masquerade ball at the Something Something Museum the main alarm strikes locking everybody in. Oh no, somebody have just stolen the, lets say... The Black Heart Diamond (aka MacGuffin). The officers came in and because they're with few agents they ask for you to help using your cell app.

Oh! I almost forgot the Wow Factor: 5) Overlay the attraction theme using the IP ADVENTURERS CLUB instead!

Toughts?

Last edited:

Garfield Builder

Original Poster
Hey gang, cool project @Garfield Builder brought to us huh?

Despite loving the movies (the original, and this one) and the board game variations (especially this deluxe version), I believe that murder is not a very "family-friendly " subject to add to Disney universe.

My two cents:

1) Swap murder for the theft of something magical, precious, priceless!

2) Keep the structure of 8 suspects

3) Instead of weapons, 12 creative tools used to steal the unique artifact

4) Reduce the area to only 15 places where the object is still hidden, eliminating all places that are not indoors (better ambiance control).

The PLOT would be, in short, something like: during the annual masquerade ball at the Something Something Museum the main alarm strikes locking everybody in. Oh no, somebody have just stolen the, lets say... The Black Heart Diamond (aka MacGuffin). The officers came in and because they're with few agents they ask for you to help using your cell app.

Oh! I almost forgot the Wow Factor: 5) Overlay the attraction theme using the IP ADVENTURERS CLUB instead!

Toughts?
Harsh, but imaginative.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom