Club Level?

Mawg

Original Poster
To all those who have stayed in club level rooms. We typically stay in moderates and the next time I thinking of going Deluxe. Club level is just a few hundred dollars more. In the past we always order groceries, eat breakfast in the room, take water, snacks and sodas into the parks. We just pay out of pocket for one nice sit down meal a day. If you go club level do you think it is worth it? Do they have a soda fountain or bottles/cans of sodas and water that you can take back to your room? Are there enough offerings that you can cut down on the amount of meals you purchase and it becomes a savings? Do you see any other benefits?

WWWD

Thanks, the article made it sound not worth it for my needs.

We stayed club level at AKL this past January and they had a great breakfast. They also offered fruit to go. The hors d'oeuvres for lunch and dinner were varried and quite filling. They offered cans of soda, bottled water, and bottled beers (later in the day) in a self serve cooler - so you could take water or sodas with you on the way to the parks. They also offered self serve glasses of wine and a couple different spirits. The lounge was causal and it was easy to grab a beer (or two) and head back to your room.

If you are in the parks from open to close, then club level probably isn't worth it unless you plan on doing one of the special activities only allowed to club level. However, if you can get club level for only a couple hundred dollars more for a week, and you plan on being at your resort some, you'll probably make that up in food and drink savings.

Now I don't know if all club levels are equal, but that was our experience at AKL.

shuflemstr

I always stay club level at the Wilderness Lodge on my solo trips. I am not one who likes to eat alone. It worked great for me. Loved the food. Always used breakfast and dinner there. Always stocked up on beer for my room for when I would get back and the lounge would be closed.

Our experience at Poly was great. We had a light breakfast every morning. They do not provide water bottles or soda to take with you. I heard they did a long time ago and people took advantage, walking out with stacks of them! But we ordered water for our room. We did take fresh fruit (apples, bananas, etc.) to bring as snacks from the lounge. The kids would run in a grab snacks during our midday break. Our kids were little so we did not do late nights and we were able to have wine each night.
You cannot look at it as "do you get your money's worth." If that is what you are looking for, you cannot add up what you ate and find the price "worth it." We did it mainly for the room.....we wanted a guaranteed view of the castle and asking for a club level water view gave us that. And the convenience of not having to have so many snacks in our room....running to the lounge was a nice extra. My kids, even when little, are constant eaters. Even if we were eating a breakfast at crystal palace, they wanted to eat breakfast in the lounge first to tide them over. And would eat the apple or banana on the monorail. And then eat the breakfast. So having this breakfast available each day as a start was really nice. (kids were psyched to get fruit loops because we don't eat those at home!)
We are doing Boardwalk club level this summer. Hope we enjoy it as well.

psukardi

Depends on how many are in your party & how you like to plan your days.

I like it - but I don't try to get to the park for rope drop anymore. Also, I like to come back during the middle of the day for a break and maybe have a snack and lay out by the pool. Then when you get back after park closes, it's nice to go to get a snack and a drink. The chips @ the beach club are so good

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom