Club Level.. Worth the $$$??

LizC

Just started thinking about our Jan 2014 trip. It will most likely be just my husband, our 2 year old boy/girl twins and myself. Probably going to book the Boardwalk so we can walk to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. I called to look in to pricing and room options, and was told the only way to guarantee a balcony was to book a club level room. We really want a balcony so we have a place to relax, maybe enjoy a glass of wine, when the kids go to bed at 8pm. I do realize we could book a 1 bedroom as well, but my husband has a co worker who swears that the club level is amazing. I figured the best thing to do was to get the advice of the experts here on wdwmagic. :)

Has anyone stayed in the club level? What are the services? Was it worth it? Did you have time to use it, with being at the parks most day?

Thanks!

The best value as far as clubs go is he AKL.
2a3.jpg

Upvote 0

luv

Ugh, that would have driven me nuts about the fridge. A very similar situation happened to me the night before my wedding, so frustrating! Did Disney do anything for you?
They delivered two fridges. :)

I tried to tell the second guy that we had already received our fridge, but he said he had to deliver it. I was going to call and say, "Please come get this second fridge. It is in the way..." but I was so tired of dealing with those people. The next day, when we got back to the room, it was gone. Yay.

I always wonder if someone told the F&B manager that I said I wanted his fridge, lol.

I am very down on Disney's club level, but most of the time it was fine. I just figured out that I could get snacks I actually liked (and Pepsi products) at the grocery store for a whole lot less than $125 - $150/night. And I wouldn't have to use a room key in the elevator. So that's what I did.

But, again, I think everyone should form their own opinions. :)

Upvote 0

Skippy's Pal

Have stayed club level several times at both Beach Club and AKL. We don't use DDP, and in our calculation using club room food for breakfast and grabbing some sodas / waters for the park virtually paid for the extra daily cost for 3 of us in the room, with a little fudge factor for convenience, gummy bears, and atmosphere. We're not that fond of club level at AKL -- while the food choices are a little better than BC, and of course the savannah view is great, every time we've been there the "club level" room is 2 floors down and about a 17 mile walk from the concierge lounge. Ok, not quite that far, but a hike -- far less convenient than at the BC where your club level room is just down the hall from the lounge. But overall, club level is pretty addictive and for the 3 of us (couple plus adult daughter) the numbers work. We've never needed the staff for any ADR's or anything -- in the current world, not sure they could do anything we should have done 180 days prior.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

We stayed Club Level at DLR in Paradise Pier. Not completely the same, but general concept applies. If you are planning spending alot of time at the resort, then you could benefit from the snacks and drinks. But unlike a real world concierge, they don't necessarily "know" anyone who can get you a last minute dining reservation at BOG. And they may not reach out to you any where near 180 days for them to do all your bookings for you. We didn't get contacted until about 1 week out, but once again, we were at DLR.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom