Club Cool Back To Normal Yet?

Scooter

Original Poster
The last time I was at EPCOT, when I went to Club cool for some watermelon soda, half of the fountains were empty.
Most of the flavors had run out.
Are they back to normal yet?
I miss my free watermelon soda!:cry:

ilovepluto23

When I went in February they had a lot of spots saying "Please try another flavor" or something along those lines. One that used to be there was missing. Was it China's Watermelon soda? I can't remember which one was missing.

pinkrose

ilovepluto23 said:
When I went in February they had a lot of spots saying "Please try another flavor" or something along those lines. One that used to be there was missing. Was it China's Watermelon soda? I can't remember which one was missing.
I was there in late April and that's how it was then as well.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Maybe CocaCola is finding that giving away sodas that they don't actually sell in the states is not really a wise financial move? :confused:

ilovepluto23

unkadug said:
Maybe CocaCola is finding that giving away sodas that they don't actually sell in the states is not really a wise financial move? :confused:

It shouldn't be that big of an issue for them, right? I mean, Disney buys the product from them...doesn't really matter how the sodas appeal to the public. If Disney was selling them in refreshment posts or restaurants maybe it would be an issue.

Maybe Disney is realizing how much of an expense it is on their end to give away free soda! (Not like Disney can't afford it or anything...but let's face it...they MUST go through a LOT of soda at Club Cool!)

MicheleK

I was just there last week. I think we got to try four different types of soda. My kids think it's a hoot to try sodas from different countries. They think it's funny to trick their dad into thinking that some of the soda is good! :lol:

MissM

Last time I was there was early June and while a lot of the machines had "missing" flavors, if you went to the different ones, you could find pretty much all of them.

The ginger ale is the best though. Yum!
-m

Im thinking coke should make it like a test lab thing and make you try weird flavors that they are thinking about making and then have you take a survey and tell them why they are not good or are good.

ilovepluto23

coastermaster83 said:
Im thinking coke should make it like a test lab thing and make you try weird flavors that they are thinking about making and then have you take a survey and tell them why they are not good or are good.

That's an awesome idea! I hope someone who works for coke reads this lol.

Teenchy

coastermaster83 said:

I also agree, like Jones Soda Co. For those who tried them around Thanksgiving, they had flavors like, Turkey & Gravy, Wild Herb Stuffing, Brussels sprout :hurl: , cranberry and Pumpkin Pie. I poured them in small dixie cups and had my family try to guess the flavors.

http://www.jonessoda.com/files_new/turkey05.html

I think Club Cool has gone down hill, I like the old place, which was also a great place to cool off in the heat.

EPCOT_Rocks

It always surprises me the way people discuss Club Cool. People always seem to be shocked that they get free soda. I would bet that it is far more inexpensive for Disney to provide a patron with 3 tiny cups of soda then it is for them to whirl you around in a centrifuge simulating a shuttle lift-off, or raise you up 40 feet and let you fly over California for 5 minutes, or take you from 0-60 in 3 or 4 seconds....I guess it's just because everyone is so accoustomed to paying big money for carbinated beverages.

ilovepluto23

EPCOT_Rocks said:
It always surprises me the way people discuss Club Cool. People always seem to be shocked that they get free soda. I would bet that it is far more inexpensive for Disney to provide a patron with 3 tiny cups of soda then it is for them to whirl you around in a centrifuge simulating a shuttle lift-off, or raise you up 40 feet and let you fly over California for 5 minutes, or take you from 0-60 in 3 or 4 seconds....I guess it's just because everyone is so accoustomed to paying big money for carbinated beverages.

Depends on how many you drink lol.
I usually drink many more than 3. I love Mezzo Mix...it's hard to stop drinking it!:)

TheTruth

I love Ice Station Cool...or whatever it is called now. I haven't actually been to the "Club Cool" yet (going in September). I do have to say that Disney has a gnious idea on their hands. They buy sodas from other countries and then give them away. It's a nice diversion and it takes some of the bite out the lines from time to time. Hey 25 people is 25 people. My only concern is what happened to my Manzana Lift soda from Mexico. I LOVED THAT TO NO END!!! Apple Soda?!?!?!? Yes I guess it was too good to be true. The stuff they sell in Latino Stores just isn't as good. BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!

Captain Hank

There are steps being taken to try to address the shortage of flavors. Soon, hopefully, Club Cool will return to providing its full range of flavors.

monorailguy01

I went in may... and they had alll soda.. My friend even took 2 shots of Beverly (sp I think) anywho the best is by far the watermelon soda.... can't get enough of it... Im looking online to see if I can buy a case of it.. By any chance does anyone know the name of the watermelon soda by any chance?

Captain Hank

monorailguy01 said:
I went in may... and they had alll soda.. My friend even took 2 shots of Beverly (sp I think) anywho the best is by far the watermelon soda.... can't get enough of it... Im looking online to see if I can buy a case of it.. By any chance does anyone know the name of the watermelon soda by any chance?
The watermelon soda is Smart Watermelon, and is from China.

Hurricane

TheTruth said:
My only concern is what happened to my Manzana Lift soda from Mexico. I LOVED THAT TO NO END!!! Apple Soda?!?!?!? Yes I guess it was too good to be true. The stuff they sell in Latino Stores just isn't as good. BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!

Try looking for Manzanita Sol, it's bottled by Pepsi and is pretty good. You may also want to look for River of Dreams, I think it's made in Colombia. Granted since I live in Miami I can get same at Publix rather than going to an overpriced bodega

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom