1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Club 32 - Beauty and the Beast, Fantasyland Project

Discussion in 'Imagineer' started by spacemt354, Mar 8, 2017.

1. OvertheHorizon

OvertheHorizon Well-Known Member

I'm still watching this thread for comments/suggestions to my pre-show theater idea (Post #48 above). I'm seeing the new live action Beauty and the Beast movie this Friday. By Tuesday, I'm hoping to post a few more specific ideas about the pre-show.

S.P.E.W, MonorailRed and spacemt354 like this.
  2. FigmentPigments

FigmentPigments Well-Known Member

Wow! I have to say that I'm really impressed by this! :eek: I think this is an excellent pre-show and I love how how the central characters (that everyone knows and loves) will be there to provide the narration. Great job, Horizon! :inlove:

MonorailRed and spacemt354 like this.
  3. OvertheHorizon

Thanks, Figment!

4. MonorailRed

MonorailRed Applebees

Wonderful pre-show Horizon.:D Everything looks perfect so far. Can't wait to see more!:)

5. mickeyfan5534

mickeyfan5534 Well-Known Member

This preshow is amazing. I only have one note, if I may. The original animators of the movie decided not to use a storybook opening in favor of stained glass windows telling the story. Why not use that and make them change like Disney Sea's Tower of Terror?

6. OvertheHorizon

@mickeyfan5534 Thanks for sharing that idea. I'm a personal fan of stained glass (having made a few pieces over the years), so that might work. Or perhaps I could use a hybrid approach, since I've got four different "stages" on which to do the show. I'm thinking that stained glass might work well for the first and last stages.

7. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's Original Poster

Looks like the pre-show has come along nicely -- great reviews!

8. OvertheHorizon

I'm excited to see the new movie this afternoon in IMAX 3-D. I'm sure that will spark a few more ideas.

9. spacemt354

Awesome - have a great time! @Brer Oswald and @mickeyfan5534 both said they really enjoyed it!

10. Brer Oswald

Brer Oswald Well-Known Member

As long as you're not expecting a sequel you'll enjoy it! :p

S.P.E.W and spacemt354 like this.
  11. spacemt354

I'll have to go see it sometime next week!

12. OvertheHorizon

Beauty and the Beast was wonderful!

S.P.E.W, Brer Oswald and spacemt354 like this.
  13. Brer Oswald

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I was talking to my friend who is a major Disney fan, and he loved it too. It seems that mainly the Disney purists were the ones that enjoyed it, which is how it should be!

14. Brer Oswald

I just finished rewatching the original. Haven't seen it since I was really young. I finally understand the praise. It's a masterpiece. I strongly have to reconsider my Top 10 Disney films now. Although the animated version is better than the remake, I can say with confidence that the remake did the original justice. It was incredibly faithful to the story!

mickeyfan5534, S.P.E.W and spacemt354 like this.
  15. OvertheHorizon

I like both versions. I plan to take another look at the original animated one as part of my consideration of the pre-show for our attraction. When it comes to fantasy, I think I would tend to prefer the more realistic version if it is well done, versus the animated. It just come to "life" more for me, and I definitely think this was well done. Seeing it in IMAX 3-D made for a special experience. Even the end credits looked beautiful, and our audience mostly stayed through them.

Having said that, I'm thinking for our theme park project that we should rely on the look of the animated feature. It's a question I've been thinking about even before seeing the new movie.

S.P.E.W, spacemt354 and Brer Oswald like this.
  16. spacemt354

I agree with that I think the animated feature is the way to go in terms of what to base things off of. That will always be the original and one that people think of first, even though the live-action got decent reviews as well.

17. S.P.E.W

S.P.E.W Well-Known Member

I hope to see Beauty and The Beast soon; it looks promising.
    [​IMG]

spacemt354 likes this.
  18. OvertheHorizon

Fellow Beauty and the Beast attraction fauxmagineers: Do we know what scenes will/should be represented in the ride? I've heard "Be Our Guest" and the ballroom dance. The final transformation seems a likely one. What else? (We probably don't need more than four or five vignettes to make it work.) I haven't seen much activity here and thought I'd try to jump start our efforts.

S.P.E.W, spacemt354 and orlando678- like this.
  19. orlando678-

orlando678- Well-Known Member

are we planning on having all the scenes inside the castle or also scenes in the town?

S.P.E.W and spacemt354 like this.
  20. OvertheHorizon

It's a good question. One of the reasons I asked about ride scenes is to help me determine what's best to include in the pre-show. As I watched the live action movie last Friday, I thought that the focus for the ride should be on the castle, since that is where "beauty and the beast" scenes take place. Should the angry mob of townspeople outside the castle be part of the ride?

S.P.E.W, spacemt354 and orlando678- like this.