Clothing for Signature Question

zurgandfriend

Hello All,

We are now "two digit midgets" and I am doing some mental packing. We are planning at least one signature dining restaurant maybe two. My DS tells me that I'm old fashion, I don't need long pants and I can wear Short to any restaurant except V&A. I'm planning on bringing cargo shorts. So, my questions are.

1. Should I pack a pair of casual pants, e.g., Dockers?
2. Are cargo short acceptable or should I purchase a pair of less casual shorts?

Thank All

Z

Rob562

It'll probably be ok, but personally if I were going to a Signature restaurant that wasn't inside a park I'd at least wear flat front shorts and a polo in warm weather. Cooler months would be at least nice, dark jeans.

But that's just me. Although I'm a minimalist when spending a day in the parks, only bringing what will fit in my pockets, when we did a dinner at Artist Point (before the makeover to what it is now) I specifically packed changes of clothes in my backpack and stored it in a locker. We then ducked into the locker room at the WL fitness center to change before dinner. (Pool bathrooms were closed for renovations, otherwise we probably would've used them)

-Rob

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Disney encourages you to be more dressy than park attire. Ive always packed a dress shirt and pants, DW a nice dress for the " better restaurants" but every time weve looked around at other diners at tables we see guests dressed in t shirts, shorts, flip flops. Disney isnt enforcing the dress code theyve put out. Ive never dined at V&A but I'm pretty certain thats the one spot they would be critical over dress code. So other than that Id say dress as you feel like. We still will dress up better because we make certain spots feel special for us.

Upvote 0

The Colonel

These are classic tourist traps. Don't let the "Signature" label fool you. There is nobody there to impress. If you like to dress up, dress up. If you like to be comfortable, be comfortable. And above all, don't expect "Signature" food. Be happy if it's not objectionable in some way.

Upvote 0

Wendy Pleakley

Disney's guidelines on the California Grill page are pretty broad:

This restaurant is a Disney Signature Dining experience offering fine dining with a distinctly magical flair. Guests are expected to dress accordingly in attire that respects the restaurant's sophisticated and upscale aesthetic. Clothing should be clean, neat and in good condition. Please no swimwear.

Ultimately, it's a meal at, or close to, a theme park in warm weather. It's not realistic to expect people to change prior to dinner unless they happen to be staying nearby.

I don't see why cargo shorts would be viewed as being particularly less casual than other shorts.

I would just wear a polo or collared shirt that day instead of a t-shirt.

To me, a "fancy" restaurant at WDW is kind of like the rest of WDW, you're going to a simulation of a fancy restaurant. Just as I wouldn't wear clothes designed for safari, before going in the Jungle Cruise, I wouldn't feel a need to dress super fancy for a signature location meal.

Upvote 0

monorail81

My opinion is it’s your vacation. Dress in what makes you comfortable (within reason. You people know what I mean…). If you want to wear shorts and a t shirt, go for it. I would. It is an unreasonable expectation that I will change from theme park attire for a meal. To put it in perspective…I had my wedding reception at the Yachtsman. I wore a polo shirt that said Bride, shorts, and a Mickey ear bride hat. My father had the polos made special for us. Otherwise, I would have worn a t shirt. No matter when designation the restaurant has, it is still a theme park restaurant. People shouldn't be expected to pack and pay extra luggage fees for a meal at a theme park restaurant.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom