Closest Hotel to Disneyland Hotel?

Greenlawler

Original Poster
We booked the DL Hotel for the races over Labor Day weekend, but decided to save some money on Thursday night and stay at a less expensive hotel. Looking for the closest hotel, thoughts?

Last edited:

KeithVH

Technically, Paradise Pier with Grand Cali right behind (guess it depends on where you measure from). Beyond that, I would suggest the Candy Cane.

Gojira ゴジラ

The closest hotel would be the Park Vue Inn (off property). I stayed there twice, and unfortunately couldn't get a room for the Labor Day weekend, otherwise would love to stay there again given a chance.

Compared to the DL hotel, Park Vue Inn is a whole lot closer.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
If you are looking for the closest hotel to the Disneyland hotel that isn't owned by Disney daannzzz is correct BW Stovalls and Annabella are close. I think the Eden Roc is near too. The Stovalls is pretty good, I've stayed there a few times. Otherwise the closest hotels to Disneyland are on harbor, like BW Park place ( I can't remember it's full name), park vue, dessert inn, BW Anaheim inn, or Del sol just to name a few.

FerretAfros

You're running, right? The closest non-Disney hotel to the start/finish area would be the Holiday Inn Express on Walnut. It's a bit of a walk to the parks (or your can take the tram from Mickey & Friends) but it's very convenient post-race. I don't know if there is pre-race security on that side though

The Days Inn, Budget Inn, and Best Western Courtesy Inn (and to a lesser extent, Springhill Suites) on Ball Road are also pretty close. With security checks, I'm not sure how easy those will be before the races, since the main walking route actually takes you to/through the corrals so they may have it blocked

The hotels near the intersection of Disneyland Dr & Katella are also very convenient, about a 10 minute walk to the security check at DTD, and where I typically try to stay. I've often stayed at the Hilton by the Convention Center, which is a slightly longer walk but often has pretty good rates during race weekends

And as a worst-case scenario, you get free access to the ART shuttles with your race registration, so you could stay almost anywhere in the Anaheim Resort District. Obviously this adds another step to the journey, but you'll get dropped off at the Harbor Blvd bus plaza, which is about a 10 minute walk through DTD to the race area (though the ART buses will be a mess until after the Half is complete, due to the course layout)

Texas84

You're running, right? The closest non-Disney hotel to the start/finish area would be the Holiday Inn Express on Walnut. It's a bit of a walk to the parks (or your can take the tram from Mickey & Friends) but it's very convenient post-race. I don't know if there is pre-race security on that side though

@Greenlawler That's where I stay. It's great for race day. I take the ART shuttle to the parks which is free for runners. You used to just ask the driver for a free runner pass but now I think you have to pick them up at the expo. Check your guide.

Greenlawler

Original Poster
@Greenlawler That's where I stay. It's great for race day. I take the ART shuttle to the parks which is free for runners. You used to just ask the driver for a free runner pass but now I think you have to pick them up at the expo. Check your guide.

Thanks,

I will check on it, that sounds good. We are staying at the DL Hotel from Friday-Tuesday.

I would imagine it is not close enough to drag or luggage and my youngest son from there to DL Hotel when we switch? Do the shuttles run for the expo? If yes I wonder if we could just jump on with our luggage?

Texas84

Thanks,

I will check on it, that sounds good. We are staying at the DL Hotel from Friday-Tuesday.

I would imagine it is not close enough to drag or luggage and my youngest son from there to DL Hotel when we switch? Do the shuttles run for the expo? If yes I wonder if we could just jump on with our luggage?

The walk would be 10-15 minutes. About half a mile. If you have a lot of luggage a quick cab ride might be worth it.

Unfortunately the ART shuttles do not go to the DL Hotel. They just go to the transportation center. You could walk to the transportation center and catch the Ball Line but you would have to go through park security.

dweezil78

We booked the DL Hotel for the races over Labor Day weekend, but decided to save some money on Thursday night and stay at a less expensive hotel. Looking for the closest hotel, thoughts?

Are you asking for the closest hotel proximity-wise or closest in amenities/class?

Greenlawler

Original Poster
Basically...I can't find space in the Holiday Inn @Texas84 for anything under $200. We were simply trying to save a couple of hundred by not booking the DL Hotel one night...oh well. I also don't think there is anything walking distance for us so we are going to have to take a taxi. So it kind of changes the question to Best place to stay at DL for the lowest price, and I am sure that's been answered before.

Gaston's gal

I've stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn and the Annabelle. Best Western provided a great breakfast each morning and had a very kind front desk staff. The Annabelle had beautiful rooms and also a wonderful front desk staff. The pool was nicer was there too, in case you wanted to take advantage of that. Either one would work for one night. Good luck at the race!

Darkbeer1

What is the closest, and how to measure it?

A fellow reporter a long time ago came up with this solution, measuring the distance from the front desk of the Hotel/Motel to the center of the Esplanade (aka Star in 2001).

This is a very fair way to measure, but since some Hotels/Motels have multiple towers/buildings, it is getting very nit-picky, but the Park Vue Inn and Best Western Plus Park Place Inn and Suites are the 2 closest in most peoples opinion, that includes the three Disney owned Hotels.

Now, at the end of the new Disneyland Eastern Gateway Project in a couple of years, that is likely to change due to new walking pathways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom