closed atrractions

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
I just got back from WDW a week ago, but I was wondering why the Wonders of Life Pavillion was closed.

I know that Wonders of Life is open seasonally...if someone knows why it would have been shut down let me know Thanx!

~ diddy_mouse :wave:

Pioneer Hall

Lack of interest really...Disney knows it doesn't bring in the crowds anymore. They only need to use it as an overflow attraction during busy times.

DDB

I loved the wonders of life pavillion. Body Wars was ok but Cranium Command was great. It was a great place to avoid the crown....until they closed it =(

StevenT

Any speculation yet as to what will become of it? Perhaps to meet a similar fate as World of Motion and Horizons? Any ideas?

Jerm

It was also closed due to......everyone all together....lack of money!!!! When MetLife pulled out they lost a lot of the money for the attractions. I always had to wait in a line whenever I was there. I am looking forward to my visit in July just to do CC and Body Wars. Remember when you used to not be able to do everything because you ran out of time, not because it was closed because some bean counter figured that they could save money that way?

J

Hey, is there anyway to keep cranium command and put in the land pavillion, because it be a shame to lose it. It better be open in august when I go because I've never seen it. I just hope they put the area to good use, like a new horizons or some other good dark ride.

aimster

Originally posted by martinthesparta
Hey, is there anyway to keep cranium command and put in the land pavillion, because it be a shame to lose it. It better be open in august when I go because I've never seen it. I just hope they put the area to good use, like a new horizons or some other good dark ride.

Putting an attraction/show about the brain and functions of a 12 year old boy into a pavillion about the land/environment conservation/food & plant growth.

Yeah... that makes sense. :lookaroun

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
it does kind of make me sad that Body Wars might be walking the plank like various other attractions in Epcot had. :confused: i liked body wars.

but i do think that Mission: Space probably factored into that decision as well, and you also have Test Track right next door.

no one really wants to know about the inner workings of the body after those rides :hurl: ;)

Originally posted by aimster
Putting an attraction/show about the brain and functions of a 12 year old boy into a pavillion about the land/environment conservation/food & plant growth.

Yeah... that makes sense. :lookaroun

As much as a flight simulator about california or singing vegetables in the land pavillion. And if not there, then where else? It's supposed to be the one real bright spot in the pavillion and I'd hate to see it go.

Michael72688

As much as a flight simulator about california or singing vegetables in the land pavillion. And if not there, then where else? It's supposed to be the one real bright spot in the pavillion and I'd hate to see it go.

Last time I checked California, was land, so it is appropriate that it is part of the land pavillion

Michael72688

So if it was a flight simulator about Oregon you wouldn't be complaining that it doesn't fit?

I would be curious as to why they would show something about oregon, but oregon would fit as well, just like one of rhode island, vermont, oklahoma, etc.

Originally posted by Michael72688
I would be curious as to why they would show something about oregon, but oregon would fit as well, just like one of rhode island, vermont, oklahoma, etc.

Well, we know where you won't be getting a job. And in that case, since cranium command is about a boy, who lives on and could potentially effect the land, then that fits too.

Dayma

It was one of the worst attraction built in the last 20 years IMO. I would not miss it at all really.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom