Clock Radio

disneyca

Original Poster
Good morning.
I remember reading some where that clock radios are no longer in the Resort rooms. Is this true?
We are going in December 2017, and are staying at the Pop preferred room 60’s building.
Thanks for your help.

disneyca

Original Poster
Thanks for your help!
I just got off the phone with Disney and yes you can request a clock radio at check-in.
Thanks again.

EpcotCenter82

I stayed at the Contemporary Resort a few weeks ago and didn't realize that there was not a clock until I woke up the first night and was looking for one the nightstand. I asked at the front desk the next morning and the CM told me that clocks were now by request only. A clock was in my room when I returned later in the day.

BuddyThomas

This is true. Could not believe there was not a clock of any kind in our room at AKL recently. I guess they think that everyone is glued to their phones even in the middle of the night, and maybe they are right, but it sure was nice when you could just look at the apparently obsolete object on your nightstand to see what time it is.

Pixieish

It makes sense to not have an alarm clock on the nightstand (especially since they're generally very small), but a plain old wall clock would be nice.

ratherbeinwdw

Good morning.
I remember reading some where that clock radios are no longer in the Resort rooms. Is this true?
We are going in December 2017, and are staying at the Pop preferred room 60’s building.
Thanks for your help.
We stayed in a refurbished room in the 90's section (room 8160) of Pop two weeks ago. We did have a clock. The room was night and day different from the old rooms. The shower is amazing. We loved the new room. However, because of the bigger beds and dresser, it was a little cramped. We also didn't have enough hanging room for our clothes. FYI, the safe is in the dresser. We couldn't find it at first. You have to bend over or stoop to see it. It's a very nice size.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You know what every hotel room should have? A built-in smart wake-up alarm. Have a large touch tablet display on the wall to set it (light sensor automatically dims it at night). When it goes off, the lights in your room slowly come on and get brighter. After a while, your TV turns on to the Disney Resort Information Channel. After a while a chime starts going off to get you out of bed to shut it off. You can add a wake up call option with a tap of a button.

Also, it can be addressed by the front desk. So, if you call for a wake up, they'll set the alarm for you. By having the lights go on and by being able to call in the alarm, you then cover guests that have visual and hearing impairments.

nickys

Premium Member
You know what every hotel room should have? A built-in smart wake-up alarm. Have a large touch tablet display on the wall to set it (light sensor automatically dims it at night). When it goes off, the lights in your room slowly come on and get brighter. After a while, your TV turns on to the Disney Resort Information Channel. After a while a chime starts going off to get you out of bed to shut it off. You can add a wake up call option with a tap of a button.

Also, it can be addressed by the front desk. So, if you call for a wake up, they'll set the alarm for you. By having the lights go on and by being able to call in the alarm, you then cover guests that have visual and hearing impairments.

Will it make coffee too? If so, I'm sold!

Pixieish

Will it make coffee too? If so, I'm sold!

I third that!!! (especially the making coffee part!)

Buzz2001

At Coronado Springs, you can request a microwave and/or clock radio from housekeeping at check in or from your room phone only.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom