Classic Attractions that never should have gone

Kramjam33

I am only 16 and my first visit to Disney World was in January 2003, so i dont know what the other rides that closed were all about, but, however, i of course remember Alien Encounter, and loved it, so i am going to miss that.

Upvote 0

jrriddle

It was, but that's what Disney is supposed to be about.
That's why I love it so much. Reading books, going to the parks, being on these boards, creating memories. Such a happy escape from day to day life. I like my career, but it's a tough one and it comes with alot of built in stress. This is my escape when I have some free time.
My father is a pretty jovial person, but something about that ride really put him over the top. He turned so red from laughing I actually got worried for a minute.

Upvote 0

Expo_Seeker40

I have one "interesting" memory about World of Motion. This was in the last year of it's "life" and just like Horizons, and Toad I only saw it and rode it once in my life. We had just finished the speed tunnel, and I had become really uncomfortable in my seat, and so was everyone else. We rounded the cornerand out of no where my mom, who I thought was bored as craz goes "Damn, it's over?!" LMAO...memories...:hammer:

Upvote 0

GoofyFan1

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea!

Prior to going last year at Christmas, my last trip to WDW was with a school group in 1997. We were not allowed to go to MK. (not educational enough):hurl: Prior to that trip my only trip to WDW was in 1980. 20,000 Leagues was one my favorite rides.

When I went last year I couldn't wait for my daughters to ride. Then I found out that the ride was gone. Some accident?....

Anyway, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. :(

Upvote 0

jrriddle

Well there is nothing wrong with progress, or else the park becomes a museum. Just as long as they replace quality with quality, replaceing 20k with nothing or a stage is not IMHO quality for quality. I'll I'm doing reminiscing about the good old days.

Upvote 0

Bimmy56

here's mine

World of Motion
Journey into the Imagination ( I still miss that song!)
Horizons
The Main Street Electrical parade - I still get chills when I hear the opening stanzas of the music!!

Upvote 0

WDWhumanmap

i am too young to know about the mickey mouse revue but i heard that it was pretty cool and i would argee to have it back just to see it and know what it was

Upvote 0

Plutofan

Hello Everybody!

Here's my list:

1. World of Motion
2. Mr. Toad
3. Alien Encounter
4. Original Journey into Imagination
5. If You had Wings

Although this ride is still around, I miss the effect of seeing stars after the witch 'drops' a boulder on your head at the end of Snow White's Adventure :animwink:

Upvote 0

loading890

I cant remember exactly what was in Horizons either, or world of motion for that matter. It's been a while since i've been to epcot. Can somebody please refresh my mind?

Upvote 0

WDWhumanmap

Originally posted by loading890
I cant remember exactly what was in Horizons either, or world of motion for that matter. It's been a while since i've been to epcot. Can somebody please refresh my mind?

my pleasure to refresh its the duty of the human map of wdw to do it anyway.

Horizons:
was a wonderful look into the future with the help of the past going along a story line about a family and there life. at the end you got to take your own trip to either a desert ocean and space where you taken through this on a projection screen and always flew around in horizons 5. the theme song is actually the thing that keeps me going which told you if you can dream it then you really can do it which is the whole truth centered around wdw i belive.

World of Motion:
is truly what test track was trying to update it was a ride about getting around and modes of transportation you learned how they got around in the olden times until now. well then you got off the ride into what it is now well the shop wasn't there but the cars were. so truly its just a modern day update.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom