CL food?

Marianm

Original Poster
We’re staying one night AKl club level before moving to CR (non club) for a week. I didn’t book any dining for our night at AKl.. should I? Or will what they have food wise be sufficient for one day?

Zé_Carioca

I have never stayed CL at DAKL but I have stayed at other Club Levels at Disney and from my experience I usually take advantage of the food at club level and another light meal or snack at the resort, but not necessarily a full sit down meal. They advertize it as light appetizers and definitely not a full meal. However this varies from person to person.

What CL offers is a continental breakfast, light snacks from 11-4, hors d'oeuvres from 5-7 and dessert at 8. However the amount of food that entails can vary significantly. For example, I found that at the Beach Club I had so many hot food options at each meal that it filled me up for dinner and breakfast (did not even need the light meal I mentioned above). However, at Poly, I was definitely still very hungry after the hors d'oeuvres. And at the Wilderness Lodge I was satisfied but could still indulge some appetizers from the Territory Lounge.

At the end of the day, I say plan to eat dinner outside of club level because you never know if it will be enough.

Dave B

Book a dinner, or eat at the Mara. Hors d'oeuvres are appetizers, not entrees.
Just curious from your club level experience, where did you get just appetizers? I know what it starts, but there has been a lot of food when we went to the Yacht Club, definitely enough to eat, but I will agree for whatever reason at the Poly it was very light snacks

Tinker218

We just returned from the Boardwalk Inn and stayed Club Level there. We have stayed there several times. They have a chef cooking in the lounge every night. Some of the things we enjoyed were, seared scallops, sea bass, sword fish, NY strip steak, wagu filet, pork belly, roasted vegetables, roasted potatoes and different soups. The chefs were very generous with their portions and we definitely enjoyed a nice dinner. There were the usual cheeses and crudités. Afternoons we had small sandwiches too. We usually would have a sit down lunch or counter service and dine in the lounge at night.

Last edited:

Nottamus

It might take the place of a light breakfast AKL CL choices....but I wouldn’t count on it for dinner. Small portions.

The 5-7 slot with drinks and snacks were always my favorite though. We would eat a light meal early then go up to Club.

Have fun!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Just curious from your club level experience, where did you get just appetizers? I know what it starts, but there has been a lot of food when we went to the Yacht Club, definitely enough to eat, but I will agree for whatever reason at the Poly it was very light snacks

Yacht Club (which the lounge is little more than a butlers pantry) and Grand Floridian . I guess you could keep going back and get more, but the portion sizes are small. I've seen families making a meal out of it, but they literally empty out the serving trays as they are brought out. It's not designed to be a meal replacement, just a snack to take the edge off your hunger until meal time.

Omi19

According to cast members, we've stayed AKLKC 18 times. We eat a hearty late lunch (around 2) and then evening club offerings are more than enough for our light appetites.

correcaminos

I haven't done AKL but as a whole I think it depends on how much you eat usually. For us it was 2 meals, but we only eat one larger meal a day. So breakfast at the lounge, lunch was larger out at the parks, and appetizers were enough for dinner

DISR

I agree that this is somewhat subject based on what you like to eat, when you like to eat, and how much you typically eat. If you need something small at breakfast to get you going until lunch in the parks you will be fine. Expect fruit, cereal, yogurt, pastries and bagels/bread, and juice/milk/coffee....nothing hot except maybe oatmeal. The evening offering had two distinct offerings from a chef. They are very good...comparable to Jiko apps, but you won't fill up on them. I suppose you could keep going back for more, but I usually went once to that station. There will be veggies, cheese and crackers, and kids items. The kids items included pigs in a blanket, chicken nuggets, and PBJ sandwiches on different nights. Of course beer and wine is also available. There were probably other small items I am forgetting. I replaced dinner several times with the evening offerings. The best thing was feeding my 10 year old there. They basically had all the stuff we would have paid $$$ for in the parks or downstairs. I had similar experiences at WL and Poly concierge levels. BC didn't seem to have the same substance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom