City Walk

RedFoxRunner

Original Poster
I'm headed down to Universal in about 2 weeks for a mini-trip. I really wanted to go to WDW too, but their prices are just too high for a 4 day trip and I'll have to plan something for next year.

Anyways, I'm familiar with all of the rides/shows that Universal offers, but I'm not overly familiar with City Walk. I've been through it on the way to the parks, but never really stopped there. Can anyone recommend good restaurants/bars there? We're looking for something interesting to do after the parks close each night.

Also, we thought about hitting up Typhoon Lagoon one day but saw it was $80 a person for one day. Is there anywhere to get cheaper tickets for a one day pass to this park?! That seemed really high to me.

Thanks,
Bryant

Captain Hank

The water park ticket price you saw was incorrect. Currently, the price of a one-day ticket to either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon is $47.93 for adults and $41.54 for children.

valleyfan

I'm headed down to Universal in about 2 weeks for a mini-trip. I really wanted to go to WDW too, but their prices are just too high for a 4 day trip and I'll have to plan something for next year.

Anyways, I'm familiar with all of the rides/shows that Universal offers, but I'm not overly familiar with City Walk. I've been through it on the way to the parks, but never really stopped there. Can anyone recommend good restaurants/bars there? We're looking for something interesting to do after the parks close each night.

Also, we thought about hitting up Typhoon Lagoon one day but saw it was $80 a person for one day. Is there anywhere to get cheaper tickets for a one day pass to this park?! That seemed really high to me.

Thanks,
Bryant

We are Nascar fans so the Nascar Cafe is where we always eat, good food and not a bank breaker.

bobjl527

Magaritaville is a fun place. A great place for post theme park drinks and appetizers. The margarita spewing volcano is a sight to see as well.

hack2112

While I've never been there, I hear the Whopper Bar is a good place for a burger. From what I've gathered, the burgers are cooked right in front of you, too.

YETI27

You can't go wrong with either Nascar Cafe or Hard Rock. My next trip is in a couple of months and I'm going to try Margaritaville for the first time.

Ziffell

Can anyone recommend good restaurants/bars there? We're looking for something interesting to do after the parks close each night.

You asked about both restaurants AND bars, and so far the only suggestions people have made have been restaurants only. I'll list some recommendations on BOTH, and try to give a little more insight than just listing names of places and saying "its good". I know if I was asking for tips, I'd want a little more info than that. :lol:

Restaurants
Margaritaville - This is my favorite place to eat in CityWalk. It is a tradition for us to eat and drink here several times during each trip. I've been to two other Margaritavilles (one in Key West and the other in Las Vegas), and this one is the best because of the service and the ambience. If you like hot wings, Margaritaville has my second favorite hot wings anywhere (number one is Bahama Breeze, which you can also visit in Orlando). They are called Jamaica Mistaica wings here. Another favorite menu item is the jerk chicken. Both are a little spicy, so ignore these recommendations if you don't like spicy food. Neither is intolerable, but I know people who don't like anything remotely spicy. Another must have are the conch fritters. The remoulade sauce is fantastic. I also highly recommend the Cuban sandwich if you like pork. The bread it comes on is great! If burgers are more your thing, then you can't go wrong with either the Cheeseburger in Paradise or the Mushroom Cheeseburger. For drinks, they make some great margaritas and some really good rum based drinks. I'm partial to the Rum Runner and the Bahama Mama. For dessert, the Key Lime Pie and the Chocolate Hurricane are the two best things. You can sit either inside or outside here. I have done both, but generally prefer to sit outside on the deck. Both feature live music at various times. Inside it is usually a full-fledged band. Where outside on the deck, it is usually just one performer playing a guitar and singing. I like it outside because it's more fun to people watch and soak up the Florida summer air, plus you can look at Islands of Adventure from outside and that's fun.

NBA City - I've only eaten here once, but it was on our most recent trip and we'll definitely go back. I ordered the jambalaya and it was fantastic.

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co - This is the only Bubba Gump I've ever been to so I don't have any other frame of reference. But I love this place. In addition to the food being fantastic, the staff is really fun and friendly. They'll do things like go from table to table asking trivia questions about the movie Forrest Gump. They also have a cool practice that I haven't seen a lot of restaurants implement. Each table has a little sign on it that is blue on one side and says, "Run Forrest Run", and red on the other side and says, "Stop Forrest Stop". Depending on which side you display at your table, your server will either check up on you frequently, or leave you and your party alone so that you can enjoy your meal without constant interruptions. Very cool idea. The Far Out Beach and Louisiana Lemonade are both great cocktails here, and they come in cool glasses that you get to keep (if you're into that sort of thing). Not surprisingly, they serve just about every variety and preparation of shrimp imaginable.

Bars
Pat O'Brien's -My personal favorite thing about this place is that they serve bourbon mint juleps, which are hard to find where I live. I usually down a few on every trip to City Walk. You have to love bourbon though, which I do. The ambience here is a fun jazz bar.

Latin Quarter - A salsa-dancing type of ambience with pretty decent mojitos. I recommend at least stopping in for a drink or two.

Both of the above are also restaurants, but I've only had drinks in each.

Rising Star - This place is awesome. It is like a karaoke bar on steroids. Imagine singing karaoke except instead of music from a karaoke machine you are backed up by a full band and live dancers onstage. Lots of fun!

I hope that gives you something to go on. There's lots more to do at CW, but those are the highlights in my opinion.

zifster

Can anyone recommend good restaurants/bars there? We're looking for something interesting to do after the parks close each night.

You asked about both restaurants AND bars, and so far the only suggestions people have made have been restaurants only. I'll list some recommendations on BOTH, and try to give a little more insight than just listing names of places and saying "its good". I know if I was asking for tips, I'd want a little more info than that. :lol:

Restaurants
Margaritaville - This is my favorite place to eat in CityWalk. It is a tradition for us to eat and drink here several times during each trip. I've been to two other Margaritavilles (one in Key West and the other in Las Vegas), and this one is the best because of the service and the ambience. If you like hot wings, Margaritaville has my second favorite hot wings anywhere (number one is Bahama Breeze, which you can also visit in Orlando). They are called Jamaica Mistaica wings here. Another favorite menu item is the jerk chicken. Both are a little spicy, so ignore these recommendations if you don't like spicy food. Neither is intolerable, but I know people who don't like anything remotely spicy. Another must have are the conch fritters. The remoulade sauce is fantastic. I also highly recommend the Cuban sandwich if you like pork. The bread it comes on is great! If burgers are more your thing, then you can't go wrong with either the Cheeseburger in Paradise or the Mushroom Cheeseburger. For drinks, they make some great margaritas and some really good rum based drinks. I'm partial to the Rum Runner and the Bahama Mama. For dessert, the Key Lime Pie and the Chocolate Hurricane are the two best things. You can sit either inside or outside here. I have done both, but generally prefer to sit outside on the deck. Both feature live music at various times. Inside it is usually a full-fledged band. Where outside on the deck, it is usually just one performer playing a guitar and singing. I like it outside because it's more fun to people watch and soak up the Florida summer air, plus you can look at Islands of Adventure from outside and that's fun.

NBA City - I've only eaten here once, but it was on our most recent trip and we'll definitely go back. I ordered the jambalaya and it was fantastic.

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co - This is the only Bubba Gump I've ever been to so I don't have any other frame of reference. But I love this place. In addition to the food being fantastic, the staff is really fun and friendly. They'll do things like go from table to table asking trivia questions about the movie Forrest Gump. They also have a cool practice that I haven't seen a lot of restaurants implement. Each table has a little sign on it that is blue on one side and says, "Run Forrest Run", and red on the other side and says, "Stop Forrest Stop". Depending on which side you display at your table, your server will either check up on you frequently, or leave you and your party alone so that you can enjoy your meal without constant interruptions. Very cool idea. The Far Out Beach and Louisiana Lemonade are both great cocktails here, and they come in cool glasses that you get to keep (if you're into that sort of thing). Not surprisingly, they serve just about every variety and preparation of shrimp imaginable.

Bars
Pat O'Brien's -My personal favorite thing about this place is that they serve bourbon mint juleps, which are hard to find where I live. I usually down a few on every trip to City Walk. You have to love bourbon though, which I do. The ambience here is a fun jazz bar.

Latin Quarter - A salsa-dancing type of ambience with pretty decent mojitos. I recommend at least stopping in for a drink or two.

Both of the above are also restaurants, but I've only had drinks in each.

Rising Star - This place is awesome. It is like a karaoke bar on steroids. Imagine singing karaoke except instead of music from a karaoke machine you are backed up by a full band and live dancers onstage. Lots of fun!

I hope that gives you something to go on. There's lots more to do at CW, but those are the highlights in my opinion. <!-- / message -->

dave&di

Me and my DB love Bubba Gumps, the food is gorgeous and the theming excellent, if you don't like the film Forest Gump, don't go! as the restaurant is covered in FG memoribilia and the film plays on a screen near the bar (volume not too bad so it doesn't intrude) plus at some point a waiter/ress will ask you FG questions!

rainfully

I loooooooove Margaritaville... I've eaten there many times and have never had anything bad. Amazing drinks, too. I haven't really been to any of the other restaurants there... always seem to end up at Margaritaville.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom