City Walk Dining - Wait List with a Reservation

007mickey

Original Poster
Does anybody have any experience on having a late reservation (nothing "prime time" was available) but coming much earlier and asking to be put on waiting list in lieu of our reservation? We currently have an 8:45 for Big Fire but would love to eat much earlier (say 6:00-7:00). What are the chances of showing up at 5:00, putting our name on the waiting list and getting seated within a couple of hours? After making the 8:45, I did call just in case the online reservation system didn't offer as much as calling....nope, it was the same. I also asked if cancellations are common but I didn't get a warm a fuzzy. I'm still checking every so often just in case something pops up.

007mickey

Original Poster
Well to make this a little more of a head scratcher, I've been checking the reservations website and if we were a party of 4 or 6 (we are 5), we could get nearly anytime we want.

007mickey

Original Poster
Change your party to 6 as it's the same size table. There's no penalty for showing up short one person
That was our first thought as well but didn't know if City Walk restaurants were part in the "all your party must be here before being seated" requirement.

007mickey

Original Poster
If you're staying at Portofino, Royal or Hard Rock you're put ahead of the regular wait list.
We are and that was the other thought. Get there early, put our name on the wait list (as a Royal Pacific guest) and hope we could get seated within a couple of hours. That would keep us from making the reservation for 6 but knowing we only have 5. I assume our resort key card is showed at restaurant to verify that perk?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom