Citrus Dreamin' - Game Thread - Time's River is Wibbly Wobbling!

AceAstro

Team Boats would like to claim the rights to use this film, thank you
1e2196b0-9812-4e7a-a512-e687a92a9a5d.jpeg
There goes all of my ideas!
parks and rec computer GIF

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
A personal request from me for this challenge:

NO.
GASLIGHTING.
Still one of my all time favorite projects I've done! They can have a little gaslighting: as a treat

Pi Presents:

At the IAAPA Expo in 2021, Thierry Coup (the head of Universal Creative) described not stopping Fast & Furious supercharged from being built in Florida as his greatest mistake. It is a terrible ride and that is almost universally agreed on. It isn't even generally seen as a fun kind of bad like Jimmy Fallon, it's just bad. With perhaps the only real redeeming feature being the fun lights on the ride vehicles.

With the opening of Universal's Epic Universe coming soon, Universal Orlando is looking to make some big moves to combat Disney's dominance in Orlando and take the top spot as the best theme park resort in Florida, but Supercharged stands as a big black spot on their recent record. Many strategies have been discussed to try and fix this. The obvious solution is to just replace it or demolish it, but that is an expensive move that requires Universal to publicly and officially admit it was a mistake. They could lean into the meme of it all and hope it becomes a Rocky Horror type experience for theme park fans, but it is difficult if not impossible for a corporation to force a phenomenon like that to happen.

Realistically, Universal Orlando has only one option...

A multi-faceted five year plan to gaslight the American public into believing that this is a good ride and it always has been

(Click the picture above to be taken to the presentation)

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Imagineering Expedition #09

tu1UgLA.png

qDL7MZS.png

This round will be Fast, Furious, and all about Family!

--What you need to know--

Thierry Coup, who contrary to what his name suggests is a former head of Universal Creative and was NOT a baby sneezing, once said that not stopping Universal Orlando from building Fast & Furious Supercharged was his greatest mistake. But now that we have a time travelling boat* we can go back and fix the past!

Fast-Furious-Supercharged-at-Universal-Studios-Florida.jpg

*technically the River itself is how we time travel not the boat. That's the lore. It's in the show bible. Add it to the Citrus Dreamin's wiki

The ride itself is not exactly looks at fondly. Fast & Furious Supercharged is not great. But what makes it even worse is how massive it is! Nearly double the size of Kong despite featuring less and being the same ride system. It replaced two classic attractions AND the ride by itself is roughly the size of the entirety of Diagon Alley (minus King's Cross Station).

VO119jo.png

If you included the San Francisco restaurants as a part of the expansion pad, you easily have room for a whole new land! Seems like a much better use of space than a mediocre ride where you sit and gently bounce while a poorly animated Vin Diesel hangs from a helicopter, dangling in front of us like keys jingling in front of a baby's eyes

--The Prompt--

0Y8W4ur.png

Design a New Land replacing San Francisco/Fast & Furious Supercharged opening in 2018 in Universal Orlando

Instead of Fast & Furious: Supercharged, now is your chance to stop it from ever existing by building a new land for Universal in that same spot! Feel free to use the rest of San Francisco too (or keep the San Francisco theme and just expand it if you'd like)

ev3oNJA.png

No Wilderness Explorer's Guide since you're free to make whatever you'd like, but here is a great the interactive Universal Studios Orlando Map to help see what else is in the park and what else is in San Francisco. Universal has a broad scope of IPs and tends to be more than willing to make deals with other companies to use their IPs. So, pretty much anything Disney doesn't own is fair game!

There may be One Elimination at the end of the Expedition

--Team Skippers--

Give it up for...

Skipper @Lord Fozzinator on Team Boats
&
Skipper @MonorailRed on Team Birds

With how close we are to the finals, there won't be immunity as a prize for being the winning Skipper anymore. BUT being a strong Skipper is a great way to try to earn a spot in the Final 8

--Helpful Advice--

Don't go too Fast and/or Furious!
It is important to not spend too long brainstorming to make sure everyone has time to finish their parts of the project, but it is equally important to not rush through brainstorming. You want to be sure to take enough time to get everyone on the same page

--When is it due?--

This project is due in 7 Days (well, I guess 6.5 days) on Tuesday, May 7th, 2024 at 11:59 pm WDW Time
(9 pm Disneyland Time, 11 pm Six Flags over Texas Time, 2 pm the next day Tokyo Disneyland Time)

--Some Brainstorming Music--

Attention Adventurers

Team Birds has requested a 48 Hour Extension for the current project

The 2018 Expedition is now due Thursday, May 9th at 11:59 pm wdw time

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Attention Adventurers

Team Birds has requested a 48 Hour Extension for the current project

The 2018 Expedition is now due Thursday, May 9th at 11:59 pm wdw time
So, with this in mind, Podcast will be on Friday probably 9 or 10, depending on Orange Bird's work schedule (someone's gotta sell those Citrus Swirls). Tiki is out of town so if anyone (who is at least 18) wants to hop on the podcast let me know!

Also, me and OB were already planning a podcast this Wednesday. Would there be interest in a Q&A or Behind the Scenes or whatever podcast?

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
So, with this in mind, Podcast will be on Friday probably 9 or 10, depending on Orange Bird's work schedule (someone's gotta sell those Citrus Swirls). Tiki is out of town so if anyone (who is at least 18) wants to hop on the podcast let me know!

Also, me and OB were already planning a podcast this Wednesday. Would there be interest in a Q&A or Behind the Scenes or whatever podcast?
I would if I could but……. No, I cannot. I would be fine with a Q&A or behind the scenes.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
KGILZQD.png

Presents...
Team Birds presents a totally not at all late presentation of...

Maim Street
Despite a few set backs along the way, both teams did some amazing work!
Sadly, with how very very on time this was, there's not gonna be a podcast tonight and reviews might have to wait until after work tomorrow
But there will be no eliminations, so the next Expedition will start now!
If there's anything I can do to better support the teams and help things go smoothly, let me know and I'll do whatever I can

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Imagineering Expedition #10

5EmoAod.png

ytmstqb.png

Let's look back at the 6th most successful grand opening of a Disney castle park!

--What you need to know--

hkdl-theme-park-1280x720-new.jpg

The Eisner Era was a mixed bag, but ultimately it brought us some of the best and most memorable things in Disney parks history! It also brought us opening day Hong Kong Disneyland...

eIrYNo6.png

The park was underwhelming to say the least without even a single unique ride to call its own. Fantasyland especially let fans down by not even having the usual stuff a Fantasyland would have, much less anything unique or exciting. Let's use our time travelling boat to change that!

--The Prompt--

ggpJJtM.jpeg

Design a unique Anchor Attraction for Hong Kong Disneyland's Fantasyland

It can feature as many or as few Disney IPs as you'd like or be an original story. Just remember, this is opening day of Hong Kong Disneyland so we're working in 2005. Anything that was there IRL you can feel free to replace if you'd like.

0917pooh.jpg

Pictured: Literally the only dark ride in Fantasyland on opening day. Aside from flat rides, this was the only ride. No, it's not the cool version from Tokyo. Even though it opened 6 years later than the Tokyo version, this is just the WDW version. A nearly 1:1 recreation of it. Opening day Hong Kong Disneyland was sad

No Wilderness Explorer's Guide, but here is a great interactive Map of Hong Kong Disneyland that highlights attractions and lets you change the year to help see what else is in the park and what else is around. Aside from Winnie the Pooh there was a meet & greet trail, a stage show, Phillarmagic, Dumbo, the carousel, the teacups, and the train station. Not necessarily a bad set attractions, but definitely lacking any stand out killer app.

This is the Last Expedition of the Main Game
After this Expedition, we will go down to our 8 Finalists for the last two expeditions

--Team Skippers--

Give it up for...

Skipper @Brer Panther on Team Boats
&
Skipper @AceAstro on Team Birds

With how close we are to the finals, there won't be immunity as a prize for being the winning Skipper anymore. BUT being a strong Skipper is a great way to try to earn a spot in the Final 8

--Helpful Advice--

Don't overthink this!
It is a ride in Fantasyland, doesn't get much more "classic imagineering" than this. Have some fun with this!

--When is it due?--

This project is due in 6 Days on Wednesday, May 15th, 2024 at 11:59 pm WDW Time
(9 pm Disneyland Time, 11 pm Six Flags over Texas Time, 2 pm the next day Tokyo Disneyland Time)
Sadly, due to my schedule and availability, I will not be able to accommodate any extensions on this Expedition unless there is an emergency.
I'm sorry about this, but if I can't write reviews and do results on Thursday I won't have time again to do it right for almost a week. And with this being the last round before the finals I want to make sure I'm giving you the proper time and attention you deserve. So, keep that in mind and maybe consider a smaller scale if needed

--Some Brainstorming Music--

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom