Citizens of Hollywood

ctxak98

Original Poster
Hi, I am just making a thread to talk about some of the citizens of Hollwood and I also have some questions if anyone knows anything. First off I want to say how amazing these people really are. I am in the dramatic arts and was on an improv team and I know the basic skit is rehearsed but What goes on each day is different. I want to know if anybody knows what happened to Mimi Kaboom or Francis Floot? did they quit? if so that is shame because they were some of the best! thanks

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hi, I am just making a thread to talk about some of the citizens of Hollwood and I also have some questions if anyone knows anything. First off I want to say how amazing these people really are. I am in the dramatic arts and was on an improv team and I know the basic skit is rehearsed but What goes on each day is different. I want to know if anybody knows what happened to Mimi Kaboom or Francis Floot? did they quit? if so that is shame because they were some of the best! thanks
I agree they are amazing!! This trip I am planning to really spend time admiring their work. I'm sick and tired of people saying HS is a half day park. I can easily spend an hour just watching them interact with the crowd. One of the little things Disney does so well Take the time and smell the roses!

BigRedDad

We were at MGM one time. I cannot remember the characters name, but she was sitting on the street with a blanket out and a bag packed for Hollywood (Daisy Day maybe?) My DD about 5 at the time thought she fell and got hurt. She went up to see if she was OK. The lady asked her to join her on the blanket. The two sat there for about 10 minutes talking together. Of course, I did not have my video camera because the bag was with my wife.

All I can say is that it is a memory that I will never forget. I at least got a picture of them.

copcarguyp71

Old name for Disney's Hollywood Studios

...and some would argue the correct name;)

On August 9, 2007, Walt Disney World President Meg Crofton announced that Disney-MGM Studios would be re-branded as Disney's Hollywood Studios, effective January 7, 2008, saying, "the new name reflects how the park has grown from representing the golden age of movies to a celebration of the new entertainment that today's Hollywood has to offer

I want to know if anybody knows what happened to Mimi Kaboom or Francis Floot? did they quit? if so that is shame because they were some of the best! thanks

The actor that portrayed Francis Floot was let-go by Disney. He stayed in the Orlando area, performing, but has just recently made a huge move to NY (I believe).

Mimi Kaboom has undergone a "transformation". A new actress is now playing the part. Instead of being from Europe, the "new" Mimi is Hispanic.

The actress that played Mimi Kaboom is now playing Betty Shambles.

Got all that? There's a fantastic Facebook fan page set up for all things Citizens: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Disneys-Hollywood-Studios-Citizens-of-Hollywood/321344278805

ctxak98

Original Poster
The actor that portrayed Francis Floot was let-go by Disney. He stayed in the Orlando area, performing, but has just recently made a huge move to NY (I believe).

Mimi Kaboom has undergone a "transformation". A new actress is now playing the part. Instead of being from Europe, the "new" Mimi is Hispanic.

The actress that played Mimi Kaboom is now playing Betty Shambles.

Got all that? There's a fantastic Facebook fan page set up for all things Citizens: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Disneys-Hollywood-Studios-Citizens-of-Hollywood/321344278805
THANKS SO MUCH! she looks so different at BETTY! WOW. so good. And I agree with everyone that MGM will live forever. I do not like the new name is much. And sad to see Francis was let go. He was very good at his role.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom