Cirque du Soleil

ekorey

Anybody ever seethe show. It is quite expensive and not sure whether it's worth the money. I have three children 9, 6, and 6

lebeau

ekorey said:
Anybody ever seethe show. It is quite expensive and not sure whether it's worth the money. I have three children 9, 6, and 6

It is quite expensive, but frankly everything in WDW is more expensive than usual. Cirque is a unique experience amd I would think your kids would love it. It was a highlight for our last trip and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

But get there early. It's a hot ticket for one. But also, the pre-show is fantastic.

Upvote 0

Jez

lebeau said:
But get there early. It's a hot ticket for one. But also, the pre-show is fantastic.
How long before the show does the pre-show start?
I've just booked tickets for our trip in September, and wondered what time we should get there.

Upvote 0

MSTINKHERBELL01

I TOTALLY LOVED IT!!!! I had wonderful seats (the 3rd row). My sweetie took me and fell asleep. The seating was abit uncomfortable:mad: ...at times I felt as though the person sitting next to me was right on top of me...however...the show was wonderful. Not sure how children feel about it, I didnt bring my 7 yr old with me. It's a beautiful beautiful show!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Kadee

It was WONDERFUL! I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed it. It lasted and hour and a half but if flew buy very quickly because it is so good.

Upvote 0

Kadee

I think it is around $70/person, now. It is theater style and there is really no bad seats. Things are happening all over at so many levels that everyone has a great view of everything.

Upvote 0

Fraisie

It is an amazing show !!

Being from Quebec where the whole Cirque thing started, I had the chance of seeing different show and La Nouba is one of their best !! Not to be missed !

Upvote 0

brich

Worth every penny... even though it cost a lot of pennies... :D
My wife, my 6 year old and I loved it. We will definately do it again once my 3 year old can sit still long enough... :)

Upvote 0

lebeau

Jez said:
How long before the show does the pre-show start?
I've just booked tickets for our trip in September, and wondered what time we should get there.

It's been a while, but I'd say the pre-show is about 20 minutes before showtime. I don't want to spoil it for you as there are some surprises involved. If you can get there about 1/2 hour in advance, you'll have time to find your seats and settle in before the preshow starts. There's also a pretty cool gift shop next to the Cirque that you may want to browse.

The show is truely unlike anything you've seen before. It's so much more than the sum of its parts (theater, acrobatics, special effects, music, etc.) I have yet to speak with anyone who saw it and was anything less than enchanted. The time really does fly by.

Upvote 0

GenerationX

Including the pre-show, the overall duration is about two hours. The show is spectacular. My 9, 7, and 5 year old (at the time) boys were mesmerized throughout most all of the show. They got a little tired by the end and leaned their heads against our shoulders, but there are few things that could hold their complete attention for two solid hours, anyway.

Do not miss the pre-show! My kids absolutely loved it.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Yes, get there about 1/2 hour before the showtime.

I don't like the circus, I don't like clowns but I am enamoured with Cirque. My wife and I have seen it twice, and are taking the kids this year. The show itself defies description, but truly offers unique entertainment for all ages.

There aren't any bad seats in the theater. There are three areas with different prices. Area 1 (orchestra) are most expensive, and IMHO, are a little too close to enjoy parts of the show. I usually choose area 2 for better overall view and better view of the preshow.

The show isn't cheap, but it's no more expensive than most Las Vegas shows or Broadway.

Upvote 0

CrackerJack

My wife and I are big Cirque fans and I would never fail to recommend a Cirque show. They are absolutely amazing. And they must be experienced in person. Many Cirque shows, including La Nouba, have been shown on TV but television fails to do them justice. When there are numerous things going on at the same time, television cannot pick that up so that it totally limits the scope of the show.

There are now 4 Cirque shows in Vegas (Mystere, O, Ka, and Zumanity). We have seen Mystere and O, with Mystere being great and O ranking as the best of the Cirque shows that we have seen. Next visit out there we will see Ka. Don't know if we will ever see Zumanity as it is a nekkid show and not really our cup of tea.

They are alot of money but they are also like nothing you have ever seen.

Upvote 0
It is an absolute must see!!!

I agree it is a bit pricey at £60 a ticket (sorry don't know the dollars!) but it is so worth it. The pre-show is wonderful and the whole clown-act has moved with the fashion - ie. people don't like traditional clowns anymore. Their spaceman and cowboy/indian acts are fantastic.

We had a 3rd row seat also and its a great place to view from apart from during the trapeeze which is directly above you. Your neck really starts to hurt! It is also an extremely small theatre that packs in as many seats as possible so you find yourself very close to your neighbour!

And down in the gift shop they have incredible merchandise. Get the CD!

So basically, there is hardly an excuse not to see it!

Upvote 0

nicholas

I love Cirque soooo much! I am considering going to Vegas for my upcoming birthday just to see the four Cirques and then come home.

Yes, see La Nouba. It's mind blowing!

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Cirque du Soleil LaNouba is by far the most incredible show you will see in the state of Florida. Compared to other Cirque shows in Los Vagas, it is the least expensive. I've seen it 5 times.

Catogory 1 Seating (Lower section, center stage)
$87.00 adults / $65.00 children (ages 3-9)

Catogory 2 Seating (Upper section, center stage; Lower section, stage left and stage right)

Catogory 3 Seating (Upper section, stage left and stage right)

See Seating Chart

Show are performed at 6pm and 9 pm on Tuesday - Saturdays (no shows on Sundays or Mondays)

Shows are about 90 minutes with the pre-show begining about 20 minutes prior to show time. With tickets in hand, you want to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to show time. If you have tickets on will call, you want to arrive at least 45 minutes prior to show time.

You can purchase your tickets up to 6 months in advance by calling 1-407-939-7600, or going to www.disneyworld.com

All prices are plus tax. Seating is limited. All tickets are non-refundable, and show times and dates are non-transferable. Child under 3 years of age will be required to sit in an adults lap throughout the performance unless a seat is purchased.

Hope this helps, and enjoy the Magic that is LaNouba! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

S_Grise

WHOA. That is expensive. I'm sure it's worth it for anyone who really wants to go (me and my daughters) and those who really aren't into it (husband and son) could just go to DisneyQuest instead. Everyone's happy. Thanks for all the info.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom