Cirque DU Soleil...Time For a Change of Shows?

Scooter

Original Poster
My wife and I saw La Nouba and enjoyed it, but don't care to see it again unless we bring friends or relatives who have never seen it.

La Nouba has been running for quite a few years now.

There are numerous Cirque DU Soleil shows all over the world.
Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to switch shows and locations from time to time?

I would be glad to go see a new show at Disney World if one became available, but like I said, my wife and I have no desire to see the same show over and over.

It just makes sense to me that the company would make a lot more money if they did this.

Anyone agree?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've seen it three times and will go many more. Can't absorb it all in one go... :shrug:

Chape19714

problem being is that the building is specifically built for La Nouba, which is on the smaller side of Cirque's shows. Any different show would require MAJOR changes to the building.

Scooter

Original Poster
problem being is that the building is specifically built for La Nouba, which is on the smaller side of Cirque's shows. Any different show would require MAJOR changes to the building.

True...but you have to spend money to make money and I think spending
money to redesign the building to fit the new show(s) would make it worthwhile.

raven

La Nouba is specific to WDW and doesn't play anywhere else in the world. There are millions of people who've yet to see it (like me). It continues to make money and bring in new audiences every day and changing it now (just because it's been there for a while) would be rather pointless. I don't think it's going anywhere soon.

Philo

I've only seen it once but would gladly see it again.

I can see why having a new show each year / two years etc would raise interest but when did you last see La Nuba quiet? Whilst people are still buying tickets, there won't be a change.

dazzer68

ive seen la nouba, although it was very good, i dont want to see it again.
now if there was a disney broadway show ,i could see that over and over again! not saying pull cirque down, just build another broad way type theatre as well.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Isnt the show nearly 10 years old? Hardly change every two years. Given the talented people employed in the Cirque company Im sure they would be able to design a show suitable to operate with the constraints of the existing building.

I have seen it three times or is it 4, however I have to say the Blue Man Group just edges it for me.

Im sure when numbers start to drop significantly they will look at a change.

frankd1962

I agree with Raven. I've seen the show live and have the DVD they sell at the show. Though I've seen the DVD a number of times I would love to see the show again live. With any live show, there are factors that might not happen at an earlier or later show that day. When I saw the show 6/9/07, the flying trapeze act couldn't do the final multi-spin catch even after about four tries. Plus the clowns when they interact with audience can be very funny cepending on how the person they choose reacts.

wdwmemories

I saw it a few years ago. I kept thinking "has it really started? is this it?" Then I got into the groove and enjoyed it. I wouldn't spend full price to see it again.
I think there are lots of folks who havne't see it yet, and until it no longer brings in piles of cash, I think we will have the same show. :)

DisneyMusician2

La Nouba is specific to WDW and doesn't play anywhere else in the world. There are millions of people who've yet to see it (like me). It continues to make money and bring in new audiences every day and changing it now (just because it's been there for a while) would be rather pointless. I don't think it's going anywhere soon.

I think this is the major factor. A show specifically designed for a space which plays nowhere else in the world, and still sells well despite high ticket prices? Why would Disney choose to change the show at this time?

Not that it wouldn't be great to have a new show, but I'm not sure that it is the place to spend cash right now.

I have never seen this particular Cirque show, but the other Cirque productions I have seen have been nothing short of spectacular.

hack2112

Every Cirque show's theater is built specifically for that show. That is why no two cirque shows can ever replace each other. You wouldn't be able to perform O on the Lake Buena Vista stage. Each one is truly a work of art.

With that said, I saw La Nouba when I was young, and I've always wanted to see it again.

Timmay

As has been said before, the theater is designed for that show.

Why change it? Mystere has been playing for a lot longer at Treasure Island in Las Vegas and it packs in the crowds just like La Nouba does.

Slipknot

Every time I go I spot at least one thing I didn't the previous times. Every time I go though, I sit in a different spot. So far I have been in front of the stage, all the way in the back and many places in between.

SeanC

As with most hard ticket stage shows, repeat viewers are likely a tiny percentage of the audience, the small sample in this board not withstanding as those who visit fan sites are also a skewed sample. When first-time visitors stop buying tickets, we will see a change.

Scooter

Original Poster
As has been said before, the theater is designed for that show.

Why change it? Mystere has been playing for a lot longer at Treasure Island in Las Vegas and it packs in the crowds just like La Nouba does.

That's just my point. I don't think La Nouba is packing in crowds like they used to. I'm not sure of this but I think I recall reading something about slow ticket sales at LaNouba a while back.

abbeysmom

Hubby and I have seen it 5 times and would go back again and again... Everytime I think I see something I didn't see before.. They could change it up a little without changing the entire show though.. I wouldn't think that would need to change to venue. :shrug: Either way I love it everytime we go. We just saw the one in Atlanta and while it was OK, the traveling ones don't add up to the stationery ones... JMO though. :p

TURKEY

That's just my point. I don't think La Nouba is packing in crowds like they used to. I'm not sure of this but I think I recall reading something about slow ticket sales at LaNouba a while back.

They seem to be offering more AP and FL resident deals for Cirque.

Category 2 seats still sell extremely well for most of the year. It's not always a full theater, but I would say at least 75-85% full per show.

Tiftay

How young is ok to see this show? We are thinking about taking our 5, 7 and 8 year olds...but the prices are a bit much if the show doesnt fit them.

Thanks for the help,

Tiftay

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom