Cirque Du Soleil or MVMCP???

matthope03

So here is the question, which would be the better decision for an upcoming trip in December, Cirque Du Soleil or MVMCP? Here is the situation, none of us have ever been to Disney World during Christmas time, my parents have not been since 1994 and my girlfriend has never been ( I was there last year). Also do passholders get a discount on Cirque Du Soleil? Thanks everyone in advance.

eroyee

Mvmcp

:wave: We havent done the Cirque but we dearly love MVMCP. they have it snow on Main St. theres a million lights all over. theres a lot of shows and a really neat Christmas parade. theres hot chocolate and cookies all over the place. Besides that, though, dont forget the Osborne lights at MGM. If you have time, visit the different resorts and see the christmas decorations. they are over the top. specially the huge gingerbread house at Grand Floridian. Hope these help!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Disneian

MVMCP over CDS

matthope03 said:
So here is the question, which would be the better decision for an upcoming trip in December, Cirque Du Soleil or MVMCP? Here is the situation, none of us have ever been to Disney World during Christmas time, my parents have not been since 1994 and my girlfriend has never been ( I was there last year). Also do passholders get a discount on Cirque Du Soleil? Thanks everyone in advance.

I would so definetly choose MVMCP over Cirque. I know that Cirque is an event on its own - but I could not think of passing up MVMCP during your stay. Think of it this way - MVMCP is only once a year (of course on multiple days) - but Cirque might be around for a while. Or if you are dead set on Cirque - come back next Christmas:animwink: .

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
JimboJones123 said:
La Nubia is on a&e like all the time, just watch it on TV and save like 87 bucks for the cheap seats.

TV does NOT do La Nouba (or any other Cirque show) justice. You MUST see it live!!

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

JimboJones123 said:
La Nubia is on a&e like all the time, just watch it on TV and save like 87 bucks for the cheap seats.
Wow. Cirque on TV isn't Cirque.

Both events are VERY hard to miss. I think if you're wanting to do something "Disney" then hit MVMCP. If you're wanting more bang for your buck, then go to Cirque.

Disney at Christmas is amazing, especially at night. It all depends on your taste. Does that help? LOL Sorry!

Upvote 0

maelstrom

MVMCP. You can see Cirque du Soleil on TV and there are other shows around. There is only one MVMCP. If you're ever in Las Vegas, go see Cirque du Soleil "O".

Upvote 0

3fordisney

I would definitely pick the Christmas party. I've been to it twice and love it. I have seen O in Vegas and would save the cirque de soleil for a later visit if you wanted to see it in person. You can see different shows on A&E and I personally would save the money and watch it on tv. The Christmas party is not to be missed. We went before we had our son and took him last Dec. We enjoyed the parades and atmosphere. It really puts you in the Christmas spirit. Hope this helps !:dazzle:

Upvote 0

matthope03

Original Poster
Ok I am not really getting anywhere with this. I am leaning towards Cirque Du Soleil and here are my reasons. 1) All 4 of us are adults and not very interested in the parades. 2) We have more than enough time to cover all the rides at all the parks. 3) We will be able to see fireworks any other night of the week, of course I realize this fireworks show is supposed to be even bigger and better. Now hopefully someone will come along and truely prove to me that I should do MVMCP instead. Thanks ahead of time.

Upvote 0

linkinparknumb0

Cirque on TV is NOTHING compared to seeing it in real life....the TV can only show so much at one time. During the show so much is going on, especially at the beginning. It is well worth the money and time to see. Now I have never been to MVMCP but from hearing other ppl i would see it instead. considering its only once a year.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

matthope03 said:
Ok I am not really getting anywhere with this. I am leaning towards Cirque Du Soleil and here are my reasons. 1) All 4 of us are adults and not very interested in the parades. 2) We have more than enough time to cover all the rides at all the parks. 3) We will be able to see fireworks any other night of the week, of course I realize this fireworks show is supposed to be even bigger and better. Now hopefully someone will come along and truely prove to me that I should do MVMCP instead. Thanks ahead of time.

1. Just because you are adults doesn't mean you can't enjoy MVMCP. There is much more than just parades. They make it snow on Main Street. There are extra decorations and entertainment.

2. Fireworks are Holiday Wishes and they do perimeter fireworks that night.

3. Go to this website which lists all the special shows and entertainment around the park. There is also a link to reader's comments about the party which you should read. http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/hol_mk.htm

Upvote 0

wild01ride

My take is that many of the things that occur for MVMCP occur regularly without paying additional money. MVMCParade is run once and sometimes twice daily during the season, we have enjoyed the snow on Main St. on a non-MVMCP night and Holiday Wishes is shown each night which is non-MVMCP also. Honestly, I don't understand what of a draw the MVMCP has over any normal holiday night in the MK?:veryconfu Don't get me wrong, I love the MK during the holiday season, but I don't see the need to go to the Party.

Cirque du Soleil - La Nouba on the other hand:
a) is NOT the same on TV, as aformentioned
b) cannot be compared with other Cirque shows (each has very unique music, emotion, and theme)
c) is not along the lines of Disney Season theming, but it is an incredible show that words cannot describe.

Ultimately, it all comes down to a matter of yours and your group's personal preference, but in m opinion, see Cirque while you're there and enjoy all of the things going on at MK without going to a special event.
Regardless, enjoy your holiday in WDW - it is such a great time of year to visit! :xmas:

Upvote 0

SpectroMan

You and the people going with you will be much more impressed with La Nouba. My love of Disney is much more than my love of Cirque (I would also like to add that Christmas is my favorite time of the year), and I would go to La Nouba.

Everybody is saying that MVMCP is a don't miss because it is only done during a certain time of the year. If you don't pay for the party, you can still see the fireworks, you will probably see the parade, and you will definitely be able to see all the Christmas decorations at night.

La Nouba is more of a special event in this case. Forget what people are saying about watching it on BRAVO or going see one of Cirque's other shows. La Nouba is only performed in Disney World. It is much different from all their other shows, and I feel it is one of the most impressive things on Disney property.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

SpectroMan said:
Everybody is saying that MVMCP is a don't miss because it is only done during a certain time of the year. If you don't pay for the party, you can still see the fireworks, you will probably see the parade, and you will definitely be able to see all the Christmas decorations at night.

I thought they didn't do the holiday wishes on regular nights. Unfortunately, they didn't give the dates they were going and to see the xmas parade you would have to be there after december 20 to see it during the day. They do put up extra decorations for just the night of the party and there is additional entertainment around the park that night.

Upvote 0

imagineersrock

Hey Matt, I would go with Cirque.

As a few other have said, La Nouba will definitely be a much bigger "bang for your buck." Our family did MVMCP for the first time last year, and it will probably be our last. It was neat and all, but in all honestly it felt like a regular night at the MK with some extra Christmas things here and there. It was a neat evening, but nothing I felt justified it being a hard-ticket event.

I think the Osborne Lights at the Studios and all of the events that take place at Epcot are a lot more impressive... not to mention all of those things are included with regular park admission!

Our family would definitely pick Cirque.

Upvote 0

bigang

tv does not do cirque any justice what so ever, its being there and seeing the amazing performances and characthers literally flying over you , that truely make the show special, if anything , watch the parade on tv christmas day. all of wdw is amazing decorated for the christmas season, so you will be in awe anyway....plus the fake snow is way over rated

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom