Circle of Life?

TropicalFig8

Original Poster
Just a question,does anyone like Circle of Life or think it should be gone and be replaced by something else?

I've never seen it but I've heard it's terrible.

invader

I like the message it gives, but it's horribly outdated. Maybe just a refresh of the video would work, but who knows.

Theme Parkitect

I have seen it before but not on our previous trip this June. As I can remember it is so incredibly outdated. A WALL-E theme might be a good choice... Seeing as Nemo is in The Living Seas, why not bring WALL-E to The Land? :shrug:

But also, I do like the Lion King theme... What would be really nice (but I don't know how space is behind the pavillion) is a part movie, part dark ride like Ellen's Energy Adventure. That would be the best in my opinion.

Cheaper Option: Refurbish GREATLY, keep Lion King
Expensive, but Better: Make movie/dark ride like Ellen's. Change to WALL-E.

WeLoveTheMouse

I'm sort of meh on it. We haven't seen it in awhile so we probably will watch it on our upcoming trip. I, too, like the idea of a WALL-E retheming.

Tim_4

I have seen it before but not on our previous trip this June. As I can remember it is so incredibly outdated. A WALL-E theme might be a good choice... Seeing as Nemo is in The Living Seas, why not bring WALL-E to The Land?

I know the message of WALL-E is ultimately "earthy" and would fit in The Land pavilion, I think most people associate the film with a space/future theme much more than environmentalism.

KaliSplash

I think my crew has seen it twice. That's probably enough. It is kind of preachy. But it is better than its predecessor, as has been pointed out.

I thought they were planning to do something with this area, but I don't remember what it was.

stuart

It is a bit outdated, and I woudn't be surprised if one of the children whose quotes you see in the preshow video has returned with their young kids.

That said I did notice that they have replaced the old CRT monitors with LCD ones in the preshow area and I do quite like the show, although I think the sound in the theatre was turned down a few years ago sadly.

And i would be eternally grateful if anyone has any details on the music in the pre-show video.

stlbobby

I love this show. I think it's funny and has a great message. It might be a bit preachy, but how subtle should they be in a 15 minute attraction? I also don't want to see anything Lion King leave the parks.

MarkTwain

Surprised by all the negative reaction here. I saw it in January for the first time in a few years, and I thought it seemed like a nice little A-ticket attraction. Sure it's educational, but so is Epcot :shrug: (well, ideally anyway).

Also, it may not be brand new anymore, but I wouldn't say it's "dated"... at least not in the laser-discs, car phones, and giant hairdo sense (here's looking at you, CoP & Norway movie).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom