Cinemagique (Spoilers)

Dr.Seeker

Original Poster
Following on from another thread I just wanted to get people's opinions on this attraction. I really loved it. There is nothing like experiencing a disney thing for the first time, I actually thought a guest's phone was ringing. Gotta go. Ill reply later.

150th post!!!

ogryn

I loved Cinemagique as well. 2nd Favourite thing in the studios (although that's not hard :rolleyes: )

It wasn't too French, it wasn't too English, the pictures did all the talking :)

Jim Hill (I know, I know) wrote something a while back about how it will never make the transition stateside due to film licencing rights (and Disney having to pay the studios a hefty-sum)... which is a shame.

Here's the sad part of my story. Based on what friends at WDI have told me, due to all the rights clearance problems that Disney had with "CineMagique" (I.E. which clip from which particular film did Disney have to pay big bucks to include in this film, how much dough did the Mouse have to dole out to include key images from "Star Wars" and "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly," etc.), it's unlikely that this wonderful not-so-little film will ever play stateside. Not at least while Disney's current management team is in place, refusing to open its purse strings to allow a quality theme park show like "CineMagique" over to the United States.

Make no mistake, Jim. "CineMagique" really is a magical show. I mean, why else would the Themed Entertainment Association -- at its 10th annual Thea Awards -- have recognized Walt Disney Imagineering's Theme Park Productions division (I.E. TTP is the unit within WDI that actually produced the film portion of this project) by giving "CineMagique" its best new attraction award.
http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=635

Jerm

I know this is a huge no no but does anyone have video of this attraction? I have wanted to see it since the day I first heard about it.

J

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There was one floating around on the net - I think it was DLP Disneyfans or another specific DLP site. The quality wasn`t too good (less than 320x256 res) but nontheless it was the only one I have found on the net.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom