Cindys Table Reservation??????

Jerm

OK guys I know this have been covered over and over again. But I didnt get and res. for the time we are going to be there in Nov, what are the chances of me getting some while I am there by calling each day?

Thanks,
J

OZZY

Actually it's very possible, even more possible if you go to the castle in person. I've noticed that the PS hotline and the actual restaurant sometimes seem to be on different planets entirely My wife and I always get a table by just walking up to the podium and asking everytrip, and that's 6 years and counting. Good Luck.

Upvote 0

Woody13

Originally posted by OZZY
Actually it's very possible, even more possible if you go to the castle in person. I've noticed that the PS hotline and the actual restaurant sometimes seem to be on different planets entirely My wife and I always get a table by just walking up to the podium and asking everytrip, and that's 6 years and counting. Good Luck.

Same experience here but 20 years and counting. Also, a $20 bill will trump a PS any day of the week (as a last resort) because PS's are not reservations.

Upvote 0

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Well, our last 2 trips we have made reservations 90 days in advance of the night we intended to eat there. And we haven't had any problems with it at all. It's true that at times you can "walk up" and catch an open reservation. But keep in mind, you may have to be very flexible about the time that is available to you.

In addition, take into account what time of year you are going, and if there are any special events scheduled for the time during which you are going to eat there. For example, if you schedule a meal around the time of any given parade you may have a better chance of flexiblity for your schedule.

Shouldn't be much problem getting a res. either way.

Enjoy!!!

Upvote 0

Woody13

There is A LOT of misinformation about the Cinderella Royal Table breakfast and this has caused confusion for many guests over the years. I know of the trials and tribulations that parents encounter with this attraction because I have several daughters and they ALL wanted to see Cindy over a period of years. I am here to report that all of my daughters have been to Cindy's Royal Table breakfast on many occasions. Never once did I call 90 days in advance for the Priority Seating. It's not needed and here's why.

Back in the good old days Priority Seating was only available to Disney Resort guests. You could either make your PS requests at the time you made your resort reservation or you could just hit the "Disney Dining" button on your resort phone to request your PS. Making PS arrangements was easy. However, then class envy caused a problem. Non-Disney Resort guests felt as if they were second class citizens and thought that the Mouse was discriminating against them. They wanted access to PS as well. So, WDW in its wisdom made PS available to the masses! Anyone could call and get PS and the PS's were transferable. Once a PS was made in your name, you could give it to anyone! That created a whole new problem.

Cindy's Royal Table Breakfast is THE most popular PS meal in WDW. Shortly after the PS deal was opened to the general public a rather crafty person began to call and get multiple PS's. He (or she) enlisted a rather large group of other folks to help. Best I remember, they called themselves "Bernie's Angels" (or something like that). These folks would call the 407-WDW-DINE number from all over the world to get PS's at Cindy's and then they would turn them over to Bernie for distribution on his website. I won't go into the "money" side of the deal because that's a whole other story. So, once WDW received enough complaints about this scam artist they started a new policy for PS at Cindy's.

As of June 09, 2002 Cinderella's Royal Table Character Breakfast requires a credit card at time of booking. A deposit of $10 per adult and $5 per child is charged. The lead name on the Priority Seating may not be changed and no names may be transferred to the reservation once it is booked. In the event you need to cancel, it must be done at least 24-hours before your Priority Seating to avoid losing your deposit and have your credit card credited. Otherwise, you WILL be charged the deposit! To cancel you must call 407-WDW-DINE. Be sure to have your Priority Seating number in hand to give to the Cast Member.

Many people seem to think that Priority Seating (PS) is the same as an advance reservation. It is not. Priority Seating is not a guarantee that your party will get a table. Your PS number really only does 2 things. When you arrive at the MK you have to go to the far left set of turnstiles to have your name and number checked for PS at Cindy's. You get in line with everyone else and you DON'T get into the MK any earlier than any other guests. When you get to the venue your PS normally gives you a 15 to 20 minute "advantage" in that if others are waiting that don't have PS then you will go ahead of them depending upon the size of your party and the tables available. For example if you have a party of 2 or a party of 9, then you may have to wait a long time! But if you have a party of 4, 5 or 6 then you'll most likely get in first.

Also, to put this all in perspective, recognize that certain guests always get better PS's than others. If you get a PS through WDW concierge service then you are pretty close to the top of the list. In reality the party at the top of the list (with or without a PS) is the person who discreetly gives a $20 bill to the CM and asks, "Would you help us to get a table please?". Money talks and PS walks.

Upvote 0

spr0m

I agree you don't always need a PS for CRT but a guy in front of you slipping a $20 won't make you loose your PS and if there are no tables that $20 isn't going to get you one above that PS. They always hold a table or two in reserve for mix ups and that $20 might be getting you that one. And now that you shared your secrect it may just cost you $20 bucks for nothing if someone beats you to it or slips a $50. Unlike the other places this is more like a reservation since you had to give them a credit card to hold the place. This past visit I got a PS the day before beacuse I got lucky and someone cancelled 24hrs beforehand. This happens often now beacuse of the deposit deal. I lost my Epcot SBP deposit when switching because that on is 48hrs (sneaky disney accountants).

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We did the Cindy breakfast and had a wonderful time. It was a pain in the neck getting the ressies though, but well worth it. I agree with just about everything Woody said, and maybe things have changed, but we did get into WDW earlier than the average guests but that was only because we had an early breakfast and at the time they were doing that character caravan, NOT early entry. so I believe the park opened at 9am to the general public and we were there prior to 8am for our breakfast at 8:15, it was a great photo op getting the girls photos on an empty mainstreet w/o a hundred rear ends for a backdrop. We did go get in a seperate line after going through "security" and there were already lots of people waiting to get into the parks. Still, good luck and keep trying! let us know how it goes.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom