Cinderella's Royal Table

stevepert

Original Poster
How long does an evening meal at CRT take on average? I have an ADR at 1915. Will this cause me issues with watching Happily Ever After, i.e., will I be able to get out of the castle and find a decent viewing spot after our meal?

Schneewittchen

Are you ready to manage your expectations?

Last April my family of 4 had a CRT reservation for 7:20 pm (19:20). We waited a bit longer than I would have liked to be seated, we were hungry....

Anyway, we weren't really planning to watch the fireworks, it was just by chance that they announced in the restaurant that the fireworks were starting in X minutes and that we wouldn't be able to to leave the building until they were over unless we left within the next X minutes. So I think the show probably started at 9:15ish. We managed to complete our meal without a rush, pay and exit behind the castle to watch from the carousel area in Fantasyland. So, yes, in theory, you can have a meal at CRT in under 2 hours and watch fireworks too.

We'd never watched the fireworks from behind the castle before. It was awesome. Yes, we missed the projections, but I think they're lame, so I didn't care that we couldn't see them.

I plan to watch the fireworks from the carousel from now on.....

HouCuseChickie

We've had speedy meals at CRT and painfully slow ones. We once had a 7pm dinner, were seated around 7:30pm, and didn't get out of the castle until shortly before 9pm. I don't know the timing of HEA on your evening, but I've had so many TS meals go way longer than planned that I try and give myself a lot of extra time in our plans.

Sparksfly

We typically make reservations at 8:30 with the intention of watching the fireworks from inside the castle. Were usually out around 10 or shortly after.

Sparksfly

Figure it takes about 30 minutes to be seated and then they bring out the 3 courses. They are usually good about getting the food out in a timely manner though.

Roakor

How long does an evening meal at CRT take on average? I have an ADR at 1915. Will this cause me issues with watching Happily Ever After, i.e., will I be able to get out of the castle and find a decent viewing spot after our meal?

The fireworks from inside the castle are very nice. I wouldn't worry about getting out in time. I would request a window seat if possible and just watch them from there.

Weather_Lady

When we had dinner at CRT, we waited about 20 minutes past our reservation time to be seated. Once inside the restaurant, we were pushed through in about an hour -- so with a 6pm reservation, we were leaving around 7:20pm. Character rotation was very efficient (it was relaxed in terms of time spent per table, but the restaurant is small so the cycle was quick), and each course was served the moment the last guest had finished taking their last bite of the previous one.

MaryJaneP

1. Yes, it will likely cause issues with viewing HEA later, even though you didn't give us a time for your ADR at CRT. Unless you remain rooted to a spot in prime viewing area from about 6 PM until after HEA, you are unlikely to have your choice of spots. 2. No, you will not likely be able to choose your HEA viewing location. 3. In our opinion, the projections for HEA are SERIOUSLY overrated and you will be able, as others have said above, to enjoy the music and fireworks from behind the castle without the dangerously overcrowded area in viewing distance of the front of the castle. In other words, as Bobby McFerrin said, don't worry, be happy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom