Cinderella's Royal Table info

nowsheflies

Original Poster
It's been several years since I've gone to Cindy's for breakfast and I was wondering if someone who has been recently could tell me which princesses are there now? And I think I read somewhere that even though "all you care to eat" is no longer advertised, they still honor it?

Thanks for any info, my trip is next month and I just want to make sure I'm up to date on everything!

jpittore1

We were there June 8. Snow White, Jasmine, Aurora and Ariel was there. My 14 year old son asked if it was still all you can eat and our server said the policy had changed.

DisneyJunkie

My question on CRT is whether or not it's worth the money as far as the dining experience goes. Of course, seeing the characters and whatnot will please the little ones (and who doesn't want to see their smiles), but is the food anything worth writing home about, or is kind of like GF's Park Fare (which I found quite lame, foodwise)?

Weather_Lady

With CRT, you're paying for the "ambiance," not the food, and you'll find that the quality is no better (and in some cases worse) than what you'd find at, say, Crystal Palace. (And as @jpittore1 mentioned, at CRT, "all you care to enjoy" has now changed to "the one small portion about which you care to discover yourself decidedly unenthused"). They absolutely, positively WILL NOT still honor a request for additional portions under the old "all you care to enjoy" policy! If you're really unsatisified with your meal, the best thing you could hope for is that if you explain very nicely that the dish is not what you expected, you might get a chance to order something else, but they will not give you second helpings of anything. You will also notice that while the price point is one you'd expect for upscale food, the actual menu is more akin to what you'll find on the buffet at your local Ponderosa -- for dinner, baked chicken or fish or an inexpensive cut of beef, rice and vegetables, and for your kids -- Chicken. Effin'. Nuggets. ;)

The price is jacked up further by the mandatory "photo package," which is redundant if you already have MemoryMaker or have already met Cinderella at PFTH and taken photos. Unless you are dying to meet some princesses and have no other viable way of working them into your itinerary, or unless dining in the Castle is a lifelong dream for you or one of your traveling companions, then in my opinion by no stretch of the imagination is CRT remotely "worth" the time and money it costs to eat there, for anyone, for any meal, in terms of the quality of tangible product that you receive in return.

In the interest of full disclosure: I've eaten there twice -- once, years ago, for lunch, when it was a far more reasonably-priced meal with no characters whatsoever -- that was awesome and a great value given the special setting. We ate there again 2 months ago, in May (under the current price scale and regime) for the sole reason that my daughter had asked to do it as her birthday present and in lieu of a party, since our visit overlapped with her birthday. After Cinderella, we met Aurora, Jasmine, Ariel, Belle and Snow White. We had "just okay" food (portions were small and no hotter than lukewarm, everyone's meat or fish was overcooked, and the various desserts were presented beautifully but were sicky-sweet to the point of being nearly inedible) but had a lovely time nonetheless due to the festive occasion, attentive service and our irrationally happy "I'm on vacation and I'm not going to sweat the small stuff" attitude, but that doesn't change the fact that for the same money, we could have had TWO really good TS meals elsewhere (including Akershus, if we just HAD to meet us some Princesses)!

Last edited:

nowsheflies

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. Funny how the quality can go down but the prices just keep rising!

It's actually been about five years since I've eaten there (breakfast) and while the food was fine enough and it was a fun experience, I probably wouldn't have to go back if it weren't for my two toddler nieces that want to go.

Ariel1986

With CRT, you're paying for the "ambiance," not the food, and you'll find that the quality is no better (and in some cases worse) than what you'd find at, say, Crystal Palace. (And as @jpittore1 mentioned, at CRT, "all you care to enjoy" has now changed to "the one small portion about which you care to discover yourself decidedly unenthused"). They absolutely, positively WILL NOT still honor a request for additional portions under the old "all you care to enjoy" policy! If you're really unsatisified with your meal, the best thing you could hope for is that if you explain very nicely that the dish is not what you expected, you might get a chance to order something else, but they will not give you second helpings of anything. You will also notice that while the price point is one you'd expect for upscale food, the actual menu is more akin to what you'll find on the buffet at your local Ponderosa -- for dinner, baked chicken or fish or an inexpensive cut of beef, rice and vegetables, and for your kids -- Chicken. Effin'. Nuggets. ;)

The price is further jacked up further by the mandatory "photo package," which is redundant if you already have MemoryMaker or have already met Cinderella at PFTH and taken photos. Unless you are dying to meet some princesses and have no other viable way of working them into your itinerary, or unless dining in the Castle is a lifelong dream for you or one of your traveling companions, then in my opinion by no stretch of the imagination is CRT remotely "worth" the time and money it costs to eat there, for anyone, for any meal, in terms of the quality of tangible product that you receive in return.

In the interest of full disclosure: I've eaten there twice -- once, years ago, for lunch, when it was a far more reasonably-priced meal with no characters whatsoever -- that was awesome and a great value given the special setting. We ate there again 2 months ago, in May (under the current price scale and regime) for the sole reason that my daughter had asked to do it as her birthday present and in lieu of a party, since our visit overlapped with her birthday. After Cinderella, we met Aurora, Jasmine, Ariel, Belle and Snow White. We had "just okay" food (portions were small and no hotter than lukewarm, everyone's meat or fish was overcooked, and the various desserts were presented beautifully but were sicky-sweet to the point of being nearly inedible) but had a lovely time nonetheless due to the festive occasion, attentive service and our irrationally happy "I'm on vacation and I'm not going to sweat the small stuff" attitude, but that doesn't change the fact that for the same money, we could have had TWO really good TS meals elsewhere (including Akershus, if we just HAD to meet us some Princesses)!

Perfect description! Couldn't of said it better.

chdice

We had breakfast at CRT in 2010 and 2012. Our first experience was fantastic. My daughter was 3 weeks any of 2 but the moments with the princesses there were priceless. The food was great. We all ordered the eggs and bacon, but they kept bringing out more and more food including the stuffed French toast.
This was definitely on our to do list in 2012 since we had a great time previously, but it didn't even compare. I felt like we were rushed and the "all you can eat" aspect was gone then- at least for us if not officially. We did try Akershus for the first time that trip and found the food and interaction to be much better (and cheaper!!) than CRT. We dropped CRT from our plans this year for Akershus.
Just my two cents. :)

TaraWdopeyfan

We went to CRT last year and the food was great, my 1st daughter got steak for her choice of lunch, and my 2nd daughter got the chicken nuggets. The waiter even brought out a meal for our 3rd daughter free of charge cause she was under 3yrs old. My husband and I really liked our food and thought there was plenty to eat and i liked it a lot better than Crystal Palace which we ate at last year too. We also agreed we would never eat at Akershus again, none of us like our food and we tried it twice, once in 2011 and again in 2012.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom